[1.12.x] SpaceTux Industries Recycled Parts

linuxgurugamer

14 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

@linuxgurugamer I did a pull request last night for this mod. The language filter on the forum mangled one of the part names in the indicator lights patch I posted which made it to the release. The Taurus Hitchhiker had s-H-i-t in the middle of the part name replaced with "excrements". I noticed it playing yesterday when I added the part to a craft and the lights weren't there.

Good reason to avoid posting patches in the forum.

Thanks for catching it, I'll get it fixed

• 1 month later...

Question about CKAN installs, which entry is the "full" install (if any)? The OP says there's gonna be a single entry that installs them all?
ALL of them are showing as 31.9 MB so I'm not really sure which one is the "all-encompassing" one.

I did the noob thing (new to CKAN) and tried to checkbox them all and got an alert saying it was trying overwrite something in the Ships/SPH directory that was installed by another mod.

Seems CKAN isn't as sophisticated as Skyrim's Mod Organizer when it comes to mod vs. mod conflicts. Or patches.

I tried to install them all because it's not transparent which is the "full install". At first glance, it seems these two mods that conflict in CKAN (Farscape and RSCapsuledyle) are different... yet both have craft files which causes CKAN to issue an overcautious hard abort.

Could this be a packaging error?

KSP 1.6.1.2401 --- CKAN 1.25..4
This is the error I get when trying to install them all:

About to install...

* Recycled Parts Atomic Age 0.1.6.1 (cached)
 * Recycled Parts Farscape 0.1.6.1 (cached)
 * Recycled Parts FTmN Atomic Rockets 0.1.6.1 (cached)
 * Recycled Parts FTmN Improved Atomic Rockets 0.1.6.1 (cached)
 * Recycled Parts KAL-9000 0.1.6.1 (cached)
 * Recycled Parts LVN Clusters 0.1.6.1 (cached)
 * Recycled Parts Mk2 Essentials 0.1.6.1 (cached)
 * Recycled Parts Mk2 KIS Containers 0.1.6.1 (cached)
 * Recycled Parts Mk2 Lightning 0.1.6.1 (cached)
 * Recycled Parts Mk2 Solar Batteries 0.1.6.1 (cached)
 * Recycled Parts Orgami Foldable Assets 0.1.6.1 (cached)
 * Recycled Parts RSCapsuledyne 0.1.6.1 (cached)
 * Recycled Parts Spare Parts 0.1.6.1 (cached)
 * Community Tech Tree 1:3.3.6 (cached)
 * The Janitor's Closet 0.3.4.6 (cached)
 * KSP Wheel 0.14.11.30 (cached)
 * Patch Manager 0.0.16.4 (cached)
 * BahamutoD Animation Modules 1:v0.6.5.6 (cached)
 * ClickThrough Blocker 0.1.7.1 (cached)

Module "Recycled Parts Atomic Age" successfully installed
Module "Recycled Parts Farscape" successfully installed
Module "Recycled Parts FTmN Atomic Rockets" successfully installed
Module "Recycled Parts FTmN Improved Atomic Rockets" successfully installed
Module "Recycled Parts KAL-9000" successfully installed
Module "Recycled Parts LVN Clusters" successfully installed
Module "Recycled Parts Mk2 Essentials" successfully installed
Module "Recycled Parts Mk2 KIS Containers" successfully installed
Module "Recycled Parts Mk2 Lightning" successfully installed
Module "Recycled Parts Mk2 Solar Batteries" successfully installed
Module "Recycled Parts Orgami Foldable Assets" successfully installed

Oh no! We tried to overwrite a file owned by another mod!
Please try a `ckan update` and try again.

If this problem re-occurs, then it maybe a packaging bug.
Please report it at:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/new

Please including the following information in your report:

File           : Ships/SPH/A Nuke Cruiser-Skalou-03.craft
Installing Mod : RecycledPartsRSCapsuledyne 0.1.6.1
Owning Mod     : RecycledPartsFarscape
CKAN Version   : v1.25.4

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Error!

Edited by Rabblerouser

1 hour ago, Rabblerouser said:

I'm strangely enough not seeing an entry just called "Recycled Parts". I searched a little further back in this thread, btw, and apparently there have been conflicts with craft files before? Am I stuck on an earlier repo or something?

