Will Making History change the career game?

cephalo

I always felt the career game seemed a bit messed up from a historical perspective. It's like in order to learn supersonic flight, you have to get science on the Mun. Will there be any changes coming to career from the expansion?

5 hours ago, cephalo said:

I always felt the career game seemed a bit messed up from a historical perspective. It's like in order to learn supersonic flight, you have to get science on the Mun. Will there be any changes coming to career from the expansion?

With the default difficulty settings I was able to unlock all level 5(90 point) technologies without entering orbit or leaving the Kerbin SOI in 1.0.

As Supersonic flight is a level 6 technology, requiring only a single level 5 tech, which in turn requires only a single level 4 tech, it should be pretty easy to unlock it without leaving kerbin.

It may well be easier to unlock it by going to the moon, but that is because this is a rocket game and not an airplane game, and going to the moon is one of the things that almost everyone tries to do early on, and thus become more practiced at than flying around kerbin visiting every single biome.

Edited by Terwin