KSP Weekly: The Alien Discovery

SQUAD

I do really like the new art for many of the parts, but what really annoys me personally is that squad seems to plain not care about overhauling stuff that is already in the game which desperately needs an art pass.  We still have those butt ugly looking pods from day 1 of the game (mk1-2 pod, mk2 lander can are probably the 2 biggest eyesores personally, most of the rest are at least workable even if still meh), many of the old fuel tanks could really use an overhaul, ect, and while i know porkjet is gone, why didnt squad take those few assets that were done and officially include them in stock KSP since that is literally half an hour or work at best as it would make at least those few parts pretty and wouldnt require resorting to hacks to get those things to override the stock parts?

Anyways, rant aside, i think the expansion is going well, albeit what im really wondering is if some of the "mission" features will make their way down to regular sandbox games.  Especially the ability to launch from other planets, that would be super nice since i wouldnt have to use that mess that is kerbinside (laggy, buggy, ect) just to set up a spawnpoint on another planet for vessel launches when i have a huge facility on say minmus or whatever other planet, and feel like launching something from there.

Also, "ability to spawn asteroids", im so gonna use that to give a moon a true asteroid field consisting of 1000s of potatoes in low orbit.  Should be alot easier then the current method for assembling asteroid fields which requires me to literally hyperedit 100+ into a planet's orbit.  Maybee now i can have some actual sci-fi dogfights in space, evading gunfire and evading potato impacts!

21 hours ago, Just Jim said:

OK..... one of those containers in the cabin says: Pets...

Pets??? So kerbals officially now have pets??? I wonder what they are???

Do you realize what a fun can of worms this opens for us fan fiction writers???  :D

"OK, I'm going to give you whichever of you clowns smuggled the gronnek into Jeb's snack locker exactly 30 seconds to fess up or be fired! Into space. On a command seat."

Edited by KSK

18 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

Yes, here is all you want:

And it's really great and awesome work :)

UFvQk5R.jpg

I'm still hope to see this in stock game...

The new 1.85 parts seem to be more in the direction of these parts than the current stock parts. Well at least in the unshielded versions. Tank parts shown for making history have all locked in on similar end style of bolt plate and insulated dome. 

On 9/1/2017 at 5:13 PM, Just Jim said:

I wonder if it's a reference to the dog Laika, the first animal to orbit the Earth.  Or any of the other dogs that the Soviet space program launched into space.  It'd be a nice touch IMHO. :)

That Voskhod sure looks cool ! Well, in reality the 2 cosmonauts were seriously cramped inside but hey, being a small Kerbal has some advantages ! :)

I remember an animation where a can of Goo(tm) mutates into some kind of little shapeless animal. :P

Edited by N_Molson

On 9/1/2017 at 6:13 PM, Just Jim said:

Do you realize what a fun can of worms this opens for us fan fiction writers???  :D

'Kribbles' dude, 'Kribbles'.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.