[KSP 1.6.1] "Streamline" Engines, Fueltanks and RCS

NESD

48 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

It all looks amazing - one thing I'm very interested is what looks like a wing piece with windows on it?

That'll be the streamlined crew tubes. Yes, I'm looking forward to playing with those as well... Should be able to make some very interesting in-atmosphere explorers with them.

Edited by JH4C
titivillus strikes again

44 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

It all looks amazing - one thing I'm very interested is what looks like a wing piece with windows on it?

Check out this post to see one -- it's a radially attached thingy. It just happens to look like a wing cross-section. or maybe it *is* a wing cross-section, that (hopefully) also provides some body lift? (click the "replied to a topic" link)

Edited by Beetlecat

@theonegalen  It's aerodynamical crew tube with lifting surface , also have decoupler, 1.25 compatible docking port,

end cap and smooth attach fairings for 1.25 1.87 2.5 and 3.75 stock body size

I don't have Connected living space installed and can't make configs now, but later I do it

• 1 month later...

While eagerly awaiting the 1.5.1 version sync with Kopernicus, and for NESD to finish the new bits, I threw this together to use the in-game texture switcher to swap between the plain, color stripe, and symbol textures on the Streamline fuel tanks:

@PART[nesdmk1lf050,nesdmk1lf50,nesdmk1lf100,nesdmk1lf200,nesdmk1lf400,nesdmk1lf800,nesdmk1mp125,nesdmk1oxi050,nesdmk1oxi50,nesdmk1oxi100,nesdmk1oxi200,nesdmk1oxi400,nesdmk1oxi800]:NEEDS[StreamlineEnginesTanks]
	{
		MODULE
	{
		name = ModulePartVariants
		primaryColor = #ffffff
		secondaryColor = #ffffff
		baseDisplayName = Plain
		baseThemeName = Plain
		VARIANT
		{
			name = ColorStripe
			displayName = Color Stripe
			themeName = ColorStripe
			primaryColor = #3f69ae
			secondaryColor = #a94d4f
			TEXTURE
			{
				mainTextureURL = StreamlineEnginesTanks/Parts/Ox-LF_Tanks/LF-Ox-Color
			}
		}
		VARIANT
		{
			name = Symbols
			displayName = Symbols
			themeName = Symbols
			primaryColor = #cccccc
			secondaryColor = #cccccc
			TEXTURE
			{
				mainTextureURL = StreamlineEnginesTanks/Parts/Ox-LF_Tanks/LF-Ox-Signs

}
		}
	}
}

Note: This is a pretty rudimentary patch file, and I may be omitting some MM best practices. :) Also,  you need to extract the other DDS files from the "Extras" folder, and rename them "*-Color.dds" and "*-Signs.dds" so all three textures are together in the same folder.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jesusthebird said:

@Beetlecat could you post a screenshot of that texture swap config please? Id like to see what it looks like. Cheers!

I had to dig a little for it on the OP, but it's in this imgur album in the "1.1 Alternative Textures" section:

https://imgur.com/a/iAwwf

Each of those textures can now be a switchable alternate for each tank so you can have "plain" "stripe" or "icon" using the MM patch.

Otherwise, I can make a quick craft and post a picture later on.

Edited by Beetlecat

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

I had to dig a little for it on the OP, but it's in this imgur album in the "1.1 Alternative Textures" section:

https://imgur.com/a/iAwwf

Each of those textures can now be a switchable alternate for each tank so you can have "plain" "stripe" or "icon" using the MM patch.

Otherwise, I can make a quick craft and post a picture later on.

I should have read a bit more throughly..i had an impression of a different texture application...my bad. Thank you tho. Ill end up using the cfg anyways lol.

• 3 months later...

UPDATED v1.2

8APkOoM.jpg

---------------------  NEW PARTS LIST  ----------------------

Engines

2.5 meter LFO engines set with thrust 250 - 1500kn ( from Poodle to Mainsail with ISP 260-330 ),  with cap or tube in center.

LF and MP additional boosters to fit internal tube of main engines, have switchable side panels.

Main engine with booster have 1750 kn thrust.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuel Tanks

2.5 meter fuel tanks, separated to Liquid fuel, Oxidizer and Monopropellant

have switchable decorative attach clamps and chemical labels on sides.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crew Tubes

Aerodynamical crew tubes with lifting surfaces with

Decoupler, Docking port and Cap for various multi hull vessels.

Also have smooth fairing with 1.25, 1.87, 2.5 and 3.75 diameter switcher.

Batteries

Set of Mk1 battery modules, common and with built-in deployable solar panels,

one of them also available as all-in-one drone core.

Adapters

Mk1 Adapters with central attach node to 0.625 diameter

and 1 - 6 side nodes with various position switcher.

3 Inline intakes

Nose cone almost equal stock one but have attach point in front.

Short inline module have bad performance at high speed but if placed flipped

can keep engines running in reversed flight.

P.S.  Sorry for delay, I announce this update in September but release it only now.

I'm not a kid and real life sometimes have different plans, but now I have more free time and huge pile

of parts that modeled but not packed to mods, so new updates and new mods will be soon ( I hope )

• 3 weeks later...

First off, love this mod been using it for a while. I just revisited it and absolutely love the inline solar and batteries. I'm having an issue where anything with a battery has the correct max charge amount in the hangar but when launched it drops to a max of 0.1 and is dead. Has anyone encountered this?

• 5 months later...

Anyone have verification of this working on 1.7?

Oh well, testing it anyway, wish me luck!

BTW, do you have a GITHub site for me to donate stock scaler configs if I get around to making them?

Edited by Ruedii

3 minutes ago, Ruedii said:

Anyone have verification of this working on 1.7?

Oh well, testing it anyway, wish me luck!

BTW, do you have a GITHub site for me to donate stock scaler configs if I get around to making them?

I haven't been using all the parts, but they've been working for me.

Generally pure-parts mods will continue to work until or unless a major change is made in that type of part - which is very rare.  (Off the top of my head, there was an areo update which meant a fair number of things needed work, and there was a couple updates to landing legs/wheels which meant they needed work, but other than that even parts from ages ago should still work.  From 1.6 to 1.7, any parts mod and nearly all code mods continued to work.)

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 11:13 PM, Monniasza said:

Please add :

• 3.75m parts
  • LFO tanks
  • Jets
  • LFO fueled RCS
  • Textures Unlimited recolouring
  • GitHub repository
  • Adapters
  • Crew capsules
  • Vacuum engines
  • Colored coded 2.5m fuel tanks
  • Wings
  • Cockpits
  • 2.5m intakes and 0.625m inline intakes

Crew Capsules? I thought all of them were already aerodynamic enough?

Or do you mean winged capsules? or reverse facing capsules?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.