[1.22, 1.3] Cavran Planet Pack

UranianBlue

Hello guys.

I am working on a new mod that adds in a temperate gas-giant. The mod deletes Duna, but makes up for the loss of the planet with a gas-giant and four moons! I will release the mod soon. Currently, I have not added in Biomes or Science Defs, so the mod is complete if you cheat and play in sandbox mode. However, I need to finish painting up biome maps and making at least some custom science defs before I release the mod to the community. I appreciate your patience.

Here are some shots of the planets:

Bervin:

Alru:

Goval:

Unox:

Some shots of Cavran:

Oh yeah, it has been out for a while, just forgot to post it here.

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/ksp-cavran-planet-pack

Edited by UranianBlue

Lookin' good!  :)

Moving this thread to "Add-on Development", though, since this looks like a WIP and you don't have a download link or anything.  "Add-on Releases" is generally for actual released mods.  You can always post a release thread there when you're ready to release.

Your 45 hour wait is over! The mod is out on Curse, and it works with career, science, and sandbox mode. Currently, the mod does not have EVE support or custom science defs; those will come in a later update.

here is the link: https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/ksp-cavran-planet-pack

On 8/28/2017 at 7:31 PM, AlexTheNotSoGreat said:

I'm curious if there could be a toggleable config file that could make this into a GP2 instead of replacing Duna, that would be nice.

So far, this is actually looking real nice :)

I have made a mod that makes a GP2, and I can't count how many others the community has made that adds in GP2. I didn't want to remake Sarvin. This mod is compatible with Kerbol Origins.

23 hours ago, Cabbink said:

Looks interesting! Maybe instead of deleting poor duna, you give it a home either in this gas giants Lagrange points, or make it a moon! Good luck! :D

Poor Dunaa... The place gets all the glory from the space program while stealing spacecraft missions from planets like Uranus! Duna had it coming!

11 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

Poor Dunaa... The place gets all the glory from the space program while stealing spacecraft missions from planets like Uranus! Duna had it coming!

Maybe it could BE Caravan? Could Caravan have been Duna, but accumulated a large amount of gas, making it a gas giant? HMMMM... :huh:

Edited by Cabbink
Stupid autocorrect

Just now, Cabbink said:

Maybe it could BE Caravan? Could Caravan have been Duna, but accumulated a large amount of gas, making it a gas giant? HMMMM... :huh:

yeah, and Duna migrated 10 million km outwards as a gas-giant . . . Gas-Giants migrate inwards, not outwards. If Duna became like Jool and as big as Cavran, it would have disturbed the orbit of Kerbin and possibly destroyed the only home the kerbals have ever known.

13 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

yeah, and Duna migrated 10 million km outwards as a gas-giant . . . Gas-Giants migrate inwards, not outwards. If Duna became like Jool and as big as Cavran, it would have disturbed the orbit of Kerbin and possibly destroyed the only home the kerbals have ever known.

Oh... yeah...

Was duna ejected?

Just now, Cabbink said:

Oh... yeah...

Was duna ejected?

maybe......

If anybody is trying to download the mod from the link I provided, please be patient. Curse has been a pain today and is taking a while to approve the release. If you want the mod now, click on the files tab, and download the only file listed.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.