Black line and stutter flying near ground

Hey, I'm having two problems currently, and I'm hoping there's a way to fix it.

1. When flying near the ground or water (around 100m or less) the game will stutter every 2 seconds and play what sounds like the water splashing sound every time.

2. I'm seeing this black line whenever I'm on the ground. It'll follow the camera and move up and down when zooming in/out. The line is barely visible with anti aliasing turned off, but much more visible with AA turned up (i play with 2x).

sxIi7df.png

I usually play with a lot of mods, though the problems still exist after removing all of the mods from the folder, leaving only the squad folder left. I'm running on version 1.3, and this issue was not present in 1.2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgysg9a20jdxzug/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/albh4zsuxg62kjx/output_log.txt?dl=0

PC:

i5-6600k @ 4.5ghz

GTX 1080

16GB ddr4 ram

Windows 10 64bit (running 64bit ksp)

Edited by John007qwe

7 hours ago, bewing said:

The sound probably comes from your jet engines, whenever the floating origin gets reset.

Must be a new issue with 1.3 then? I didn't notice it in 1.2.

I made a quick video to show it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9y40vvfb9lqb7nb/2017-08-30_12-40-09.mp4?dl=0

6 hours ago, Jas0n said:

Sounds like the second topic they addressed in this dev article.

Looks like it's the change they did in 1.3 then.

15 minutes ago, John007qwe said:

Must be a new issue with 1.3 then? I didn't notice it in 1.2.

I made a quick video to show it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9y40vvfb9lqb7nb/2017-08-30_12-40-09.mp4?dl=0

I'm not hearing that exact sound on my system. When I go below 150m absolute altitude in a jet, the sound of the engine intermittently is getting put entirely into the left or right channel (depending on the direction that the jet is flying across the screen) -- because of the floating origin issue. (With Master and Spacecraft sound settings at 100%.)

And I am hearing exactly the same sound in 1.2.2 -- maybe just not quite as often.

8 minutes ago, bewing said:

I'm not hearing that exact sound on my system. When I go below 150m absolute altitude in a jet, the sound of the engine intermittently is getting put entirely into the left or right channel (depending on the direction that the jet is flying across the screen) -- because of the floating origin issue. (With Master and Spacecraft sound settings at 100%.)

And I am hearing exactly the same sound in 1.2.2 -- maybe just not quite as often.

So I tried reverting to 1.2.2 and 1.1.3 and it turns out the issue is still there, though in 1.1.3 the frequency is reduced to something like once every 5-10 seconds.

I would've tested 1.2.1 and 1.2.0 as well, but steam only has the latest version of 1.1 and 1.2 as an option. I'm almost certain that the issue has gotten worse in either 1.2.1 or 1.2.2 though.

• 3 weeks later...

100% same issue for me.. On both my computers, it made me stop playing KSP. The only thing I've been doing in KSP lately is trying to fix the goddamn issue.. It's annoying me quite a lot, I keep seeing a black line on the runway and when I fly near the ground I always stutter each 3-4 seconds and I hear some kind of splashing sound. Totally ruined my experience

Edit: I actually have same specs on one of my computers:

CPU: i5 6600k 3.6ghz

GPU: GTX 1080

16 gb DDR4 ram

Edited by Choice // SLOTH Airlines

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.