The OweeBooBoo Run *mods req'd*

Here it is:
The OweeBooBoo Run

The OweeBooBoo Run is a race!

The OweeBooBoo run is a custom contract that gets offered in a career game after you have acheived orbit around Kersex (a Kerbin-like moon orbiting the gas giant Kronkus).  You need the mods (Kopernicus, and Kronkus planet pack) for the planet, and (Contract Configurater, and FarOut contract pack) so that the custom contract will show up.

It entails you flying to a checkpoint high in the mountains on Kersex, a timer starts, and then you fly as quickly as possible to another checkpoint located at the end of a huge canyon by the beach and complete the OweeBooBoo run contract.  Fastest time Wins!

To enter: Fly the OweeBooBoo Run custom contract in less than 5 minutes, and post a screenshot (or video) showing the time on the completed contract.  Fastest time wins!

Winners get a spot on the leader-board! (and fortune and glory)

Hard Mode 1st:  (none yet)

1st: MrChumley time-- 1m25.440s
2nd: (none yet)
3rd: (none yet)

RULES
Required Mods:
Kopernicus ZIP (makes adding custom planets possible) Thanks @Thomas P.
Module Manager (bundled with Kopernicus) Thanks @sarbian
Contract Configurator ZIP (makes adding custom contracts possible) Thanks @nightingale
Kronkus Planet Pack ZIP (adds a ringed gas giant with 4 moons, and a moon for Dres) 
FarOut Contract Pack ZIP (adds several custom contracts, also adds Kerbal Konstructs bases when used in conjunction with Kerbal Konstructs))

Optional: 
Asclepius ZIP (Adds Asclepius the planet with sand, oxygen, and canyons, and it's lonely moon Kruel)
Kerbal Konstructs ZIP (add for bases on Kersex that you can launch stuff from) Thanks @Ger_space
Kerbin-Side continued ZIP (adds additional buildings for use with Kerbal Konstructs) Thanks @AlphaAsh @Ger_space 
Waypoint Manager ZIP (add this to make waypoints visible in flight mode) Thanks @nightingale

Other mods will be allowed.  Please indicate what mods that you are using that have a direct effect on your time. I reserve the right to disqualify you from the leader-board in the rare case you use a mod I deem too "cheaty".  Most part mods are ok... Even if they have insane thrust.  Just ask if you are unsure.
Hyper-edit, (and ALT-12 cheats) are allowed to position your craft for a run, and to orbit the planet initially, etc., but can not be used after the first checkpoint is reached.
The craft you begin the OweeBooBoo run in should be the same craft that you finish in.

Hard mode: Only 1 engine allowed.  Please include craft in screenshot. (extra fortune and glory)

Note: The Contract requires that you Orbit Kersex before the contract is offered.  FarOut will only offer 3 total contracts at a time, and The OweeBooBoo Run can only be completed once (remember to F5!).  Sometimes the OweeBooBoo contract refuses to show up even after repeatedly declining other FarOut contracts.  You just have to be patient and check back after warping a few days.
I had a lot of fun making and testing this particular contract.  I think you will enjoy it too.

Example entry screenshot:

KVFf3ut.jpg

I understand that few players are willing to set up an entire new set of mods just to do one challenge.  Part of what I am trying to do here is to generate some interest in mods that I am involved in, and to show off some creations that I have poured my heart and soul into for YEARS.  There is more than one custom contract included.  All my planets have custom science.  Images have been compressed into .dds format for memory savings.  You would not imagine the maths it took to get some of the orbital parameters (1:2:4:8 resonance of Kronkian moons, and a moon for Dres that is tidally locked to the sun).  If you install this set of mods, it will open up a whole new avenue of career progression in game. 

Spoiler

SPOILER / Protip: Your early level mun rocket can make it to Asclepius.  There is a contract to "rescue" a fully functional SSTO brimming with science equipment from Asclepius, and after doing the Kessler run in under 5 mins, you can refuel, takeoff and fly to Kronkus... and have the OweeBooBoo Run done, and be home in time for cornflakes.

Also-  If there is a modder out there proficient in getting Scatterer to work on a new planet, and would be kind enough to consider contributing, your efforts would be most welcome.

Tickets are free, there are a few mods to download, and you must provide your own ride.  Good Luck!

Edited by MrChumley

9 hours ago, qzgy said:

Ok, wait a sec.

WTH is the OweeBooBoo run? At the moment its just a name. Like what are you supposed to do and why are mods needed?

yv3C6gY.jpg

nHNCPqE.jpg

The OweeBooBoo run is a custom contract that gets offered in a career game after you have orbited Kersex (a Kerbin-like moon orbiting the gas giant Kronkus).  You need the mods (Kopernicus, Kronkus) for the planet, and (Contract Configurater, FarOut) so that the custom contract will show up.

It entails you flying to a checkpoint high in the mountains on Kersex, a timer starts, and then you fly as quickly as possible to another checkpoint located at the end of a huge canyon by the beach to stop the timer and complete the OweeBooBoo run contract.

Then, you take a screenshot of the completed contract with the times visible like the one I posted in the OP.

TLDR: It's a race.  You need the mods because it is a modded contract on a modded planet.

*edit* I'll add that to the OP.

uPjbb49.jpg

It can get pretty intense... I almost put a lvl 4 Jeb into g-loc swooping in for the finish line on my entry :confused: 

Edited by MrChumley

• 1 month later...

This is it.

Val is about to put the hurt on OweeBooBoo. Launching today from a clay brick on top of the mountain is the latest in Kerbal technology. Presenting the six panther propelled craft imaginatively dubbed Untitled.

n2LKHmN.jpg

Takeoff is a breeze and Val heads down to the starting point located far down in the crater of the mountain.

