[KSP 1.6.1] "Streamline" Engines, Fueltanks and RCS

NESD

Science SSTO to-the-Minmus-and-Back  MSS-2A with "Streamline" parts:

6gXUjVn.png

Made for career, tech level=science160, just 1 Panther and full science equipment.

Launch mass = 20.96 t, dV=1763 m/s (LKO)

Other screens:

Spoiler

oSJP6mQ.png

aWHEiOr.png

PiVo3XT.png

viuOc7s.png

405 m/s remains on Minmus surface.

Edited by Aerospacer

• 2 weeks later...

@Tyko  sorry for delay, I be far from my home computer

Engines specs:

Solo       - 60kN        850kg    +  90-110 fuel      Gimbal 7 deg    (Advanced rocketry)

Duet       - 120kN      800kg    +  45-55 fuel        (General rocketry)

Trio        -  180kN     1050kg  + 22.5-27.5 fuel     (Advanced rocketry)

Quartet  -  240kN    1300kg     (Heavy rocketry)

Sextet    -  360kN    1800kg     (Heavier rocketry)

ISP of all this engines 270-320      ( Reliant   -  240kN   1250kg    ISP 265-310  )

Sphere   - 30kN        200kg     ISP  260-305      (Advanced rocketry)    Gimbal  40 degrees

S-12  -  12kN   ISP 250-315

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RCS tailcone  ISP 245-275   8kN per nozzle

Ring and linear   ISP 240-280  4kN

All RCS also required electricity in addition to LF+Ox propellant

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All parts slightly heavier and cost bigger than stock ones,

but have much better aerodynamics and slightly better ISP and crush tolerance.

Also all of them required  higher science level to open

@Aerospacer   Another nice SSTO :) But what launch profile you a using?

I try copy it, but only can reach orbit with my common launch style

( to 250 - 300m/s on sea level then straight climb with plasma at 8000 -10000 m)

@NESD, Optimal profiles for SSTO need a some personal experience. Shortly: accelerate in dry (to RW edge), wet mode, accel to 300+ m/s with min vert velocity (lower 1000-1500 m), some decreace attack angle after 330-340 m/s, ~500 m/s on 5000 m, ~750 m/s on 10km, after 11-12 km firing of teriers, after 14 km firing of sparks. Switch to orbital velocity (36+ km) with ~1600 m/s surface speed, decreace pitch angle to 10-12 degr, and slowly to 0 after 2100 m/s.

Luck in flight. :)

P.S. BTW, mass of DTE Streamline 1-60-S "Solo" LFE part need to decreace to ~0.55 (0.6) t, Sextet Imho better to move to "Heavy rocketry". Rest of engines have a good match with stock level.

And, I still wait of this...

On 11.10.2017 at 11:46 PM, NESD said:

NKgYQbG.jpg

Again - Thanks for your excellent mod. :)

Edited by Aerospacer

@Aerospacer  Weight of engines is a 300kg of tailcone + 250 per each nozzle (and you calculate it correct), but it have gimbal with additional 300kg weight

(difference between stock Swivel and Reliant 250kg but Swivel have only 3deg gimbal and lesser thrust)

On 24.10.2017 at 12:11 AM, Aerospacer said:

And, I still wait of this...

I'm waiting too . . .  :D       but I still not update my Open Cockpit for 1.3.1 and work with some new parts

cXReWKH.jpg

• 1 month later...

@GenjoKoan  Always welcome

And yes, I'm still here and not sleeping (sometimes :D)

work continued, and I have many parts almost ready to release . . . to many . . .

maybe I split this mod into two parts:  engines, RCS and fuel to Propulsion (as exist)

and other things to Construction ( or Structures, or something else, don't chose final name)

So, what I have at this day . . .

Adapters

This is a final set, upper row (symmetrical) will be available immediately,

other parts (non symmetrical) also included in download, but you can unpack

it manually, and only parts that you actually needed

hD7JCEY.jpg

for most  stupid  kerbal style constructions

0DfDZJx.jpg

Set of self charging batteries with deployable solar panels

And streamlined crew tubes with decoupler, docking port, end cap and

smooth fairings to main diameters.

dt39sNE.png

You even can fly on it

lQ6gfNK.png

Clean an sleek, no more "dock on cargo bay" cheats

6UbQI45.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@funkcanna  All parts compatible with KSP 142 and MH DLC, you can download and install it manually if they not shown in CKAN

development of this mod not stopped and I have some new parts

CnRGMjV.jpg

New 2.5m engines with 250-1500kn thrust and 2 types of central mount, flat and internal tube

2 central boosters (LF and MP) that can be used as a standalone 1.25 engines with or without covers

all engines suitable for landing legs attach. And new set of fuel tanks of course

So . . .  now I'm stuck, because it's a lot of parts (even for me) and I don't know how it can be better:

1 - Make it as a simle parts, compatible with 1.3.X and hide some parts so you can add it manually

( better compatibility with all game versions and future updates)

2 - Use limited 1.4.2 features and group some parts with similar paremeters ( 3 attach nodes adapters in one part, as example )

( no 1.3.X support and only slightly reduced part list, but full future game update support )

3 - Rework this mod for B9 switcher. Smallest part list, tanks fuel change and other features, but all 3rd party software problems with updates and compatibility

Please answer I need your opinion

My two cents and use the 1.4.2 features to group similiar models. B9 part switcher allows increase in mass, which stock switcher lacks but I do like the idea of maintaining onwards compatibility if B9 takes a long time to update in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking forward to the revised updated and modernised version! Don't worry about trying to optimise as many parts as possible into a single element, I think what you're showing there is the most sensible way of doing it - combining all the parts with the same number of nodes makes more sense and is easier to understand and find than if you had (for example) all parts sharing a common base, which could include anything from 1 to 7 attachment nodes in multiple various configurations. I know I'd just get frustrated at having to scroll through lots of irrelevant variations to reach the specific one I'm after.

• 4 weeks later...

Working, working working and almost ready. Now complete (possibly) list of new parts look like this

8APkOoM.jpg

Big engines have 4 variants (cap or tube with or without clamps), small - 2 ,  adapters have 3-4 , tube attach fairing - 4, tanks also 4;

Clean, with clamps, label on top in vertical position (for rockets) and two labels on side horizontally (for aircrafts or airfield refuelers)

qUaXtDL.jpg

textures on end caps and labels still not finished 

All engines set, with central boosters can give thrust from 250 to 1750 kn with isp 260-330 (between Swivel and Skiff)

Fuel tanks have capacity from 800 to 6400 LF and 978 - 7822 OX, still don't know about monopropellant tanks, add only

one short, or full range 800-6400, because @Nertea have good tanks in NF pack

One of self charging batteries with vertical solar panel also available as drone core

with all abilities of RC 001S, but electric charge reduced to 500

Now Proton style rockets looks little more realistic

ow0kiSJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.