How about a 2d world?

Shtuffs

Are there any mods or can anyone make one where the whole game still has the same 3d look as ksp, but when flying, the rocket is stuck on just a 2d axis where there is no depth or height?

The reason I am asking for this kind of mod is when I try to go anywhere, the rocket sometimes tilts the wrong way and the orbit inclines so that it is almost impossible to intercept any planets, and plus, it would be much easier to dock things.

This is all I am asking for.

P.S. If you do make this kind of mod, can it be 1.2.2? I am stuck on 1.2.2  because some mods only work for 1.2.2.

I highly doubt there is or ever will be a mod like that. But I can give you two suggestions:

1. Get an autopilot like MechJeb and have it take care of your launches.
  2. Practice, practice, practice !!! Learn to play the game before you start changing the core mechanics. Do NOT be afraid to fail. Even the most seasoned players cock-up from time to time.

It's just that when I try to go east or west, it just tilts north or south. Its really annoying. 

when I press D, it instead goes to the direction I would have gone if I pressed W.

Edited by Rocket engineer

How many winglets are you using on your rockets? Two will only help with the with one direction, and three will help also, but it will be harder to steer. Four winglets should be good. KSP is also one of those games where you learn by playing and failing.

EDIT: Unless if you rotated the craft in the vehicle assembly building (vab), A,D should be west and east respectively, and S and W is south and north. Another thing that may be the issue is that you're tilting your rockets east to early, usually I tilt them around 22,000 meters. 

Interestingly enough, KSP was originally going to be the "3D world with 2D constraints" that you described. However, if I recall correctly, sometime between 0.5 and 0.7 HarvestR showed the game to his brother Moach. He suggested to make it full 3D (because the constraints for 2D mode were a pain to make). And that's how we got the 3D KSP!

*Disclaimer: The above statement is strictly from memory and may be partially incorrect.

12 hours ago, Rocket engineer said:

when I press D, it instead goes to the direction I would have gone if I pressed W.

Then you pobably rotated your ship in the VAB. All inputs follow the nav ball and not the camera.

And honestly if something goes wrong or against your expectations you will always get better results if you ask what you're doing wrong and not for someone to completely rebuild the entire game. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.