OD60HyY.jpg

As soon as Val passes the starting point, the countdown clock starts ticking, and she cranks all six Panther engines to full throttle, engages WET mode, and giggles with glee as the after-burner glow illuminates the canyon wall. Gaining velocity and moving to super-sonic speeds.

85ksqxA.jpg

Val squeezes back on the throttle as she nears a kink in the canyon about 3/4 of the way to the finish.

uZkmn2f.jpg

She pulls back hard and braces for the G's. But there is only so much a kerbal can take.

WV1faxJ.jpg

It takes her a second to gain back her wher-with-it-all, and luckly her craft has not yet met its demise.

zEsUqC9.jpg

Val springs back into action remembering her task at hand and once again slams her throttle all the way forward springing the 6 panther engines to life and jamming her back in her seat with 6 Gs of raw prograde motion! Using the vectoring of the engines she managed to point the nose at the finish line.

7wtIwMi.jpg

SHE CROSSED THE FINISH LINE WITH A TIME OF 1m25.440s. Then her craft disintigrated into bits while pulling out of the final dive. She lived. Somehow...

Edited by MrChumley

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Looking at this challenge, this is quite a crazy canyon run. I'm thinking it should take a little longer for others to respond, so be a little more patient.

72 days.  It had been 72 days since my last post.  Honestly.  Give it a shot.  You might like it.

It doesn't take long to setup if you do it right.

Hyper-edit, (and ALT-12 cheats) are allowed to position your craft for a run.

Z3ius6x.jpg 

But yea, I can wait.  There might be a bit of science laying around here somewhere.:/  Fortune and glory await!

1NuFG76.jpg

Edited by MrChumley
What are you waiting for?

This seems pretty darn specific, you are basically hoping someone else happens to use the exact same modset as you and has orbited said planet and been offered and accepted said contract. I doubt you're gonna be overwhelmed with responses.

Plenty of canyons and such on Kerbin, maybe find a suitable one there and make a canyon run challenge with a much lower barrier for entry?

Few players are willing to set up an entire new set of mods just to do one challenge. You'll have more entries the more "stock" you make it. Best of luck!

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

Several posts have been pruned from the thread for being off-topic and getting into a flame war that involved personal criticism.

Please play nice, folks.

This is a challenge thread, it's fairly well-defined what the challenge is.  Let's confine our discussion to the challenge itself, and skip the personal comments about other people.  Making personal comments never ends well.  There's a good chance you'll be off-target (due to misunderstanding the motivations or personal situation of the other person).  And whether you're off-target or not... it's still inappropriate, and will accomplish nothing other than goading the other person to make irate (and also inappropriate) responses.

And if someone else directs a comment at you that seems "over the line", insulting, etc. ... please, please, don't respond.  That accomplishes nothing other than stoking a flame war.  Instead, please just report the post.  That will bring the moderators' prompt attention, and we'll sort out anything that needs sorting out.  It's what we're for.

Things that are on-topic here:

• Posts about your participation in the challenge
  • Constructive feedback about the challenge itself

Things that are off-topic here:

• Discussion of your personal situation
  • Personal remarks about other people

Thank you for your understanding.

1 hour ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Few players are willing to set up an entire new set of mods just to do one challenge.

Part of what I am trying to do here is to generate some interest in mods that I am involved in, and to show off some creations that I have poured my heart and soul into for YEARS.  There is more than one custom contract included.  All my planets have custom science.  You would not imagine the maths it took to get some of the orbital parameters (1:2:4:8 resonance of Kronkian moons, and a moon for Dres that is tidally locked to the sun).  If you install this set of mods, it will open up a whole new avenue of career progression in game.

Spoiler

SPOILER / Protip: Your early level mun rocket can make it to Asclepius.  There is a contract to "rescue" a fully functional SSTO brimming with science equipment from Asclepius, and after doing the Kessler run in under 5 mins, you can refuel, takeoff and fly to Kronkus... and have the OweeBooBoo Run done, and be home in time for cornflakes.

It's right here, Super Awesomeness on a silver platter.  All I ask is that someone gives it a chance.

1 minute ago, MrChumley said:

Part of what I am trying to do here is to generate some interest in mods that I am involved in, and to show off some creations that I have poured my heart and soul into for YEARS.  There is more than one custom contract included.  All my planets have custom science.  You would not imagine the maths it took to get some of the orbital parameters (1:2:4:8 resonance of Kronkian moons, and a moon for Dres that is tidally locked to the sun).  If you install this set of mods, it will open up a whole new avenue of career progression in game.

Reveal hidden contents

It's right here, Super Awesomeness on a silver platter.  All I ask is that someone gives it a chance.

Oh, well; You should definitely include that in the OP, I think it would help generate much more interest if you actively implored players to give you feedback on the mods themselves as part of the challenge.

After all, as you are no doubt aware the co-operative spirit is quite a bit stronger around here than the competitive one typically.

Best of luck!

I work best with a creative spirit. :confused:

Please direct your feedback on the mod(s) to the appropriate mod page (links in OP). This is the OweeBooBoo Run.  This is a race. You are going to need more than luck.

Edited by MrChumley

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pulling the time machine over for a sec,

And a Happy New Year to everyone, from the OweeBooBoo run.  Apparently, a cheesy, inhospitable, lonely duck roost.  (that the duck could never have flown to itself)

Whatever goes goes... mod my mod...

Or...

http://ssl.gstatic.com/dictionary/static/sounds/20160317/sysop--_us_1.mp3

Can I get a bit of positive reinforcement for my existence? Trying to be super awesome here....Compete friendly like eh?  And learn stuff... MAYBE?!?!?!?!  Nothing but us Galliformes here. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.