KSP Weekly: The Galilean Telescope

SQUAD

25 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

I may be misinterpreting your point, but I'm not seeing that behavior in testing (yes, they're radially attached to the decoupler, with crossfeed enabled):

ENQvRds.png

Twice today already. My apologies. Some days I should really just not post on the forum.

It only works the way I said with separators, not decouplers: when the separator comes loose of everything else, all parts that have been radially attached to the separator also come loose and fly off by themselves. Demonstrator: the same construct you show here, but use a separator instead of the decoupler. See also the pics under below spoiler so you don't have to redo your test if you don't want to:

Spoiler

mnjXP42.png

Before staging. TR-2C separator is attached on top of the adapter and under the octagonal struts; lower spiders are radially attached to the separator.

fJXrGXj.png

Stage: separator and the lower spiders all come loose... separator falls back down onto the adapter without damage, the spiders are in the process of flying off in all four cardinal directions and towards their destruction onto the launchpad.

Not sure why I added decouplers there in my first reply. I mean, decouplers remain attached to one side of the craft; this is common knowledge for anyone that has done more than two launches in KSP, yes? But no, my brain felt it had to type *and* post that extra word there... :(:blush:

16 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

If you install ksp from the squad store (idk about steam) make sure you download the .pkg and not the .zip. It directly launches if you use the .pkg to install ksp.  

thanks ill try that (Hmmm... I did not find a pkg download for the pre-release, only the Zip.  No worries, I can launch it via an alias from the package contents - but this still remains on ongoing gripe for all mac users)

11 hours ago, Ten Key said:

Is it my imagination, or are the seats in the wrong orientation for Voskhod?

Vostok_and_Voskhod_crew_seating.png

Note the hatch, and how it goes from being over the cosmonaut's head on Vostok to being off on the cosmonauts' right side on Voskhod? 

Voskhod 1 Interior -- See how the vizor scope and instrument stack are on the left side now, instead of below and in front of the pilot's seat? And how the instruments have not been rotated to match the new seat positions, so they're 90 degrees off from the cosmonaut's viewpoint? I know this is a minor thing, but it was a visible side effect off the Vostok --> Voskhod evolution and doesn't seem all that difficult to implement. 

This is correct I spotted it also a day ago.  I don't think it's a big deal but definitely not a historical representation.

Edited by Wallygator

Apologies if this has already been covered but are there any plans for a Service Module with three-fold symmetry for its internal partitions rather than four? (At least the one in the video looked like it had four-fold symmetry.) Or does the part geometry change depending on the VAB symmetry setting?

I only ask because Apollo used three main chutes, so a three-fold symmetric Service Module would be nice for constructing replica Apollo craft.

2 hours ago, KSK said:

Apologies if this has already been covered but are there any plans for a Service Module with three-fold symmetry for its internal partitions rather than four? (At least the one in the video looked like it had four-fold symmetry.) Or does the part geometry change depending on the VAB symmetry setting?

I only ask because Apollo used three main chutes, so a three-fold symmetric Service Module would be nice for constructing replica Apollo craft.

Agreed, As would a 6-fold symmetric 2.5m service module (if it existed in-game)

2 hours ago, KSK said:

3 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

Agreed, As would a 6-fold symmetric 2.5m service module (if it existed in-game)

sounds like more mesh switch options :wink: really that feature is gonna be the best thing about this update

29 minutes ago, Abstract_Kerman said:

Am i the only one tired of "survival mode will have a gun" and they show in game footage or gifs of the gun and it seems to work fine but they still don't release a beta for the gun and other parts.

How long have you been following KSP's development? This is how they've done things since at least 0.20. Hell, half the time we never even got previews, stuff just showed up.

E: And for what it's worth, I'm not defending it. That's just how things are. They're not going to change.

Edited by regex

On 08/26/2017 at 7:21 PM, Angel-125 said:

I am looking forward to the Mission Builder and the new functionality available in the DLC, but if the artwork looked like this

https://m.imgur.com/f8QN9fB

then it would really knock the DLC out of the park. I glad that we are getting new content but wow, with an art pass like that *swoon*

WOW is that made by one person? Not being paid and doing it in their spare time? :0.0:

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

It doesn't all look like that, sadly. I'm working on it. :)

I found that your parts are very well designed already, but if you say that they're not as beautiful as you want, I can't wait to see the result :D ! If the parts of the DLC could be as beautiful as yours, it'd be great :wink:

On 8/29/2017 at 10:18 AM, regex said:

How long have you been following KSP's development? This is how they've done things since at least 0.20. Hell, half the time we never even got previews, stuff just showed up.

E: And for what it's worth, I'm not defending it. That's just how things are. They're not going to change.

i have been following its development recently i know it will never change im just venting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.