Is there a way to specify potatoroid texture and color?

Well pretty simple question, just wondering what i need to do in the persist file in order to get a specific colored glowy asteroid for cinematic purposes.  Ive seen enough of them already, and ive looked through persists, but i cannot figure out what parameters determine the color of the effect as well as toggles the effect.

lHrmJDc.png

The "glowy asteroid" im talking about is seen in bottom right.  Specifically i want to give the class-D (which i have atop the station) a red glow effect, and i want to remove the glow effect from the asteroid on bottom right via persist editing.  Anyone know how to do this?

If this is not possible, is tehre any way to force spawn a specific class of asteroid with teh effect, its not that much work to undock the station and dock to another potato, or just launch a new one.

Edited by panzer1b

On 8/29/2017 at 3:52 PM, bewing said:

All I can say is that the glimmeroids have special beneficial properties, so they probably didn't make it easy to make more of your own.

Squad is already fine with us moving planets around, giving ourselves infinite fuel, and "cheating" in dozens of other ways even just with persistence editing and the debug menu, to say nothing of mods. Spawning magic boulders for cinematic purposes doesn't seem like an unreasonable request deserving of a straight answer.

@panzer1b I think asteroids' properties (including their magic boulderness or otherwise) are generated randomly based on a seed, and can't be changed selectively. Your best bet might be to copy the seed of a "real" magic boulder of roughly the correct size and color and paste it in the "seed" line of the one you want to magic boulderify. I haven't actually tried this procedure so it might be a bust, but I'd be curious to hear if it works or not. Also, make sure to undock anything docked to the one you're changing first or strange things might happen.

PS. The above is incorrect, at least as far as magic boulder properties go. See @OHara's spoiler for the correct way to do it.

Edited by Hotaru

So let's put any information, that people might want to avoid knowing, into a spoiler-box

Spoiler

Each PotatoRoid part in a save-file has a ModuleAsteroid,
with currentState =2 for the 'magic' colored cracks, other values for plain asteroids,
and seed determining the shape and color, in apparently a  pseudo-random way, so can use trial-and-error until you get a shape and color you like.

MODULE
                {
                    name = ModuleAsteroid
                    isEnabled = True
                    seed = 86682894
                    AsteroidName = classE Y1D392 Collect
                    prefabBaseURL = Procedural/PA_E
                    currentState = 2
                    stagingEnabled = True
                    EVENTS
                    {
                    }
                    ACTIONS
                    {
                    }
                    UPGRADESAPPLIED
                    {
                    }
                }

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.