[1.12.x] SpaceTux Industries Recycled Parts

linuxgurugamer

On 12/15/2017 at 12:47 AM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Small issue with one of the patches in AtomicAge: in SpaceTuxIndustries\RecycledParts\AtomicAge\IntakeAtm.cfg, the patch that adds IntakeAtm to all parts isn't checking to see if the resource IntakeAtm is already present in the part.

When other mods are installed that do the same thing, the result is a duplicate ModuleResourceIntake.

I think this modified patch will avoid the problem (and also stop from defining the IntakeAtm resource if CRP is installed):

RESOURCE_DEFINITION:NEEDS[!CommunityResourcePack]
{
  name = IntakeAtm
  density = 0.005
  unitCost = 0
  hsp = 10
  flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
  transfer = PUMP
  isTweakable = false
}

// This adds the modules to those parts which have both ModuleResourceIntake
// and the resource IntakeAir
// This is needed so the Nuclear jet Engine will work in atmospheres
// which don't have oxygen
// Parts affeced are any part which has an intake
// This dupliates the existing Module and changes the new one with the IntakeAtm
// values
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake],@RESOURCE[IntakeAir],!RESOURCE[IntakeAtm]]:NEEDS[!WarpPlugin|!GTI]
{
	+MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]
	{ 
		@resourceName = IntakeAtm
		@checkForOxygen = false
	}

+RESOURCE[IntakeAir]
	{
		@name = IntakeAtm
	}
}

Will do , thanks

I like shiny things and if you do to and use TU 

Here is a patch to get most of this mod in  I did leave out the mk2LightningCockpit,RSCapsuledyne and the 2mToroidFuOx just doesn't want to work or I am missing something I will get the rest I had them in put changed my mind some might not want them that shiny

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s20obyhf6p2nthd/TexturesUnlimited_SpaceTuxIndustries_A.zip?dl=0

5 hours ago, Mecripp said:
I like shiny things and if you do to and use TU 

Here is a patch to get most of this mod in  I did leave out the mk2LightningCockpit,RSCapsuledyne and the 2mToroidFuOx just doesn't want to work or I am missing something I will get the rest I had them in put changed my mind some might not want them that shiny

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s20obyhf6p2nthd/TexturesUnlimited_SpaceTuxIndustries_A.zip?dl=0

I'll wait until you are done before adding it to the mod

the 2mToroidFuOx tank don't want to work and i'm done trying to get it to work and on the Farscape how to you attach the MNZFARDrive ?
I did take a little of the shiny out of the engines so they fit more with the rest of the parts

On 12/17/2017 at 1:12 AM, Mecripp said:
the 2mToroidFuOx tank don't want to work and i'm done trying to get it to work and on the Farscape how to you attach the MNZFARDrive ?
I did take a little of the shiny out of the engines so they fit more with the rest of the parts

I'll take a look at it, thanks.

Will probably put it in as an optional patch

KER and MJ modules for KAL9000 and therefore changing some stats.

Spoiler

@PART[KAL9000]
{
	@TechRequired = basicScience   // node, where the first probe appears (Stayputnik).
                                       // MechJeb-part appears at the same tech-column

@entryCost = 10000
	@cost:NEEDS[!MechJeb2]  = 600   // more than Stayputnik
	@cost:NEEDS[MechJeb2]  = 1000   // more than MechJeb

@description = A "stick it where you like it" command unit, prone to homicidal episodes, good to attach on secondary payloads or whatever you want to control.
	@description:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer] ^= :$:<br><br>Built-in Kerbal Engineering System aka KER tries to put it together.:
	@description:NEEDS[MechJeb2] ^= :$:<br>Built-in mechanical copy of Jeb's neural circuits aka MechJeb hates its personality.:

@MODULE[ModuleCommand]
	{
		@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
		{
			@rate = 0.02777778    // Stayputnik consumption
		}
	}

MODULE:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer]
	{
		name = FlightEngineerModule
	}

MODULE:NEEDS[MechJeb2] 
	{
		name = MechJebAR202
	}

{
		name = MechJebCore
		MechJebLocalSettings {
			MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = basicScience }    // changed for KAL9000
			MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = basicScience }              // changed for KAL9000
			MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl } 
			MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
			MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
			MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
			MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
			MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
			MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
			MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }
			MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
			MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
			MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
			MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
			MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
			MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
		}
	}
}

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202_features*]:NEEDS[MechJeb2]
{
	+description ^= :$:<br><br>KAL9000 successfully intercepted these features, and upgraded its firmware.:    
}

Is it possible to make KAL9000's SAS-levels updates through tech-progression alongside stock probes, using just MM ?

