Is KSP going to get a Ryzen optimization

I don't think Squad or TakeTwo is interested in developing specialized versions for certain architectures. They already have a lot on their hands, between DLCs and updates.

The people above are correct that KSP, while being "multithreaded" still heavily relies on Single Core performance.

What they others said. Kaby Lake Intel CPU outperforms the Ryzen CPU for single thread specific workload. Such as games running heavy physics. (wonder which one that would be :P)
Further to that, you also have to realize the game is developed on a game engine architecture. That game engine is not optimized to different CPU architectures.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure if people throw me a graph with numbers that my next argument is going to be debunked.

Although it's more based on experience rather then numbers I have closely compared myself.

But unless you have a considerably slower CPU from much earlier gens I find that KSP basically runs as good on any computer I've so far used. Although I did find I could build a scale larger on my own faster Ivy bridge cpu compared to some other computers I tried.

That said it's always better to tweak your pc optimally.

But basically AMD is worse then Intel for most things (games included)
I could also recommend Linux with a low system requirement user interface. This will save you some extra clock ticks that windows or some of your detailed GUI or other background processes might have used.

Edited by Helmetman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.