Gaelean Space Agency: Mission Patches, Screenshots and other Artwork!

ThreePounds

tXaDXjY.png

Gaelean Space Agency

In this thread you'll find screenshots and hand-crafted illustrations I have made for my career play through in Galileo's Planet Pack. I originally intended for this to go up in the mission reports section with a background story but since my writing skills aren't up to par with some of the amazing content that goes up there, I thought I didn't bore you guys and focus on what I can do best instead.

taBHTwe.pngICDBZDY.pngw0vxOtX.pngc2fI11T.png

nNhGLSl.pngSWwun0j.pngFTYMlwK.pngToRp6gZ.png

FsM5HYQ.png

link to source files

Ongoing Missions and Programs

Ambassador

Spoiler

AYzM8N7.jpg

Ejhv9Pa.jpg

ENK5BvO.jpg

Count Bill

Spoiler

6xR6TUa.jpg

TfEiK1j.jpg

Gc1k7aS.jpg

Creative Commons License

All artwork posted by me in this thread is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

Edited by Three_Pounds

28 minutes ago, Pand5461 said:

I see signs of UbM here.

Oh yes! It's the first time I'm playing with the mod and I love it. Having access to parts you should reasonably have access to from the beginning of the game feels natural. I never knew it integrated so well into CTT so I never gave it a shot before.

On 29/08/2017 at 11:45 AM, Pand5461 said:

Hell yeah! And aren't spin-stabilized sounding rockets cute? (Do you have Persistent Rotation btw?)

Oh sorry! I forgot to answer.

I don't use PR because I had issues with it in the past when I was playing RP0. I don't find the idea of micromanaging attitude too engaging without also modelling reaction wheels realistically. I know there is a mod for that, too but overall it's too much hassle. 

Ambassador Mk3 has been launched into low Gael orbit to conduct an orbital radio altimeter survey giving us these first nice pictures of Gaels gorgeous surface. Centred in the projection is the great eastern Continent.

CuLsUYC.png

Spoiler

ZuXJyqN.jpg

op5TkGq.png

Edited by Three_Pounds

Just now, Cadet_BNSF said:

I like your manned programs name. One of my first career saves used the Leviticus class tourist ships.

Glad you like it. You'll be please to know that the probe launch vehicle above is called "Saint Andrew." It's the first of a family of 1.25m vehicles using a solid first stage and a LF/O upper stage. :)

Together with our partner Kerlington, Inc. we'll be launching the first geostationary satellite into orbit. We're currently negotiating a follow up mission and hopefully it'll soon be joined by two more identical communication satellites. Pictures of the launch will follow shortly. This particular patch is heavily inspired by SpaceX Official CRS-3 mission patch.

J5dJmL7.png

Since GSC is not on the equator, a plane change will have to be made in tandem with the geostationary insertion. Shown in this diagram is the inclined geostationary transfer orbit (cyan) and the final geostationary orbit (green).

MfTQ2D6.png

Pictures from the launch are in! Everything worked precisely as planned.

Spoiler

KcbH0fO.jpg

9uii0Y4.jpg

5WAjT6p.jpg

Edited by Three_Pounds

Next up on our schedule is an robotic fly-by of the closer of the two Gaelean moons Iota. The project is in the early design phase as we're still looking for partners for this new mission. The best pictures we currently have of Iota were taken from the ground and show a varied surface with features ranging from geometrically shaped lowlands to rugged highlands divided by straight and deep canyons. The surface is almost devoid of impact craters suggesting it's fairly young. Despite it's relatively small size and tidal lock to Gael, it's believed to be tectonically active. We'll hopefully be investigating this strange world with a robotic lander.

WvQrKvg.png

2tMnJS1.jpg

In a strange series of events the previously launched AugeaSAT1 suddenly moved in it's orbit! While our navigators insist it's still in the same gaestationary orbit, it had moved by about 90° from one day to the next. Needless to say, our partners at Kerlington weren't pleased to hear this and withdrew funding for our next launch. Since communication to the satellite is currently disrupted the Alpheus program is put behind schedule. Luckily, we're managed to get a contract with Kerbodyne and they are willing to fund the launch of AugeaSAT2 which will go up in the exact same spot it's twin was originally located. Hopefully, this will also restore communication to the currently lost satellite.

brs3OQF.png

Spoiler

7LIM629.jpg

Edited by Three_Pounds

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

I'd love to know what mods you use, also can I use the flags?

Oh, that's a rather long list. The most noteworthy are "Unmanned Before Manned", SETI Rebalance, all of Nerteas Mods and GPP.

Of course you can use the flags! As long as you pay attribution (you tell people I originally made them) and use them non commercially (you don't sell them). I even provide all the source files so you can alter them yourself. You find the link to them in the OP. They are made with Adobe Illustrator but I think even the free alternatives like Inkscape can import *.ai files.

EDIT: If you want simple text swaps I can do them for you. E.g. you want the name of your agency / program instead of mine.

Edited by Three_Pounds

On 9/7/2017 at 4:54 AM, Three_Pounds said:

In a strange series of events the previously launched AugeaSAT1 suddenly moved in it's orbit! While our navigators insist it's still in the same gaestationary orbit, it had moved by about 90° from one day to the next. Needless to say, our partners at Kerlington weren't pleased to hear this and withdrew funding for our next launch. Since communication to the satellite is currently disrupted the Alpheus program is put behind schedule. Luckily, we're managed to get a contract with Kerbodyne and they are willing to fund the launch of AugeaSAT2 which will go up in the exact same spot it's twin was originally located. Hopefully, this will also restore communication to the currently lost satellite.

brs3OQF.png

Hide contents

7LIM629.jpg

Due to the 1.5.1 update?

On 8/31/2017 at 11:46 AM, Three_Pounds said:

Oh sorry! I forgot to answer.

I don't use PR because I had issues with it in the past when I was playing RP0. I don't find the idea of micromanaging attitude too engaging without also modelling reaction wheels realistically. I know there is a mod for that, too but overall it's too much hassle. 

the ai files are the flags?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.