UPD.
using MM-guys help, I made description cleaner. 
TechRequiredentryCostcost = 600,  and rate replaces part's values completely, so you can move it to part.cfg

Edited by flart

5 hours ago, flart said:

KER and MJ modules for KAL9000 and therefore changing some stats.

Hide contents

@PART[KAL9000]
{
	@TechRequired = basicScience   // node, where the first probe appears (Stayputnik).
                                       // MechJeb-part appears at the same tech-column

@entryCost = 10000
	@cost:NEEDS[!MechJeb2]  = 600   // more than Stayputnik
	@cost:NEEDS[MechJeb2]  = 1000   // more than MechJeb

@description:NEEDS[!KerbalEngineer&!MechJeb2] = A "stick it where you like it" command unit, prone to homicidal episodes, good to attach on secondary payloads or whatever you want to control. No reaction wheel, sensitive to bad remarks about it's single red eye!

@description:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer&!MechJeb2]  = A "stick it where you like it" command unit, prone to homicidal episodes, good to attach on secondary payloads or whatever you want to control. No reaction wheel, sensitive to bad remarks about it's single red eye!<br><br>Built-in Kerbal Engineering System aka KER tries to put it together.

@description:NEEDS[!KerbalEngineer&MechJeb2]  = A "stick it where you like it" command unit, prone to homicidal episodes, good to attach on secondary payloads or whatever you want to control. No reaction wheel, sensitive to bad remarks about it's single red eye!<br><br>Built-in mechanical copy of Jeb's neural circuits aka MechJeb hates its personality.

@description:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer&MechJeb2]   = A "stick it where you like it" command unit, prone to homicidal episodes, good to attach on secondary payloads or whatever you want to control. No reaction wheel, sensitive to bad remarks about it's single red eye!<br><br>Built-in mechanical copy of Jeb's neural circuits aka MechJeb hates its personality.<br>Built-in Kerbal Engineering System aka KER tries to put it together.

@MODULE[ModuleCommand]
	{
		@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
		{
			@rate = 0.02777778    // Stayputnik consumption
		}
	}

MODULE:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer]
	{
		name = FlightEngineerModule
	}

{
		name = MechJebAR202
	}

{
		name = MechJebCore
		MechJebLocalSettings {
			MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = basicScience }    // changed for KAL9000
			MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = basicScience }              // changed for KAL9000
			MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl } 
			MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
			MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
			MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
			MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
			MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
			MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
			MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }
			MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
			MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
			MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
			MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
			MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
			MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
		}
	}
}

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202_features*]:NEEDS[MechJeb2]
{
	+description ^= :$:<br><br>KAL9000 successfully intercepted these features, and upgraded its firmware.:    
}

Is it possible to make KAL9000 gets SAS-levels through tech-progression alongside stock probes, using just MM ?

I've added this to the PatchManager directory, it will be available in the next release.

I'm not sure about the SAS levels, I'll look into it

Please move the Farscape stuff WAAAAAY further out on the tech tree in CTT, tier 8+, if not farther for that overpowered drive. In career mode, they are sitting there in Basic Rocketry taunting me!

All joking aside, its not actually that big of a deal because I'm using Janitor's Closet to hide them, but they need to be a lot farther out in the tree to fit them appropriately if they are to be available in anything other than a sandbox game.

Perhaps put the command module in specializedCommandModultes, wings experimentalAerodynamics, misc other parts in the same tier, perhaps stash them in nanolathing. As for the Haitch drive - well, they are OP, so your guess is as good as mine.  Tier 11?  LOL

On 12/22/2017 at 10:36 PM, shdwlrd said:

Any possibility that BahaD's critter crawler could be added to this collection?

Probably not, but send me a link and I’ll take a look.

15 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Please move the Farscape stuff WAAAAAY further out on the tech tree in CTT, tier 8+, if not farther for that overpowered drive. In career mode, they are sitting there in Basic Rocketry taunting me!

All joking aside, its not actually that big of a deal because I'm using Janitor's Closet to hide them, but they need to be a lot farther out in the tree to fit them appropriately if they are to be available in anything other than a sandbox game.

Perhaps put the command module in specializedCommandModultes, wings experimentalAerodynamics, misc other parts in the same tier, perhaps stash them in nanolathing. As for the Haitch drive - well, they are OP, so your guess is as good as mine.  Tier 11?  LOL

Do you thing you can write a patch?