This is what I see when searching in CKAN for "recycled".

I assume you refreshed?  The top line should be Recycled Parts

On 3/18/2019 at 3:28 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I assume you refreshed?  The top line should be Recycled Parts

I have it set to refresh every startup. But yes, I've refreshed manually to make sure. It's not there. Apologies for the late reply. Perhaps it's an issue about compatibility like you mentioned in the KAS thread? It's odd because CKAN is picking up the individual mods but not the full install.

Edited by Rabblerouser

2 hours ago, Rabblerouser said:

I have it set to refresh every startup. But yes, I've refreshed manually to make sure. It's not there. Apologies for the late reply. Perhaps it's an issue about compatibility like you mentioned in the KAS thread? It's odd because CKAN is picking up the individual mods but not the full install.

Most likely, that's the issue.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there.

I use this mod for months now and had no real problem so far but did you know that the Farscape spawns in the middle of the air? If it gets attached to anything it also spawns in the air. Is there a fix for this or can you fix it? :D

On 4/19/2019 at 12:17 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes I am aware. But you didn't say was what version of KSP you are playing. 

Install the mod World Stabilizer and that should fix it

I am on 1.7! I'll try it, thanks.

And another thing - I just noticed that the seats in the Farscape work like External Command Seat. Is that wanted or changeable in any way? If not its fine, just wanted to ask. 

5 hours ago, McMarcel said:

I am on 1.7! I'll try it, thanks.

And another thing - I just noticed that the seats in the Farscape work like External Command Seat. Is that wanted or changeable in any way? If not its fine, just wanted to ask. 

That's the way it is.

• 3 months later...

@linuxgurugamer The FTmN 40, 80, 180 and 280 engines' gimbals only point in the pitch axis; the yaw response rotates the assembly like it's trying to roll instead of facing the nozzle sideways. The FTnM 400 and LtBY 18K don't appear to gimbal at all (no animation, no deflection of exhaust, also no moveable structure on the model so it doesn't appear these are meant to gimbal anyway).

Edited by Guest
spelling of FTmN

32 minutes ago, Rocket Witch said:

@linuxgurugamer The FTnM 40, 80, 180 and 280 engines' gimbals only point in the pitch axis; the yaw response rotates the assembly like it's trying to roll instead of facing the nozzle sideways. The FTnM 400 and LtBY 18K don't appear to gimbal at all (no animation, no deflection of exhaust, also no moveable structure on the model so it doesn't appear these are meant to gimbal anyway).

What version of the game are you playing?

On 3/22/2019 at 6:56 PM, Rabblerouser said:

Hey,

I have the same Issue and I think it's, because in CKAN "Firespitter", is only compatible with KSP 1.6.9...

(And I can't find any newer Firespitter on github or the forum.)

(That seems to be a problem with many other mods too, see the other RoverDude mods, for example...)

ckan-problem1-M.png

Edited by N3N

20 minutes ago, N3N said:

I have the same Issue and I think it's, because in CKAN "Firespitter", is only compatible with KSP 1.6.9...

(And I can't find any newer Firespitter on github or the forum.)

(That seems to be a problem with many other mods too, see the other RoverDude mods, for example...)

The solution is under the 2nd menu bar item, 4th option, Settings > Compatible KSP Versions.  I've got KSP 1.7, 1.6, and 1.5 checked.  Could likely also include KSP 1.4 and at a stretch 1.3.  As always, need to check on mods before about 1.6 to be sure.

12 hours ago, Jacke said:

The solution is under the 2nd menu bar item, 4th option, Settings > Compatible KSP Versions.  I've got KSP 1.7, 1.6, and 1.5 checked.  Could likely also include KSP 1.4 and at a stretch 1.3.  As always, need to check on mods before about 1.6 to be sure.

Hey,

I haven't played KSP for more than 12 months and now I'm trying to update all my favorite mods, but many aren't marked as compatible in CKAN.

And here on the forum, they said, that most mods, that are marked as compatible with 1.7/1.7.1/1.7.2, are also compatible with 1.7.3.

But are you sure that it goes even further?

