Opinion: What Should My Next Mod Suite Be For A New Playthrough?

Nittany Tiger

What Mods Should I Use For A Fresh 1.3 Career Run?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What Mods Should I Use For A Fresh 1.3 Career Run (Both Would Include Strategia Because Stock Strategies Are Weak)?

• Kerbalism with stock system (possibly extra planets), KSP Interstellar, Parts packs like BDB or KW Rocketry, Astronomer's Visual Pack, and more.
    • Gallileo's Planet Pack or another alternate solar system, failure mod (Dang It! or Kerbal Launch Failure), parts mods, USI or TAC life support, KSP Interstellar, and more.

4 minutes ago, Nittany Tiger said:

Yeah.  I read that Kerbalism support was temporarily removed from GPP.  I think the latest GPP has new planets, so dunno how an older version of Kerbalism will handle that.

A couple moons were added, but I don't think that will break Kerbalism.

By the way, I just found the config posted in the Kerbalism thread.  If you want to give it a try, you can probably just copy it from there and make your own .cfg rather than downloading an old version of GPP.  The only problem I see is that there are no GeigerCounter science experiment definitions for the added moons.

How hard is it to make science definitions for the new moons?  Possibly could make some up if they are just config files or buried within the Kerbalism config files.

I also wonder how hard it could be to make Kerbalism solar panels work for two stars?  If it's just an issue of solar panels, I could live with that.  Galileo seems to imply that Kerbalism for GPP is malfunctioning for more reasons that just solar panel issues.

1 hour ago, Nittany Tiger said:

How hard is it to make science definitions for the new moons?  Possibly could make some up if they are just config files or buried within the Kerbalism config files.

Not hard at all.  The science definitions for all the original bodies are in the config to which I linked, so just do the same thing for the two new moons.  Should just be a matter of copy and paste, and then change the names.  You can reuse some of the existing descriptions or make up your own.

1 hour ago, Nittany Tiger said:

Galileo seems to imply that Kerbalism for GPP is malfunctioning for more reasons that just solar panel issues.

There may be, I really don't know for sure.  Like I said earlier, I just tested the solar panels.  From what I could see, they worked OK at Ciro but produced no power at Grannus.

18 hours ago, Nittany Tiger said:

Yeah.  I read that Kerbalism support was temporarily removed from GPP.

Not temporarily removed, permanently removed.  We hope that GPP support returns as part of Kerbalism.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.