[1.3] PartTools IVA help

nestor_d

I'm trying to create an IVA view for a cockpit. I have already created the .mu file, the texture, and the internal.cgf. At this moment, the internal.cfg, only has the lines to bring up the .mu mesh, onto which I would spawn the props and then write onto the .cgf, so my cfg currently looks like this:

INTERNAL
{
	name = Mk2ShortIVA
	MODEL
	{
		model = GenericInlineCockpits/Spaces/Mk2Short/Mk2ShortIVA
	}
}

Every time I click on the "Spawn" button, I get an error that says "Cannot create space". I have made IVAs in the past and I don't remember having this issue.

For context and clarification:

- I've tried using the old and new version of PartTools and I get the same results

- If I try to spawn other IVA models, like the stock ones, it doesn't work either, but instead of giving me an error message, Unity freezes and sometimes all of Windows freezes.

- I've tried adding .mu to the model line in the cfg, and also putting the files into different folder structures (I know this probably doesn't make much sense, but at this point I'm trying to change any little detail to see if it makes a difference)

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by nestor_d

In your GameData folder do you have any parts/folders with an empty .cfg file?

I had a similar problem after I installed and earlier version of the Community Resource Pack as I think the asteroids .cfg used to be empty and this stopped unity from being able to spawn anything or even load my part tools correctly. Its worth checking to see if this might be the cause.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.