How improve communication with deep space probe

I tried to send one to EVE but i lost contact with it :( 

And so many hard works of creating NavNodes was wasted :( 

I wonder does i need more antennas or just need upgrade my tracking station (currently is level 2) and next upgrade would cost me 1,23 billion kerbo dollars (i use to call it that :wink:   ) 

so how make it to works 

Couple things you could do:

1) Send relays. Make sure you understand the difference between a direct and a relay antennae. If you're having trouble bridging the gap, you need to bounce your signal across a relay. Some antennae are also combinable, meaning their signal strength grows if you use more than one on the same craft. Right clicking inside the vehicle editor will tell you this information.

2) You should have at least 3 satellites with Kerbin-capable communications in orbit. This is so that even when Kerbin is below the horizon of your target planet, the signal can be bounced around the planet, and thus, communication remains intact. My standard practice is to have 3 relays in geosync orbit (if possible) evenly spaced around the planet and in cases where geosync isn't possible I usually have 3 low-orbit relays and 1 high-orbit relay.

3) Upgrade your tracking station. If you're playing career (and it looks like you are) the tracking station is only capable of so much. It's entirely possible that your current one is never going to be able to perform what you need it to.

Good luck!

< No expert or KSP pro! So somebody should please correct me should I be wrong.

What I would do in your case to check the probes' antennaes.  IIRC correctly, the setup should be:

Direct (EVE) - Relay (Kerbol Deep Space, more if necessary) -  Kerbin DS station thingy or another relay that connects with KSC

Perhaps you could litter space with a few more deep space relay probes. When I have the cash, I launch a craft with some 3 or more probes and just send it on a blind Kerbol round trip, where I just dispatch them one by one at different locations in deep dead space :). 

Maybe this can help?

On 31.08.2017 at 9:43 PM, 5thHorseman said:

Upgrading tracking will likely work. Also, unless you set it otherwise, the probe can likely still aim retrograde and fire its rocket at full throttle (z key), so with luck you may be able to get it in orbit so you can send a stronger relay satellite later.

so i should make not for 90 degree but opposite direction?

Edited by Pawelk198604

29 minutes ago, Pawelk198604 said:

so i should make not for 90 degree but opposite direction?

If you just want to get the probe into orbit of the destination planet with the least fuel possible, then do this:

• As soon as the probe enters the planet's SOI, if you have the option to aim RADIAL, aim RADIAL IN and burn the engine to get your periapsis low. Don't hit atmosphere or get too close to the ground. For most airless worlds, 20km is fine. Note, without full control, just get what you can. Lower is better but wasting fuel trying to nail exactly 20km is worse :)
  • As you approach Periapsis, aim RETROGRADE and burn full throttle until you have an orbit.

Note: Do the second thing, even if you couldn't do the first thing.

A while back, I  wrote a tutorial on comm networks.  AFAIK it's still good info.  The link is in my sig.

The thing about comms is, lotsa folks make it harder and more complex than it needs to be.  It's really fairly simple to make one adequate for all true gameplay needs.  Complexity comes from truing to do more than you need to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.