Satellite won't transmit - full bat., sat, and new data

Put a satellite into Mun orbit. Science a bunch of brand new data. Got full satellite connevtion, got plenty of battery, pull up "review data" look at transmit - 0%, save game, try it anyway "aborting transmission". Nothing in the game documentation. Need to upgrade satellite facility? 

Edited by jman66
added image

If it says 0% on the transmit button, that means you already transmitted or recovered that experiment once, or that your ship has no antenna (except the internal one). The internal antenna can't be used for transmitting science, if that's what you are trying. A picture of your probe trying to transmit might help.

Edited by bewing

I keep trying to add images, but maybe because I'm new to the board I can't?

But to respond to bewing and reactor, I have batteries and solar panels and I've checked the power and all good there, I stacked four of the level 3 antennae, so no problem there. I have a level 2 transmit facility, I am in direct view of kerbin, the experiment is new and has not been collected before because when i click on the science storage unit it displays "science data from around the moon: 46.3" or whatever. so i know the data is there or it wouldn't display. 

Usually when you have some data you can click on the unit and it shows the amount and the transmission percentage. I have the data right there, but 0 transmission percentage.

Its an unmanned probe, but i know thats not the problem bc i have another manned probe in kerbal orbit around kerbol and it also will not transmit. I have checked the guides on line and its telling me that satellite power i have should get me at least as far as I am currently (my manned probe is not far advanced in its orbit from kerbin).

I dunno. This is getting to be frustrating bc I can't advance my tech any further bc I have run out of most of my kerbin based science.

3 hours ago, jman66 said:

I keep trying to add images, but maybe because I'm new to the board I can't?

No user can post an image direct to this forum. You have to use an image server, such as imgur.com (or a website that is arranged to allow hotlinks). I think if you look in the FAQ, it has instructions on posting images -- but you can just wing it, too.

But to respond to bewing and reactor, I have batteries and solar panels and I've checked the power and all good there, I stacked four of the level 3 antennae, so no problem there. I have a level 2 transmit facility, I am in direct view of kerbin, the experiment is new and has not been collected before because when i click on the science storage unit it displays "science data from around the moon: 46.3" or whatever. so i know the data is there or it wouldn't display. 

Usually when you have some data you can click on the unit and it shows the amount and the transmission percentage. I have the data right there, but 0 transmission percentage.

So yeah, what you are describing sounds impossible -- so I'm probably not getting a good visual impression of what you are seeing through this text.

Its an unmanned probe, but i know thats not the problem bc i have another manned probe in kerbal orbit around kerbol and it also will not transmit. I have checked the guides on line and its telling me that satellite power i have should get me at least as far as I am currently (my manned probe is not far advanced in its orbit from kerbin).

I dunno. This is getting to be frustrating bc I can't advance my tech any further bc I have run out of most of my kerbin based science.

Heh. Highly unlikely that you've run out of Kerbin based science -- unless you've been reading the wiki studiously. There are a lot of tricks for experts for gathering Kerbin science.

8 hours ago, jman66 said:

... the experiment is new and has not been collected before because when i click on the science storage unit it displays "science data from around the moon: 46.3" or whatever. so i know the data is there or it wouldn't display. 

It seems like normal game behavior to me. You did the experiment (e.g. temperature scan) in the same situation (flying low) in the same biome (mun lowlands) before and transmitted(or recovered) it. Check in the R&D building. 

That was not enough to collect all science available from the experiment,  but what is left need to be recovered to yeld science points. 

I guess your probe is not designed to return to Kerbin. In this case bringing a kerbal to collect the science will be necessary (that or redoing the mission).

I can't advance my tech any further bc I have run out of most of my kerbin based science

Pfff. Just do a few kerbaled mission to Mun/Minmus and you will complete the tree in no time. If you have trouble designing that mission just send a image of your current tech and we will help with a rocket and some advice. 

if I already did this experiment, why would it collect valueless data? and I'm not talking about mits.  This is showing me clearly that i have received science credit for this experiment.  I don't know how else to say it. 

any other time my science modules have data in them, I get credit for the data when I land or transmit.  KSP doesn't give credit for useless science.  

when i hit open space above kerbin and scienced barometric pressure, it would say science for blah blah, "Its crazy that a vacuum has no barometric pressure!".  yeah and the next time that happened I got nothing bc the experiment was already done! I get that.  

this aint that. i have never scienced the science module from around the Mun so I know that aint it. It's literally showing me I have never done this experiment before!   

I appreciate y'all responding, but this is not a problem of having al;ready cscienced something before.  i figured that out on day one. 

so Imgur is weird. I signed up, up;loaded these images and it seems to not want to post anything to the forum when I hit "Insert other media".  dum  

trying to sign up for imgur. 

6qktd8u.png

WE6sc1X.png

1 hour ago, jman66 said:

thats what i was trying to explain.  the science is there. it just won't transmit.  

There's no science there to transmit. If you have a contract to transmit science from around the Mun you can hit the transmit button and that should send 25 mits of data to fulfill the contract but you won't get any extra science for it because you've already got all the transmitted science that was available for that experiment in that situation. In order to get that 46 science it will need to be recovered back on Kerbin, either by landing the probe or by grabbing the science and returning it in another ship.

Unless your mods are changing something the only reason you'd be getting an "aborting transmission" message is if you don't have enough power to transmit 25 mits of data.

Edited by Reactordrone

2 hours ago, jman66 said:

thats what i was trying to explain.  the science is there. it just won't transmit.  

No offense but look again the lower image, where it says "Transmit: +0.0 Science".   You've already transmitted all the science that can be transmitted - the balance must be recovered.

You typically only get half credit for transmitting an experiment. And then you can never transmit that experiment again.

However, you can always get the other half of the credit for the experiment by landing it.

What that experiment is telling you is that you already transmitted that experiment once. There is still science there, yes. You have not gotten full credit for that experiment, because all you did was transmit it the first time. But you are going to have to land the experiment to get those final science points.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.