Add margin to the top of the breadcrumbs please.

regex

Agreed. 

Then have a think about font sizes, default fonts and margins across the whole forum. At the moment we have margins and fonts that manage to make everything look cramped despite the acres of whitespace around them and a layout that highlights trivial things (like post counts on a thread) in great big letters, whilst putting important things (like breadcrumbs and other navigation links in little tiny letters.

Then we have a badly thought out menu structure at the top with... you guessed it, more wasted space, and an utterly pointless and space-consuming forum stats and member list at the bottom. Unless the forum has a hidden chat feature that I'm not aware of, in which case being able to see who's on in real-time might be at least somewhat useful.

I thought things couldn't get much worse after the last forum 'upgrade'. I thought wrong.

Edited by KSK

12 minutes ago, KSK said:

Then have a think about font sizes, default fonts and margins across the whole forum. At the moment we have margins and fonts that manage to make everything look cramped despite the acres of whitespace around them and a layout that highlights trivial things (like post counts on a thread) in great big letters, whilst putting important things (like breadcrumbs and other navigation links in little tiny letters.

And tags, which practically nobody uses, are now Really In Your Face!  (And no, encouraging people to use tags is not a good idea.  Tag systems are rarely moderated and you always end up with seven tags meaning the same thing when they aren't.)

19 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

And tags, which practically nobody uses, are now Really In Your Face!  (And no, encouraging people to use tags is not a good idea.  Tag systems are rarely moderated and you always end up with seven tags meaning the same thing when they aren't.)

@ManeTI, can tags be turned off? Meaning these things:

TswL8I4.png

They're not useful for finding threads, since there's no consistent convention for their use, so they essentially act as another label in addition to the title.

1 hour ago, KSK said:

Then we have a badly thought out menu structure at the top with... you guessed it, more wasted space, and an utterly pointless and space-consuming forum stats and member list at the bottom. Unless the forum has a hidden chat feature that I'm not aware of, in which case being able to see who's on in real-time might be at least somewhat useful.

The new theme certainly isn't good-looking or more readable but Squad honestly isn't going to change it; there's no money in it or for it, I can pretty much guarantee that.

I'm just asking for a simple CSS change so that the site looks better and makes plain that the breadcrumb is important (I use it all the time). The rest of it, while muddy and ill-defined, still works okay and looks consistent for the most part.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, ManeTI said:

Hi guys, I have added the 10 px to the margin

Thank you and it is appreciated, however, I think adding the constant 10px margin to .ipsBreadcrumb > ul has now shifting the whole breadcrumb list over to the right:

Iryi9x5.png

... whereas before (see OP) it was aligned with the rest of the elements. From a professional Webmaster standpoint, I guess this should be fixed... from a voluntary community website standpoint, I guess it may not be worth the time?

Edited by Poodmund

3 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Thank you and it is appreciated, however, I think adding the constant 10px margin to .ipsBreadcrumb > ul has now shifting the whole breadcrumb list over to the right:

... whereas before (see OP) it was aligned with the rest of the elements. From a professional Webmaster standpoint, I guess this should be fixed... from a voluntary community website standpoint, I guess it may not be worth the time?

You are right, will see what can be done :)

On 10/10/2017 at 2:32 PM, ManeTI said:

Hi guys, I have added the 10 px to the margin and tweaked a little bit the colors for the tags.

Thank you for the change, believe it or not that really helps with my user experience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.