For permanent changes, require CTT than Might take me a bit to submit these as a PR, since I don't have git or GitHub set up on my computer anymore...  Plus I don't have the actual tech node names handy, just going off the graphic CTT for the moment

All files are in this tree: Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SpaceTuxIndustries\RecycledParts\Mike_NZ_Crafts\Farscape

Spoiler

Farscape.cfg
Line 41 TechRequired = basicRocketry commandModules   // for non this should be specializedCommandModules node

DriveEngine.cfg
Line 25 TechRequired = basicRocketry  ionPropulsion  // for CTT this should be advancedIonPropulsion node

Engine.cfg
Line 26 TechRequired = basicRocketry highPerformanceFuelSystems // for CTT this should be experimentalRocketry

GearLH.cfg
Line 29 TechRequired = basicRocketry nanolathing  // stock tech tree and CTT are the same

GearRH.cfg
Line 29 TechRequired = basicRocketry nanolathing // stock tech tree and CTT are the same

GearNose.cfg
Line 29 TechRequired = basicRocketry nanolathing // stock tech tree and CTT are the same

WingLH.cfg
Line 18 TechRequired = basicRocketry experimentalAerodynamics // stock tech tree and CTT are the same

WingRH.cfg
Line 18 TechRequired = basicRocketry experimentalAerodynamics // stock tech tree and CTT are the same

Maybe an MM script is what you are wanting?  If so then this should work, maybe this lives in your patch manager addon?  I guessed that the addon name is RecycledParts, if not please feel free to correct.  Also a total guess at the actual CTT node names, I just went off the graphics (not at my usual computer, so doing this in notepad, bleah)

// modify tech node for parts - basic rocketry is far too early
// Note new MM can only have one from FOR AFTER FINAL, etc. so..
// with CTT, this needs to be after CTT and after Farscape so both the node and the part are there, thus using "FINAL"
// or else no CTT and simply run after Farscape so the part is there, thus using "AFTER"

//
// Main ship body and cockpit
//

@PART[MNZFarscape]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // Stock Tech Tree version
{
	%TechRequired = commandModules
}

@PART[MNZFarscape]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]:FINAL  // CTT version
{
	%TechRequired = specializedCommandModules
}

//
// Propulsion
//

// Farscape Drive
@PART[MNZFARDrive]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // Stock Tech Tree version
{
	%TechRequired = ionPropulsion
}

@PART[MNZFARDrive]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]:FINAL  // CTT version
{
	%TechRequired = advancedIonPropulsion
}

// Farscape conventional engine

@PART[MNZFARENG]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // Stock Tech Tree version
{
	%TechRequired = highPerformanceFuelSystems
}

@PART[MNZFARENG]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]:FINAL  // CTT version
{
	%TechRequired = experimentalRocketry
}

//
// Wings
//

// Right
@PART[MNZFarscapeWingRH]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // Stock node is for both with and w/o CTT
{
	%TechRequired = experimentalAerodynamics
}

// Left
@PART[MNZFarscapeWingLH]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // Stock node is for both with and w/o CTT
{
}

//
// Wheels
//

// nose
@PART[MNZFarscapeGearNose]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // Stock node is for both with and w/o CTT
{
	%TechRequired = nanolathing
}

// right
@PART[MNZFarscapeGearRH]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // Stock node is for bothwith and w/o CTT
{
}

// left
@PART[MNZFarscapeGearLH]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // Stock node is for both with and w/o CTT
{
}

Edited by Murdabenne
got rid of extra lines at the bottom

9 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

For permanent changes, require CTT than Might take me a bit to submit these as a PR, since I don't have git or GitHub set up on my computer anymore...  Plus I don't have the actual tech node names handy, just going off the graphic CTT for the moment

All files are in this tree: Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SpaceTuxIndustries\RecycledParts\Mike_NZ_Crafts\Farscape

Reveal hidden contents

Farscape.cfg
Line 41 TechRequired = basicRocketry commandModules   // for non this should be specializedCommandModules node

DriveEngine.cfg
Line 25 TechRequired = basicRocketry  ionPropulsion  // for CTT this should be advancedIonPropulsion node

Engine.cfg
Line 26 TechRequired = basicRocketry highPerformanceFuelSystems // for CTT this should be experimentalRocketry

GearLH.cfg
Line 29 TechRequired = basicRocketry nanolathing  // stock tech tree and CTT are the same

GearRH.cfg

GearNose.cfg

WingLH.cfg

WingRH.cfg

Maybe an MM script is what you are wanting?  If so then this should work, maybe this lives in your patch manager addon?  I guessed that the addon name is RecycledParts, if not please feel free to correct.  Also a total guess at the actual CTT node names, I just went off the graphics (not at my usual computer, so doing this in notepad, bleah)

// modify tech node for parts - basic rocketry is far too early
// needs to be after CTT so the node is there and after Farscape so the part is there
// or else no CTT and simply run after Farscape so the part is there.

