Blender Planet Pack Development Thread

Cabbink

Welcome to  Blender Planet Pack  (BPP) or community planet pack (CPP) development thread.

This mod will be a collection of different user submited planets. You can submit a Planet, but I can't guarantee it will get through. 

Anyone of any skill is allowed to submit a planet.

Please keep all planets in english.

Credits:

@TheWanderer05: Ira, Eeloo's new moon.
@Mrcarrot: Thurisaz, a truly terrifying gas planet.
@SamBelanger: The Sambelanger Planet! It Hurts Your Eyes with it's colors.

Edited by Cabbink

If I wasn't caught up in a project already I'd offer some planets once I got a feel of what the others looked like.

However my advice would be to not include EVE / Scatterer configs, instead waiting until all the planets have been submitted. Simply because you will have an ordeal trying to add each planet individually - just do it all in one go without breaking anything in its own nice neat folder within the CPP folder. :)

Good luck :wink:

2 minutes ago, TheWanderer05 said:

Here's a small (but dense) Ice moon with a thin atmo.

You'll have to specify filepaths and possibly fix some orbital properties but other than that it should be alright.

Link to download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zw96u7pou1fkvy/Ira.zip?dl=0

unknown.png

Looks Pretty! However, I will probably have to re-name it becuase it would conflict with another planet from another planet pack. Great work!

I think I have an extra gas giant lying around. Would you like one colored somewhat like Jupiter?

Edit: I actually have an entire solar system's worth of gas giants lying around. I like gas giants.:P

Edited by Mrcarrot

16 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

I think I have an extra gas giant lying around. Would you like one colored somewhat like Jupiter?

Edit: I actually have an entire solar system's worth of gas giants lying around. I like gas giants.:P

Any of them are fine. Just don't overload me with multiple. Post screnies of your best 3, and then I can grab the best for the pack. If you want, put your signature in the code.

Edited by Cabbink

8 minutes ago, Cabbink said:

Any of them are fine. Just don't overload me with multiple. Post screnies of your best 3, and then I can grab the best for the pack. If you want, put your signature in the code.

I actually don't know how many I want to give up (I've had my own planet pack in dev for a while), but expect at least 1.

Thurisaz: A large gas giant with a storm covering about 1/6 of its surface and a localized description in English, Russian, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese.

EDIT: also has a retrograde orbit

Dayside:

QRijdGa.png

Nightside:

GvVXQlE.png

Planet Link(If it doesn't work, I'll just put it on curse as a mod and you can download it there)

I would also like to use this as an experience to further my knowledge of planet creation, so I would like to help develop- PM me if that's okay.

Edited by Mrcarrot

6 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

*snip*

Very Nice! I will add this! However, that is a REALLY HIGH G ASL. may present quite a high SOI. ill try it out!
Edit: I calculated that Thurisaz has a Escape velocity of up to 25931.2 m/s. Thats higher than NEPTUNE, and almost at saturn. You have created a terrifing planet. 

Edited by Cabbink
scary

11 hours ago, Cabbink said:

Very Nice! I will add this! However, that is a REALLY HIGH G ASL. may present quite a high SOI. ill try it out!
Edit: I calculated that Thurisaz has a Escape velocity of up to 25931.2 m/s. Thats higher than NEPTUNE, and almost at saturn. You have created a terrifing planet. 

That was not intentional. However, I like it!

EDIT: if you can get the dds texture to work, I have provided it in the same folder as the png.

On 8/30/2017 at 3:03 PM, SamBelanger said:

-snip-

I just downloaded it, and noticed that there is no normalmap. Was that intentional?

Edited by Mrcarrot

On 8/30/2017 at 3:34 PM, Cabbink said:

Looks Pretty! However, I will probably have to re-name it becuase it would conflict with another planet from another planet pack. Great work!

This is a link to a cfg renaming it to "Ira-1" and giving it a displayName of "Ira". No renaming of the planet is necessary beyond internally.

edit: This cfg is designed to replace the current cfg.

Edited by Mrcarrot

13 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

This is a link to a cfg renaming it to "Ira-1" and giving it a displayName of "Ira". No renaming of the planet is necessary beyond internally.

edit: This cfg is designed to replace the current cfg.

Don't worry. I already fixed it before you have the new config.

3 hours ago, Cabbink said:

After one more person submits. Then we can test stuff out.

Okay. I can just put together the 3 planets until then!

I will probably submit moons for Thurisaz once I get the hang of PQS Mods.

Edit: I'm thinking a lot of moons, because of Thurisaz's high gravity.

Edited by Mrcarrot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.