Pawelk198604

Does if someone lie on pilot license medicals can be found

Recommended Posts

Those medical exams are not questionnaires where you tick the "I'm healthy" box and you're done.

The exam I went through for air traffic control lasted two days and just about every imaginable doctor pokes and prods you until they are convinced that they can form an opinion on your health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shpaget said:

Those medical exams are not questionnaires where you tick the "I'm healthy" box and you're done.

The exam I went through for air traffic control lasted two days and just about every imaginable doctor pokes and prods you until they are convinced that they can form an opinion on your health.

but how to convince them, for exemple in Poland is lengthy medical form a bit like for driver license but with more questions on it,  about cardiovascular system, neurology, psychiatry, and so on, so if someone ticked all nesesery fields, and thick other fields that you have problem with some aspect just to lead the doctor :D 

how such exams looks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, just fill out the papers and be honest to the doctor. It is a criminal offense not to. If your disorder shows in your daily interactions with others then nobody will rent you a plane or give you an education anyway, because then the school would commit an offense.

It doesn't help nobody if the accident report contains something like "The pilot had a psychic disorder that he didn't disclose, which could have led to him misjudging the situation."

If you're after more than a PPL then sooner or later you'll be disguised anyway ;-)

 

Edited by Green Baron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Green Baron said:

Man, just fill out the papers and be honest to the doctor. It is a criminal offense not to. If your disorder shows in your daily interactions with others then nobody will rent you a plane or give you an education anyway, because then the school would commit an offense.

If you're after more than a PPL then sooner or later you'll be disguised anyway ;-)

 

how they can find this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Green Baron said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome#Diagnosis

Might be an idea to broaden the search on Autism, idk.

Probably many people have Asperger, like Bill Gates for exemple, Leo Messi(this is official) , it's open secret yet they did not showed official diagnosis 

 

and if someone lied on medicals how they can found this?

 

Speaking of with Von Braun lied about his being pedant, and never get punished for it! :D 

So if someone is brave and opportunist how they can find this? :wink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For example, one of the tests is EEG (electroencephalography). Basically they hook your head to a computer and monitor your brain activity while they flash lights at your eyes and ask you questions. The doctors will look at brain activity and irregularities. There is not much you can do to manipulate that because the answers are not relevant, the brain waves registered on the computer are what is important.

If another test is for cardiovascular system and they hook you up to EKG, you can not consciously alter your heart rate and rhythm to modify the result.

If the test is for peripheral vision, you place your head into a device and are instructed to stare at one spot while there are tiny lights that flash all around you. You are required to push a button each time you see it flash and are not allowed to move your eyes. If you do not see all the lights you need to, you are disqualified. The doctor can see your eyes moving so can he disqualify you if you do.

The tests are designed to be objective and hard to manipulate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shpaget said:

For example, one of the tests is EEG (electroencephalography). Basically they hook your head to a computer and monitor your brain activity while they flash lights at your eyes and ask you questions. The doctors will look at brain activity and irregularities. There is not much you can do to manipulate that because the answers are not relevant, the brain waves registered on the computer are what is important.

If another test is for cardiovascular system and they hook you up to EKG, you can not consciously alter your heart rate and rhythm to modify the result.

If the test is for peripheral vision, you place your head into a device and are instructed to stare at one spot while there are tiny lights that flash all around you. You are required to push a button each time you see it flash and are not allowed to move your eyes. If you do not see all the lights you need to, you are disqualified. The doctor can see your eyes moving so can he disqualify you if you do.

The tests are designed to be objective and hard to manipulate.

But what does EEG does that someone is honest, this test is about finding does someone have epilepsy spikes, not about honesty, and this test is not mandatory, off course doctor can order it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't you speak with the doctor ? He is the right person to tell you if you can fly or not, not the guys in a computer game forum.

(Sorry guys in the computer game forum :-))

Edited by Green Baron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not trying to say EEG is a lie detector. I'm just giving it as an example of a test on which you can not lie.

Here where I live, it is mandatory if you want to be a pilot or an ATC.

Keep in mind that most civil aviation jobs do not require perfect health. Most people have some mild deficiency or another. There are provision and tolerances for various conditions.

7 minutes ago, Green Baron said:

Why don't you speak with the doctor ? He is the right person to tell you, not the guys in a computer game forum.

(Sorry guys in the computer game forum :-))

I didn't get the impression this was about OP trying to get into aviation, but more of a general question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"How can they find out if you lie on a medical exam?"

I'm not really comfortable discussing that question.

***

Are you interested in a pilots license/career but are worried about a medical condition?

I can tell that for the EU there is a standard medical certification that all airline pilots must pass. The main concerns are eyesight, hearing and cardiovascular fitness. You have to re-certify every year I think (though these yearly tests might be less stringent).

Bottom line is, if you get caught, they can make sure you never pilot an aircraft again, simple as that. And since training to be an airline pilot costs (you, the aspiring pilot) in excess of £100,000 I dont think many people risk it.

Edited by p1t1o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

"How can they find out if you lie on a medical exam?"

I'm not really comfortable discussing that question.

***

Are you interested in a pilots license/career but are worried about a medical condition?

I can tell that for the EU there is a standard medical certification that all airline pilots must pass. The main concerns are eyesight, hearing and cardiovascular fitness. You have to re-certify every year I think (though these yearly tests might be less stringent).

Bottom line is, if you get caught, they can make sure you never pilot an aircraft again, simple as that. And since training to be an airline pilot costs (you, the aspiring pilot) in excess of £100,000 I dont think many people risk it.

but why they are make such fuse about Asperger or ADHD?

I can understand about epilepsy, but bother my why it's stil obstacle if someone not have it for 15 years?

And how they can found that someone not tell them wole truth :wink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pawelk198604 said:

but why they are make such fuse about Asperger or ADHD?

I can understand about epilepsy, but bother my why it's stil obstacle if someone not have it for 15 years?

And how they can found that someone not tell them wole truth :wink: 

I would expect ADHD would be a major problem because you are sitting in a cockpit with great visibility while passing a lot of interesting stuff(clouds, rivers, lakes, cities, buildings, birds, other planes, etc) and you must remain focused on piloting pretty much at all times or risk getting into an unrecoverable situation where you and any passengers will probably die(possibly taking out another air or land vehicle at the same time and killing even more people)

I do not know the requirements with regards to previous conditions, but if there are such limitations it is probably due to the the possibility of a recurrence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, p1t1o said:

Bottom line is, if you get caught, they can make sure you never pilot an aircraft again, simple as that. And since training to be an airline pilot costs (you, the aspiring pilot) in excess of £100,000 I dont think many people risk it.

Not only that, but if you got caught and you had been flying passenger aircraft I'm sure there would be at least a civil lawsuit, maybe even a criminal trial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I recall correctly, OP has raised this question before. And as we said that other time, it is never a good idea to lie on legally-binding forms, and it's an even worse idea to discuss illegal activities on our forum. 

Thread closed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.