Inter's Bombing Challenge

Inter's Bombing Challenge

This challenge is now live!  There is no definitive end date and there is no scoring/ranking system, so feel free to give it a whack whenever you feel up to this type of challenge. 

The general idea of the challenge is to use the BDArmory mod weaponry to attack ground targets at designated locations in an assortment of nine scenarios.  Most targets are weapon systems that will shoot back at you, hence the challenge.

--Rules--

The rules are very extensive and far too verbose for me to put into this post.  Please follow these links to the videos I have made which cover all of the rules.  You will need to abide by all of them or else risk being disqualified. 
Furthermore, the files you will need in order to play this challenge are listed as links in these videos' Descriptions.

Rule set #1 "How to Play"
https://youtu.be/yUua-qlN4yE

Rule set #2 "Rules of Engagement"
https://youtu.be/iwgPj3oAzTE
Rule set #3 "Intelligence Brief"
<https://youtu.be/6IqNV0inBrQ

--Winners--

Since there will be no "first place" or "best contestant", what we are instead competing for is Bragging Rights!  The following is a list of some of the bragging rights I conceived off the top of my head.  I hope this thread's discussion will see additional bragging rights proposed and competed for! 
fastest aircraft
slowest aircraft
lightest aircraft
heaviest aircraft
longest fuel range
least amount of fuel spent
biggest payload space
most munitions carried
cheapest armament
all guns, baby!
strafing attacks only!
most received damage without dying
ghost assassin (no retaliation)
precision strikes
carpet bombing
longest kill
closest kill
fastest mission time
fewest munitions spent
most unlikely-to-succeed craft
torpedo Deep Sixer award
wingman mastermind
brutality / overkill
missile dodging
exemplary jamming & countermeasures
night mode (do the attempts at night)

--Conduct--

I hope I don't need to state the obvious but please be polite, be open-minded, be encouraging, be enthusiastic, and do not cheat.  Unpleasant people will not be welcome to have a voice in this thread.  Thank you.

Edited by Inter

8-28-17 *All kerbals and even Lion fell silent at the sound of a notification. Seconds later, a thunder of sudden motion across the KSC... Lion is hard at work.*
Interdiction detected. Codename "Ghost in the Darkness" deployed. Standby for total destruction...

9-5-17 *Mission Update*
Strike team destroyed. This is not PFC.
;.; RTB. Security upgrades in progress...

Edited by Dark Lion
Mission Report

Thanks for the effort you put into making these, Inter! I love doing scenarios of my own, but then I always know exactly where everything is and how to beat it, so a fresh set of challenges I know nothing about is so much fun to try.

I'm going to be editing and updating this post as I complete each scenario; will use spoilers tags on each mission to keep this neat and tidy.

Alpine Wind

Strike complete! Mission designated "Alpine Wind" completed by aircraft code-named "Banshee."

Destruction: Total and indiscriminate
Flight time: 15:50
Armament Expended: x2 AGM-88 HARMs, x3 Mk82 bombs, x38 Hydra rockets

Desert Heat

Strike complete! Mission designated "Desert Heat" completed by aircraft code-named "Barghest."

Destruction: Drydock unscathed, everything else pounded into oblivion
Flight time: 31:54
Armament Expended: x2 Mk83 JDAMs, x6 AIM-9 Sidewinders, x12 AGM-114 Hellfires, <100 rounds of 30mm ammo

Mountain Pass

Strike complete! Mission designated "Mountain Pass" completed by aircraft code-named "Barghest."

Destruction: I'm fairly certain nothing will grow in that mountain valley ever again.
Flight time: 14:55
Armament Expended: x1 CBU-87 Cluster Bomb, x34 AGM-114 Hellfires, x114 Hydra rockets

Naval Blockade

Strike complete! Mission designated "Naval Blockade" completed by aircraft code-named "Barghest."

Destruction: Turned 5 boats into pieces of boats and cluster-bombed some tents.
Flight time: 28:39
Armament Expended: x1 CBU-87 Cluster Bomb, x8 Stingray Torpedoes, x12 AGM-114 Hellfires, ~300 rounds of 30mm ammo

Path Sweeper

Strike complete! Mission designated "Path Sweeper" completed by aircraft code-named "Basilisk."

Destruction: Path swept clean. Very clean.
Flight time: 6:22 of footage, though less than 6 minutes of actual combat.
Armament Expended: x15 AGM-86C Cruise Missiles, x8 AGM-88 HARMs, x8 AGM-65 Mavericks

Rogue Runway

Strike complete! Mission designated "Rogue Runway" completed by aircraft code-named "Barghest."

Destruction: Rebellious rascals ruined, rogue runway reclaimed.
Flight time: 13:35
Armament Expended: x4 AIM-9 Sidewinders, x2 AGM-88 HARMs, x14 AGM-114 Hellfires

Southern Shores

Strike complete! Mission designated "Southern Shores" completed by aircraft code-named "Barghest."

Destruction: Half jigsaw puzzle, half Salvador Dali painting.
Flight time: 22:39
Armament Expended: x2 AIM-120 AMRAAMs, x3 AGM-88 HARMs, x13 AGM-114 Hellfires

Undeserted Island

Strike complete! Mission designated "Undeserted Island" completed by aircraft code-named "Banshee."

Destruction: There is now nothing but a very lonely and very pristine R&D facility on that island.
Flight time: 20:01
Armament Expended: x4 AIM-120 AMRAAMs, x4 AGM-88 HARMs, x12 AGM-114 Hellfires

Urban Menace

Strike complete! Mission designated "Urban Menace" completed by aircraft code-named "Barghest."

Destruction: Enemy forces pacified with zero damage to civilian property. Modern art installation gifted to Mr. and Mrs. Kerman of 9 Poplar Avenue to liven up their front yard.
Flight time: 17:56
Armament Expended: x8 AGM-114 Hellfires, <100 rounds of 30mm ammo

Edited by Samwise Potato
Accidentally uploaded wrong video for Urban Menace, is fixed now!

I do not know how to do replies in this medium.  It's one of the many things I dislike about this forum.  I'm attempting to reply to Samwise but I fear this may appear as nothing more than a new miscellaneous post.

Samwise, I like the format of your attempt post!  Looking forward to seeing the edited video(s).

Edit: ...Aaaaand, a reply I wrote on my own thread still needs to be approved by a moderator.  Does everyone have to suffer this when they come to this website?

Edited by Inter

4 minutes ago, Inter said:

I do not know how to do replies in this medium.

You just did. :wink:  It's a single thread for each topic, there's no branching "tree". If you want to respond publicly to one specific person, you can just use the quote function on all or part of their post. (Click the "quote" link by their post to quote the whole thing. Highlight a section and click the "quote" tooltip to quote just part.). They'll get a notification that you quoted them.

Also, you can "mention" a user by putting an @ sign in front of their name. That will send them a notification that you mentioned them.

10 minutes ago, Inter said:

...Aaaaand, a reply I wrote on my own thread still needs to be approved by a moderator.  Does everyone have to suffer this when they come to this website?

Yup. An unfortunately necessary countermeasure against spambots. It'll drop away automatically after you've made a few posts.

On 9/4/2017 at 11:52 AM, Inter said:

Samwise, I like the format of your attempt post!  Looking forward to seeing the edited video(s).

Well, all missions are done and the videos are up now. Not the best quality and some of them turn into a bit of a slideshow with the amount of debris lying around, but I think I got everything I was supposed to as well as most of the explosions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.