I thought you had to recompile the most mods after a new (bigger) version and that it could have problems with new features, bug-fixes and API-changes...

1 hour ago, N3N said:

I thought you had to recompile the most mods after a new (bigger) version and that it could have problems with new features, bug-fixes and API-changes...

It depends on what kind of mod, and how old it is.

Parts mods, meaning no code, will usually work without any change.  Very old parts mods may need to be updated, very old meaning before 1.0

Code based mods, will, in most cases, work in current release if they are 1.4.5 or newer.  There are a few mods which dont follow this rule.

Most of my mods work in 1.7.3, even if the title hasnt been updated yet.  I am not aware of any mod of mine which isn’t working because of a ksp release.

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It depends on what kind of mod, and how old it is.

Parts mods, meaning no code, will usually work without any change.  Very old parts mods may need to be updated, very old meaning before 1.0

Code based mods, will, in most cases, work in current release if they are 1.4.5 or newer.  There are a few mods which dont follow this rule.

Most of my mods work in 1.7.3, even if the title hasnt been updated yet.  I am not aware of any mod of mine which isn’t working because of a ksp release.

Hey,

And how is it about the requirements, to they work with 1.7.3?

For example in this picture:

ckan-problem1-M.png

Edited by N3N

Well, lets see.  I currently support about 200 mods,  

It takes about 15 minutes to update the version info for a mod which doesn't require any changes or testing.  That is approximately 50 or so mods.

Updating, testing a code based mod can take anywhere from 1/2 hour to several hours work.  Each.

I leave it to you to calculate how much time I need to update 200 mods to a new version.

This is a HOBBY.  I don’t get paid for this, although a few kind souls do contribute to my expenses on Patreon.

Again, this is a hobby.  Hobby time is limited.  Assume that I have 10 hours per week to to this.

Now take the number you calculated above, and divide it by the time I have available each week.  How many weeks will it take for me to go through all my mods and get them updated?

Regarding CKAN, you can (and should) tell it, in one of the menu items, to accept 1.7 as compatible.  I go further, by telling it 1.6.  

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, lets see.  I currently support about 200 mods,  

It takes about 15 minutes to update the version info for a mod which doesn't require any changes or testing.  That is approximately 50 or so mods.

Updating, testing a code based mod can take anywhere from 1/2 hour to several hours work.  Each.

I leave it to you to calculate how much time I need to update 200 mods to a new version.

This is a HOBBY.  I don’t get paid for this, although a few kind souls do contribute to my expenses on Patreon.

Again, this is a hobby.  Hobby time is limited.  Assume that I have 10 hours per week to to this.

Now take the number you calculated above, and divide it by the time I have available each week.  How many weeks will it take for me to go through all my mods and get them updated?

Regarding CKAN, you can (and should) tell it, in one of the menu items, to accept 1.7 as compatible.  I go further, by telling it 1.6.  

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to criticize or annoy you or give you even more work! :(

I'm very thankful for all that work that you do for all this mods and community! THANK YOU!

I just wanted some information, because I didn't have much time and it's a long time ago, that I played/modded KSP and I asked it the "dumb way", sorry.

I did tell CKAN to accept 1.7 and above, and if you say 1.6 is ok, too, than I will set it to that, too.

Edited by N3N

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No offense taken.

Feel free to ask for help if you run into any problems

Hey,

Ok, thank you.

Than I have an other question:

I set CKAN to accept 1.7 and 1.6, but I still can't install "SpaceTux Industries Recycled Parts", because of "B9 Aerospace Props" (<1.5.99).

As I saw, that this are just IVA props (or am I wrong?), is there a possibility to install it without the props or do I have to set CKAN to accept 1.5, too... :P

41 minutes ago, N3N said:

Hey,

Ok, thank you.

Than I have an other question:

I set CKAN to accept 1.7 and 1.6, but I still can't install "SpaceTux Industries Recycled Parts", because of "B9 Aerospace Props" (<1.5.99).

As I saw, that this are just IVA props (or am I wrong?), is there a possibility to install it without the props or do I have to set CKAN to accept 1.5, too... :P

Set CKAN to allow 1.5, install the B9 props, then remove the setting.

The props are just parts and models, so no problem,.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.