[1.12] Space Age 1.3.8 (2023-02-25)

garwel

That's not a good idea.  It causes problems with CKAN (the checksum of the file changes, the size can change), and if someone isn't watching this thread, they won't know about an update.

It would have been better to release a new dot release as 0.2.7.1

In fact, looking at the file, i see that you did not update the .version file, it still says 0.2.6

I'm pretty sure the .version file is up to date. But it looks like the DLL file isn't; it does really say 0.2.6. I don't know if it affects anything, but I'll make a hotfix release, just to be on the safe side. Thanks for pointing out!

Space Age 0.2.7.1

• Fixed versioning issues in 0.2.7 and possibly missing icon for Blizzy's Toolbar

Download here

Thanks, I know about the ToolbarController, but I don't think I need it. I already have that piece of code that I simply copy-paste from a mod to a mod. Don't want to touch anything there or add a new dependency as long as it works.

• 1 month later...

Space Age 1.0

Space Age is here! After more than a year in development I consider this mod stable and mature enough to get rid of the initial 0 in the version number and release version 1.0. It is not the end of development, but most features are already there.

• Added: The vessel (or kerbal where appropriate) that has completed an achievement will now be saved and displayed for "First" and "Max" achievements
  • Added: Achievements can now count only unique vessels (i.e. not count cases when the same vessel does something twice)
  • Added: New achievements: total vessels in space, total visits (crewed and overall) to a celestial body, total orbits (crewed and overall) of a celestial body that use the uniqueness feature
  • Changed: Total landings on a celestial body now only counts unique vessels
  • Changed: Improved landings tracking so that short hops (less than 60 seconds by default) don't count as separate landings
  • Changed: 'homeOnly' key in achievements is replaced with 'home' key with values 'Only', 'Exclude' and 'Default'
  • Changed: Debug mode (log spam) is off by default
  • Performance optimization and potential bug fixes

Download here

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Amazing mod! Thanks! Can't believe took me so long to find it. How about put in SpaceDock, so more people could find it easily?

And as suggestion, how about tracking when you assign new Kerbals?

A way to edit the entries in-game also would be welcome, but it's not essencial, since is easy to edit the save game file.

On 12/16/2018 at 10:49 PM, MaximumThrust said:

Amazing mod! Thanks! Can't believe took me so long to find it. How about put in SpaceDock, so more people could find it easily?

And as suggestion, how about tracking when you assign new Kerbals?

A way to edit the entries in-game also would be welcome, but it's not essencial, since is easy to edit the save game file.

I'm glad that you enjoy this mod. This mod's most up-to-date copy is always on Github; both CKAN and KSP-AVC are supported for updates. I don't want to mess with platforms, because it's too much a chore for me. I do have it on Curse though, but I'm actually considering taking it down.

What do you mean assigning new kerbals? As in recruiting or beginning a mission with them?

Most entries are stored as data fields (e.g. only the type of event, ship name and body name are saved for a landing event), so you can't really edit their text. However, you can delete an entry (click the X button to the right) and add a new one by typing it in the bottom line.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @garwel, just a curious question regarding the screenshot on the OP.

For the chronicle of the Mun, it looks like the figures don't make sense in the you have the first orbit as Y18 and the first crewed Mun landing in Y25, but you planted the first flag on the Mun in Y5. Wouldn't a flagplant require both a landing and an Orbit to register prior? Or is the whole sample image just a placeholder?

35 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

Hi @garwel, just a curious question regarding the screenshot on the OP.

For the chronicle of the Mun, it looks like the figures don't make sense in the you have the first orbit as Y18 and the first crewed Mun landing in Y25, but you planted the first flag on the Mun in Y5. Wouldn't a flagplant require both a landing and an Orbit to register prior? Or is the whole sample image just a placeholder?

It's because I installed the mod mid-game after many of the achievements had already been completed. The mod (if the corresponding option is enabled) then tries to parse stock game records (aka ProgressNodes) to add older achievements. These are less detailed though, so only some of the old achievements can be found in this way and not the others.

• 3 months later...

Space Age 1.0.2

• Recompiled for KSP 1.7.0 (but should still be compatible with at least KSP 1.5)
  • Added: Chronicle now tells if the vessel is destroyed near a celestial body (i.e. less than 100 m above ground)
  • Added: Total lost vessels per body achievement
  • Added: Achievements tab is now disabled if there are no achievements yet
  • Fixed: Potential UI issues when there are no achievements or "protoachievement" configs

Download here

PS: I have a cool new feature that I'm going to introduce in the next version. I hope to finish and release it around the time next KSP version drops.

• 1 month later...

The new release is almost ready but needs some final polishing and testing. The problem is I'm not playing KSP right now until Kopernicus is updated, so we may have to wait a few more days I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Space Age 1.1

• Compiled for KSP 1.7.3
  • Added: Scoring system, which awards progress score points for certain achievements such as first orbit, first flyby of a body, first landing etc. Number of points depends on the achievement (e.g. landing is worth more than a flyby), celestial body (proportional to its science multiplier for recovery) and whether it was a crewed vessel or a probe. It should be compatible with all planet packs and works in all game modes.
  • Added: You can be awarded with funds, science and/or reputation for earning score. Think of it as an alternative to (or augmentation of) progression contracts and certain strategies. This feature is currently disabled by default, but you can define how much reward you want to get per score point in the in-game settings.
  • Fixed: You no longer unlock achievements such as "Max crew in a vessel" with 0 (zero) values

Download here

What is this? Could it be because I do not use TestFlight with RO RP-1 but TestLite?

Exception handling event VesselSituation.OnLaunch in class SpaceAgeScenario:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SpaceAge.Achievement.Register (SpaceAge.Achievement old) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SpaceAge.SpaceAgeScenario.CheckAchievement (SpaceAge.Achievement ach) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SpaceAge.SpaceAgeScenario.CheckAchievements (System.String ev, .CelestialBody body, .Vessel vessel, Double value, System.String hero) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SpaceAge.SpaceAgeScenario.CheckAchievements (System.String ev, .Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SpaceAge.SpaceAgeScenario.OnLaunch (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SpaceAge.Achievement.Register (SpaceAge.Achievement old) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SpaceAge.SpaceAgeScenario.CheckAchievement (SpaceAge.Achievement ach) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SpaceAge.SpaceAgeScenario.CheckAchievements (System.String ev, .CelestialBody body, .Vessel vessel, Double value, System.String hero) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SpaceAge.SpaceAgeScenario.CheckAchievements (System.String ev, .Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SpaceAge.SpaceAgeScenario.OnLaunch (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
KSPAchievements.<TestFlight>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

What is this? Could it be because I do not use TestFlight with RO RP-1 but TestLite?

No, this is due to some "improvement" I added in v1.1, which introduced a bug. I found it and it will be fixed in the next release. How disruptive is this issue?

Edited by garwel

Not sure. I found it after looking for what happened after KSP ef-ju-cee-kay-ee-dee up.
(I removed unBlur because it's no dependency of Toolbar etc. anymore, but perhaps anything else still needs it?)

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 1 month later...

Hello,

First Thank you for this great mod!

On 7/24/2019 at 6:08 PM, garwel said:

No, this is due to some "improvement" I added in v1.1, which introduced a bug. I found it and it will be fixed in the next release. How disruptive is this issue?

Did this get fixed or is it still a problem?

29 minutes ago, N3N said:

Did this get fixed or is it still a problem?

There haven't been new releases, so no. But it doesn't seem to cause any issues other than occasionally logging the exception.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.