Artificial Intelligence: Improve existing products?

Volcanistical

Artificial Intelligence: Can we redesign the world?

So I have thought about how AI systems are become so much more powerful and complex. So along those lines could computer system AI become self learning enough like google DEEPMIND project to improve just about everything? :

• Antivirus software with DEEPMIND rooted together so that another computer system could repeatedly attempt to hack with various viruses, then after such a point the Antivirus software with DEEPMIND becomes aware of creating a defense or destroying the virus as soon as detected. Redesign the virus attacking computer to become aware that it has still not found a route of taking control of the device, as this cause the DEEPMIND system would be added to the virus computer to make that happen. As well as come up with combinations of the current viruses to learn and then create more complex viruses of it's own to unlimited possibilities. This in turn could maybe help some networks get an antivirus software that would be incredibly unbeatable. "Antivirus software" is a relative term as to what software it would actually be called, would be up to the designer of course.
  • DEEPMIND self learning AI could possibly learn the capabilities of the current computer system the AI is working in then calculate all kinds of different computer technology improvements. For example the move from HDD to Solid State Drives, seem to be a great step. Of my own curiosity would multiple flash drives being so small, be converted together easily enough to make like say a 40-500 Terabyte Solid State Hard Drive of sorts?
  • This might be the ultimate kicker if two computers are running DEEPMIND and they both begin communication with each other, in an effort to improve their AI. Would it be possible for the DEEPMIND AI on each machine to learn to create just about anything. Such as a biological organism 3D printer for lack of a better term, in which case tissue of a person could be sampled to create a whole new organ within hours. This is just another thought of no evidence or research yet.
  • With such efficient ways to have computers redesign various capabilities of current technology, I believe I read that the DEEPMIND AI developed a way to reduce cooling cost of googles systems by 40%.
  • Along with all those aspects imagine the future designs this system could create for Aerospace, Rocket design, Possibly another way to enter space in a vehicle made to take flight and at a distance predetermined to quickly speed up the the Earth's atmosphere. Although if such technology becomes available likely this won't be a issue. Alien technology UFO you may think of in this case to explore space more quickly than we have ever before.

These are just various comments on possibly some ways DEEPMIND AI could help advance the world. In no way do I say these are feasible or close to even happening at this point. With an Artificial Intelligence system and nano-technology and creative ingenuity, seems like most anything is possible perhaps probable. Just some interesting thoughts in my opinion. Have a great day.

Thanks, for reading

True 'strong' AI will change the world overnight. It is known as the technological 'singularity'. All bets are off at that point but a good guess is that all our wildest technological dreams will come true. Some of our nightmares too.

20 hours ago, KSK said:

I have no doubt that AI could optimise nearly anything. Whether that optimisation turns out to be an improvement is another matter.

This, its pretty easy to get an AI to optimize something, AI optimization is common for lots of uses like shortest path 
however the AI does not factor in if the optimization is practical. 
Having AI optimize electrical circuits are common for wiring, having it design the entire circuit and you can get weird stuff including using analogue properties in digital circuits. 

2 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

True 'strong' AI will change the world overnight. It is known as the technological 'singularity'. All bets are off at that point but a good guess is that all our wildest technological dreams will come true. Some of our nightmares too.

An strong AI as in human level intelligence AI has an good chance for this.
Main issue current AI is the Wright Flyer and you want an SSTO plane.
Current AI designs are very stupid compared to animals, Benefit is that they are fast so you can run a million training runs fast, its way better than AI two decades ago then it was an joke.
I see it as an bit unlikely we get strong AI just by scaling up existing designs even if we don't get scaling problems. 

1 hour ago, magnemoe said:

Having AI optimize electrical circuits are common for wiring, having it design the entire circuit and you can get weird stuff including using analogue properties in digital circuits. 

https://www.quora.com/How-many-transistors-are-in-i3-i5-and-i7-processors

~750 mln transistors per CPU.
I believe, they aren't placed manually.
Maybe, baby Skynet is already inside.

Interest AI is not quite more intelligent then humans. Systematically running a million scenarios every few hours or less. To improve it's own capabilities.

As such this is OPENai and probably just a sample of what is truly out there. I am fairly certain the is all kinds of "strong" AI. Not, like everything is shared publicly. Use some imagination of what companies are up to.

Edited by Volcanistical

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.