[1.12.x] SpaceTux Industries Recycled Parts

linuxgurugamer

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

190831T164936.606 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'SpaceTuxIndustries/RecycledParts/Clockwork_Industries/Spare_Parts/Parts/RamAirIntakeMK3/Ram jet Mk 10 Normal_NRM 1' not found!
190831T164937.100 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'SpaceTuxIndustries/RecycledParts/Mike_NZ_Crafts/Farscape/Farscape (6)' not found!
190831T164937.138 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'SpaceTuxIndustries/RecycledParts/Mike_NZ_Crafts/Farscape/White' not found!
190831T164937.141 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'SpaceTuxIndustries/RecycledParts/Mike_NZ_Crafts/Farscape/BrownMetal' not found!
190831T164937.262 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'SpaceTuxIndustries/RecycledParts/Mike_NZ_Crafts/Farscape/Spaces/Farscape (6)' not found!

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

Edited by N3N

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Rocket Witch said:

@linuxgurugamer were you able to fix the gimbal issue or determine it's more likely a problem on my end?

It's a problem with the model, this happened on the Atomic Age parts as well, but I got those fixed.  Haven't had time to follow up on these yet.  For now, I'd suggest just locking the gimble in plase

Hey @linuxgurugamer

Is the RSCapsuledyne RS "Tiny" Size 3 nuke engine supposed to run so hot? Since using your version, I have been getting constant overheating and explosions using 4x Medium Radiators on my craft. The engine explodes after ~30 secs of burn which seems very overwhelming? Is there a supposed ideal radiator setup?? 

Any advice would be helpful from anyone :)

Many Thanks!

**EDIT** After much testing have found that this engine even after scaling down the heatProduction value manually to 1400 it will always explode even with multiple large thermal control systems (used 4 in my testing) even built on my nuclear engine using modded more powerful radiators from NearFuture and even it still will explode, it just extends how long it takes to explode.

Edited by spoonyboobah
Added new info

• 1 month later...

Hey @linuxgurugamer

I only installed the part of the atomic age mod.

Now i have the problem that the new nuclear engines have no heating and particle effect when there are in use.   I use KSP Version 1.7.3.   I would be happy if you can help me.

My installed mods: https://imgur.com/a/QFPgE3y

Pls also inform me, if you need more informations.

Shaddow Phönix

20 hours ago, Shaddow Phönix said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer

I only installed the part of the atomic age mod.

Now i have the problem that the new nuclear engines have no heating and particle effect when there are in use.   I use KSP Version 1.7.3.   I would be happy if you can help me.

My installed mods: https://imgur.com/a/QFPgE3y

Pls also inform me, if you need more informations.

Shaddow Phönix

Log file, please

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum @Nopeyyy.
Mod makers spend a lot of time and energy creating great additions to the game we all love. Please remember that while it is not against the rules to request an update if it's polite and not repetitive, @linuxgurugamer is maintaining over 200 mods so please be patient as this would be a heavy workload for a team of devs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, GantradiesDracos said:

something ill admit to being a little confused by- there's both a "recycled parts" mod, and an entry for each individual component on Ckan- is it a "core and module" setup, or does the file that doesn't mention an individual mod by name contain all of em?

The second one. "Recycled Parts" contains all of the others. If you want to have all parts, install the "Recycled Parts" module, if you only want  some of them, select them individually.
CKAN will report an error if you try to install one of the individual modules together with the big "Recycled Parts" module.

• 2 months later...

Hello @linuxgurugamer!

I believe that the OP says that Atomic Age needs firespitter. However, checking this forum thread and the github shows there is no necessity for this mod. I believe fixing this will make it much easier for people that will newly download the mod, as most of us have module manager while less have firespitter.

Thanks,

Mabdi36

Edited by mabdi36

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Redchrome said:

@linuxgurugamerThank you for keeping these old mods alive. the Taurus capsule from RS Capsuledyne is an amazing piece of work.

Your welcome

I signed up on your Patreon to give you a little support.

Thank you

It would be nice to have the RSCapsuledyne mod at least updated so that it reports as being compatible with the latest KSP. :)

What's not compatible?  or are you just referring to the message saying that it may not be compatible?  The .version file only lists a minimum number, what are you seeing?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 1:37 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.2.4, the Heat update:

• Fixed heat production of LV4N, it was way too low
  • Reduced the heat production of the FTmN40
  • Increased heat production of FTmN-160
  • Increased heat production of the FTmN-280
  • Reduced heat production of the LtBY 18K
  • Reduced heat production of the BL-40n
  • Increased heat production of the FTmN-80
  • Increased heat production of the FTmN-180
  • Increased heat production of the FTmN-400
  • Reduced heat production drastically on the KANDL
  • Reduced heat production on the LANTR
  • Increased heat production on the NuclearJetEngine
  • Increased heat production of the taurusNuclearEngine
  • Changed secondary engines to conventional engine (Fuel+Ox) on taurusNuclearEngine

Is the taurusNuclearEngine heat production really accurate, I have to like 3200kW of radiators on my craft and the nuke explodes in like 30 seconds of burn????

52 minutes ago, spoonyboobah said:

Is the taurusNuclearEngine heat production really accurate, I have to like 3200kW of radiators on my craft and the nuke explodes in like 30 seconds of burn????

If you compare it to other nuclear engines, it's in line with them (ie:  more thrust = more heat, etc.)

• 1 month later...

Something seems to be wrong with Mk2 Essentials' part aerodynamics. Looks like they can't fully occlude other Mk2 parts, thus creating extra cross-sectional drag where there shouldn't be. Below is a comparison between stock Mk2 Drone Core and Mk2 Reaction Wheel Module

Spoiler

zuh4rDB.pngkOwIIJT.png

Another problem is that all mod Mk2 parts have lower max temperature than stock Mk2 parts (2000K vs 2500K)

Edited by IvanBatura

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.