Sup,

I've just got my new computer and tried to start KSP after redownloading all of my mods via CKAN. I have KSP through steam and when I try to launch it (64 bit) it spends about 5 minutes loading then crashes. I've read through the logs to try to pinpoint which mod(s) were causing the issue  and (this is embarrassing for me as a software engineer...) I can't make sense of them for the life of me. 

One thing I'm fairly confident on is that it's not a memory issue. I've got 16GB of it running on the 64-bit version of the game so it really shouldn't be an issue. I also noticed that it always seems to crash as the game is trying to load the HG-5 High Gain antenna from the Squad folder but i don't know if that's at all relevant.

Output log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_S4qYaOhDc1Z0VacUQyeDlnRG8

My immediate thought is one of your mods didn't install correctly and that there's nothing wrong with the base game. How many are you running (quite a few I'm assuming since CKAN is involved)?

IF it's feasible, either redownload the entire collection to a new and separate directory (just to make sure there's no "file contamination") and try running again, or *shudder* install your mods one at a time until you find the offender.

And I don't know if this ever got fixed, because I don't use CKAN myself, but I remember there being a problem where CKAN would download mods that were both compatible and not compatible with version XYZ of KSP so that could be the problem as well.

21 hours ago, Greenfire32 said:

My immediate thought is one of your mods didn't install correctly and that there's nothing wrong with the base game. How many are you running (quite a few I'm assuming since CKAN is involved)?

IF it's feasible, either redownload the entire collection to a new and separate directory (just to make sure there's no "file contamination") and try running again, or *shudder* install your mods one at a time until you find the offender.

And I don't know if this ever got fixed, because I don't use CKAN myself, but I remember there being a problem where CKAN would download mods that were both compatible and not compatible with version XYZ of KSP so that could be the problem as well.

Thanks for the tip. I'm in the process of reinstalling my mods in batches of ten to try and narrow it down. I think the number I was on at the time was close to 150. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.