[1.12.x] SpaceTux Industries Recycled Parts

linuxgurugamer

Considering the availability of coreheat function and radiators now, should many of the atomic engines be updated to utilize coreheat and have  more overheat tendencies?

Of course the RTG-Based atomic engines should have built in radiators sufficient for their purpose unless various conditions prevent proper usage of said radiators. 

Edited by Ruedii
More details.

On 2/15/2018 at 9:41 PM, Ruedii said:

Considering the availability of coreheat function and radiators now, should many of the atomic engines be updated to utilize coreheat and have  more overheat tendencies?

Of course the RTG-Based atomic engines should have built in radiators sufficient for their purpose unless various conditions prevent proper usage of said radiators. 

Are you offering to do the work?  I'd be happy to accept a PR on Github for this

I'll put it on my todo list.  However, my todo list is long.

I will write up a blueprint so whomever gets the contributions in first can put the individual pull requests for each engine immediately.

The other feature request is adding the upgrade function.  (Across the board.)

Also, if license permits, we need to see about getting the porkjet parts onto this pack set.

On 2/18/2018 at 12:56 PM, Ruedii said:

I'll put it on my todo list.  However, my todo list is long.

I will write up a blueprint so whomever gets the contributions in first can put the individual pull requests for each engine immediately.

The other feature request is adding the upgrade function.  (Across the board.)

Also, if license permits, we need to see about getting the porkjet parts onto this pack set.

Which Porkjet parts are you talking about?

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

They are available and supported from this page:  

Those ones are rebalanced for SETI though, I'm talking about the originals, only with meshswitch added.

Edited by Ruedii
fix quote block (no content change.)

34 minutes ago, Ruedii said:

Those ones are rebalanced for SETI though, I'm talking about the originals, only with meshswitch added.

According to the web page:

Configures and redistributes Porkjets PartOverhauls (CC-BY-NC-3.0), so that it fits into stock and VenStockRevamp without replacing parts.
Some parts are now 1.875m sized, two engines augment the 0.625m collection, Boattail versions stay 1.25m sized.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unrelated (or at least not limited) to this mod - have had the same happen with various aircraft (some of which used no parts from here), for no unique reason I've been able to nail down yet.  Sometimes changing landing gear works, other times shifting the CoM works, and a few times have required a total rebuild/redesign.  Adding a single launch clamp can often fix it as well - but other times just results in destruction of the craft on launch as it still tries to catapult up...

On 3/30/2018 at 8:50 AM, PhazonS said:

Every time I try to launch the Farscape, it inexplicably pops into the air and starts falling. It's on the runway for a split second, then it's tumbling from around a kilometer in the air.

10 hours ago, RaccoonTOF said:

Unrelated (or at least not limited) to this mod - have had the same happen with various aircraft (some of which used no parts from here), for no unique reason I've been able to nail down yet.  Sometimes changing landing gear works, other times shifting the CoM works, and a few times have required a total rebuild/redesign.  Adding a single launch clamp can often fix it as well - but other times just results in destruction of the craft on launch as it still tries to catapult up...

There are several bugs in the bug tracker related to gear-related problems in 1.4.2. Hopefully they get ironed out soon. 

On 2/23/2018 at 9:29 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

According to the web page:

See this comment about the problem with the various mods that implement Porkjet's Mk1 overhauls:

Feel free to pitch in, your knowledge is welcome and appreciated.

On 3/30/2018 at 9:50 AM, PhazonS said:

Every time I try to launch the Farscape, it inexplicably pops into the air and starts falling. It's on the runway for a split second, then it's tumbling from around a kilometer in the air.

Install the World Stabilizer mod

Is World Stabilizer working in 1.4.2?  I had issues with it in 1.4.0 apparently working against the "fix" in the official patch for bases launching up into the air, and actually ending up launching them even further than WITHOUT World Stabilizer installed.  I guess I'll give it a shot next time I have a craft that repeatedly exhibits the airdrop over runway issue...

EDIT: According to the mod thread, it has not been updated since 1.3.1 considering that the bug was believed fixed...

Edited by RaccoonTOF

13 hours ago, RaccoonTOF said:

Is World Stabilizer working in 1.4.2?  I had issues with it in 1.4.0 apparently working against the "fix" in the official patch for bases launching up into the air, and actually ending up launching them even further than WITHOUT World Stabilizer installed.  I guess I'll give it a shot next time I have a craft that repeatedly exhibits the airdrop over runway issue...

EDIT: According to the mod thread, it has not been updated since 1.3.1 considering that the bug was believed fixed...

Yes, World,Stabilizer does work in 1.4.*, and I contacted the author, he said he will try to get a 1.4 update out this weekend.

Apparent success with World Stabilizer fixing the issue on one of my craft that was quite prone to this.  Hopefully I won't see issues with the previous 1.4 conflict I saw with base structures on the Mun (I started a new career, so no test base currently) - anyway, thanks for the heads up that it was in fact working still.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.