Sign in to follow this  
Targa

Are the Mun's biomes bugged?

Question

Posted (edited)

This is the second time I'm noticing a discrepancy between what R&D Archives says I've done, and what I can get science points for on the Mun.

According to R&D Archives, I have science from two places: East Crater and  Farside Crater.

My ship is now in the "East Farside Crater" (which is unrelated to the above two, supposedly), and all science experiments are coming up with a value of zero. I have no mods installed. Anyone know what's going on?

Edit: So I landed in the East Crater, even though the R&D Archives said I'd already been there, and yet I was able to get science from it. Now when I look in the R&D Archives I have two separate entries for "East Crater". It appears as though the game is recording science experiments done in the East Farside Crater as "East Crater" in the R&D Archives. Does anyone have an entry for "East Farside Crater" in any of their saved games?

Edited by Targa

2 answers to this question

You may be on to something here. I just drove a rover through the East Farside Crater and collected a bunch of science. When I look at those reports in the archives they're filed under 'EastFarsideCrater' but the descriptors on the reports and the reports themselves all say 'East Crater.' I haven't done any science for East Crater yet, except for one high altitude gravity scan. I do also have a gravity scan for East Farside, but I don't know if I was awarded science correctly for the overlapped reports.

I suppose I could drop a lander on the crater tomorrow and see if the science goes through properly, but just the way the reports are labeled incorrectly shows there's a bug here. I'm wondering if it's similar to the issues that Minmus has with the various flats getting sorted funny in the archives.

Posted (edited)

Confirmed. Looks like both the East Farside and the East Crater both get mapped to East Crater for display.

Edited by bewing