Multiplayer in KSP 1.8

If you only display the other person form your machine can't you just run them from your physics perspective. Why do we need to change the base game to get multiplayer?

If each person runs the world where it revolves around them. Then just display the other person as an assets from their games perspective like all other object. Add physics when need to simulate the same results. Why is multi-player not achievable? Is it too hard to do that? The game already does this with any game you are not controlling. What is the difference? Live updating?!

Edited by Arugela

But the problem with world rotating around multiple things on each machine is not really an issue potentially. That was one of the main drawbacks people couldn't figure out from what I've read. The problem is mute. Multiplayer can be done logically like I said. So, it's doable. It's more a matter of lag at that point like all multiplayer. And the physics doesn't even need to be live. Your computer could run the phsyics like other objects. It' should be more a matter of how much data is sent vs how much has to be processed live. Which is doable no matter what. Only the N-body phsyics is a potential problem with exponential physics from parts count is in the way of multiplayer then. Remove that and put nbody physics and on rails planets and you can do multiplayer even if you can't now. Which you could if you don't care about lag when getting close to other players.

Then it's probably a matter of game content for multiple people being added.  Which regardless shouldn't be that bad as you could stay away from each other during the game. Or use smaller ships if needed. Or not if you want to mess with somebody! ><

13 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Nothing in computers is a "just"

Multiplayer is difficult in all games. All of them. Period.

Those are your words not mine. You edited my statement to, "just," and insinuated. Base logic stands!

Technically lag is less important in this game as you have less points where it matters. You don't have to spend time near other players. If fact it's much less likely unless you really want to. Which I'm sure would be common. But I would imagine that is not as huge of an issue unless you have very large ships. And you can always have settings to stop physics of other players on your machine to void it in many ways. You could simplify their physics burst probably also. You don't need perfect timing in most cases. Just close proximities. Although more accurate would open more doors for things. But you can have settings to allow people to set for different circumstances. Most, if not all, of the stuff to do this is in game.

Edited by Arugela

what if we had two Xbox ones and want to play together or if there is a DLC that is like a world war one or two that weaponizes ksp kind of like a mod but I can't get mods on Xbox so that and think of the cool stuff Jeb could do with all of his foolery and pranks so lets see what people say about this 

Potato soup sounds good to me I like that

On 4/14/2019 at 10:46 PM, Gargamel said:

Overlapping thread have been merged. 

This.

And FWIW, if you see a thread that needs merged like this, just report it.   Makes the resulting thread easier to read.  :D

• 3 months later...

OK,

There will be no multiplayer in ksp, we have to deal with it.

For it will be in KS2:

So, Finally i can close this thread

EDIT

i think i cant close this thread, moderator please do this.

Edited by popos1