//
// Main ship body and cockpit
//

@PART[MNZFarscape]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // Stock Tech Tree version
{
	%TechRequired = commandModules
}

@PART[MNZFarscape]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]:FINAL  // CTT version
{
	%TechRequired = specializedCommandModules
}

//
// Propulsion
//

// Farscape Drive
@PART[MNZFARDrive]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // Stock Tech Tree version
{
	%TechRequired = ionPropulsion
}

@PART[MNZFARDrive]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]:FINAL  // CTT version
{
	%TechRequired = advancedIonPropulsion
}

// Farscape conventional engine

@PART[MNZFARENG]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // Stock Tech Tree version
{
	%TechRequired = highPerformanceFuelSystems
}

@PART[MNZFARENG]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]:FINAL  // CTT version
{
	%TechRequired = experimentalRocketry
}

//
// Wings
//

// Right
@PART[MNZFarscapeWingRH]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // both CTT and Stock
{
}

// Left
@PART[MNZFarscapeWingLH]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // both CTT and Stock
{
}

//
// Wheels
//

// nose
@PART[MNZFarscapeGearNose]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // both CTT and Stock
{
}

// right
@PART[MNZFarscapeGearRH]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // both CTT and Stock
{
}

// left
@PART[MNZFarscapeGearLH]:NEEDS[RecycledParts]:AFTER[RecycledParts]  // both CTT and Stock
{
}

No need for a PR, this is good enough.

I'll have to validate it, based on  your comments, but thanks for the work.  No need for the "NEEDS[RecycledParts]", though, since it will be included with the mod.  And no need for the FINAL either.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

No need for you to work on Christmas Eve, I'm not a Mr Scrooge type. If you want to wait until I get home this evening (out visiting most of the day), I can edit it and test it in between kitchen duties this evening (helping my wife prep for Christmas breakfast and dinner).  Then I'll submit it as a proper PR - gives me a good excuse to get GitHub etc back on my main computer. FYI I wrote the MM to be valid as a stand alone, that's why I dirtied it up with all the qualifiers.  changing the actual part configs to set them in the right place on the stock tree is probably the best route - and it makes most of the CTT MM disappear as well as simplifying greatly the parts that remain.

Edited by Murdabenne
Ninja'd in some clarifications

1 minute ago, Murdabenne said:

No need for you to work on Christmas Eve, I'm not a Mr Scrooge type. If you want to wait until I get home this evening (out visiting most of the day), I can edit it and test it while I'm helping my wife prep for Christmas breakfast and dinner, then submit it as a proper PR.  I wrote the MM to be valid as a stand alone, that's why I dirtied it up with all the qualifiers.

Oh, ok.  

Anyway, if you can do a PR, fine, but I may get it done sooner.  Just check github before you start working, I don't want you doing needless work.  Not sure if I have time right now, but I may later today

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Probably not, but send me a link and I’ll take a look.

My search failed to find anything about the critter crawler when I made the request. I search today and I find stuff, go figure. :rolleyes: It looks like it's known to be broken and synthesis checked into the custom dll for it. It was found it needs to be redone.

If you still want to take a look at it. Here is the most current link for the critter crawler I was able to find. https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/bdynamics/files

Thanks.

18 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

My search failed to find anything about the critter crawler when I made the request. I search today and I find stuff, go figure. :rolleyes: It looks like it's known to be broken and synthesis checked into the custom dll for it. It was found it needs to be redone.

If you still want to take a look at it. Here is the most current link for the critter crawler I was able to find. https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/bdynamics/files

Thanks.

Unfortunately, it uses the old ModuleWheel code, which was replaced.  Would need a lot of work to redo.

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Unfortunately, it uses the old ModuleWheel code, which was replaced.  Would need a lot of work to redo.

Thanks for looking into it. With your catalog of 70+ mods you manage, I can understand if this one doesn't fall under your banner.

5 hours ago, TachyonGMZ said:

The engine tweaks, enginetweaksfx and monoprop options in the hcv taurus partches are not working when I remove the disable at the end. Have you changed how it's supposed to be done?

Yes, you need to install PatchManager, and activate them through that mod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.