KSP Challenge: Eve Speed Challenge!

Darth Badie

LNXTZHQo9oD021m8tt36856HePo1vVl9piPKG_jh

Hello everyone, 

Check out the amazing and creative entries of last challenge!

This week we have another theme for you: “Eve Speed Challenge "

This is a challenge of speed to Eve and back back to Kerbin SOI. We will have just 5 winners according to the best times, they will receive a special badge. You have 2 weeks for this challenge! 

You can try as many times as you want. 

Rules

• From the launchpad to Eve -  When you start the flight the countdown begins -
  • Just  "Fly by"
  • Fastest game time 
  • No Mods and no modded parts 
  • No refueling 

Share your screenshots, videos or images. We want you to have fun and share it with the whole community!

In that case it's just another highest part count/fastest computer contest, so that's me out.

PS. Fastest Eve flyby under 100 parts might be interesting, though.

PPS. This is fastest game time, right? Not fastest real-life time? Although that might also be interesting, in a completely different way.

Edited by Hotaru

1 hour ago, Hotaru said:

PPS. This is fastest game time, right? Not fastest real-life time? Although that might also be interesting, in a completely different way.

Yeah, it would have to be game-time. Real-time wouldn't be fair.

Edited by Just Jim

OK, this seems straight forward enough... launch a big rocket from the KSC, fly out to Eve, come back to Kerbin, and I'm assuming either land or splashdown. That's easy enough. 

But @Badie... no mods at all? How can I do this without chattererer?  :rolleyes:

No, seriously... IMO this looks more like a test of maneuvering, rather than just rocket building... Sure, making a really powerful rocket is definitely a requirement, but timing the launch just right to take optimum advantage of Kerbin and Eve's positions, etc.... I think that's the big challenge this time.

I'll have to set up a purely stock game to do it, but I might take a shot at this, it looks fun.  :)

Edited by Just Jim

im pretty sure they mean no modded parts that  make things easier or give gains a stock player cant have.

so chatterer or any other mod that isnt giving you an edge is fine.

if you look at my screen shots there are mods active like chatter but nothing to give my craft any benefit over someone who is stock

Edited by invision

I imagine the hard part to be getting the right slingshot for a fast return and not burning up in Kerbins Atmosphere on the way home. Is landing back at Kerbin required?

Wait! @Badie said: just fly by, no mention of a return. Does that mean I stop the Clock at ... EVE periapsis?

Edited by Physics Student

1 hour ago, invision said:

1 hour ago, Physics Student said:

Wait! @Badie said: just fly by, no mention of a return. Does that mean I stop the Clock at ... EVE periapsis?

What I mean with "Fly by" is that you don´t need to land on Eve, but you have to get back to Kerbin SOI there is when the clock stops 

15 minutes ago, Badie said:

That is right 

What I mean with "Fly by" is that you don´t need to land on Eve, but you have to get back to Kerbin SOI there is when the clock stops 

OK, but you don't have to land or splashdown?

1 hour ago, The Dunatian said:

Shouldn't this be, no mods that make game play easier and no modded parts? It sure will be a pain to get rid of  and then re-install all my mods such as chatterer or vessel mover.

It would be simplest to just make a clean install and start from there.

1 hour ago, Badie said:

That is right 

@Badie,, you just seem to have contradicted yourself. When I asked earlier about mods you seem to say that no mods at all. Now you seem to be saying that as long as it's no parts, doesn't change the physics Etc that it can be used.

Clarification please

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.