K&S Kerbal Drag Racing

Castille7

Once again @klond has inspired me with one of his KSP Engineering Designs and it motivated me more than ever. After seeings his design I came up with an idea and he joined with a few other ideas along the way.

J5kpo8t.jpg

K&S Kerbal Drag Racing
Note: More video footage after the credits

Operations: 
Single Dragster
Start with Full Thorttle hit space bar, use your driving skills to stay on the road X to kill Engines then space bar for the Chutes and B for brakes

Duel Dragsters
Start with Full Throttle hit space bar and hit right perethesis to switch to one of the Cars and enjoy the race!

K&S Dragster
Craft File: K&S Dragster
Parts: 206
Mass: 26.804t
Height: 5.1m
Width: 5.6m
Length: 13.2m

K&S Duel Dragsters
Craft File: K&S Dragster
Parts: 439
Mass: 29.829t
Height: 5.1m
Width: 22.3m
Length: 13.5m

Spoiler

Here is the spark that started this project
Klond's amazing V12 Kraken Engine

https://imgur.com/o09Zp2M

2Ak9mLY.png

The Crash Wall Machine

gIECbu6.png

xBX743w.png

The Grand Stands

LRNB0kM.png

ZQ5oVCU.png

Klond's Digital Display......sweet!

1KkbX9J.png

K&S Kerbal Dragster

bvAlXVr.png

Ticket Booth

PFpmJqw.png

Parking Lot

ytDuNjh.png

K&S Race Track Sign

StQ8sOB.png

Edited by Castille7
Added Craft Files

I could not remove the giant stupid grin from my face throughout this video...  and made me LOL several times. 

Kerbal drag racing!   the ticket booth...  grand stands...  spectacular crashes...  This is all just too good!  

1 hour ago, XLjedi said:

I could not remove the giant stupid grin from my face throughout this video...  and made me LOL several times. 

Kerbal drag racing!   the ticket booth...  grand stands...  spectacular crashes...  This is all just too good!  

Thank you for the nice comments, as most videos go I always wished a few things were done or not left out. In this case I spent hours building and setting up four sections of the grand stands and didn't catch them in the action scenes...haha

Here is an action scene with the grand stands

https://imgur.com/NzvwYBX

Edited by Castille7

30 minutes ago, Voculus said:

That's top shelf work, right there! I can't imagine how many hours went into that video. Nicely done! :cool:

Thank you and yes many hours go into our projects, I actually had a day off from work and spent all of it on the video editing plus the hours of filming.

I know Klond spends hours on the Engineering and Design work, the V12 Engine, Digital Display and the Race Track Sign was hours of his work.

Edited by Castille7

Cool stuff guys! Maybe we can team up! As you remember, I made a drag strip early this year. Just without the excellent video!

If you're interested, I've made the foundation for a drag racing mod back then. I haven't done anything with it since February. Take a look.

I believe drag racing is one of the most kerbal forms of racing ... until multiplayer comes along.

And now I know what klond was going to use the digital display for :-)

Edited by Azimech

4 hours ago, Azimech said:

Cool stuff guys! Maybe we can team up! As you remember, I made a drag strip early this year. Just without the excellent video!

Thanks man! Team up sounds great :cool: but I would like to get a few projects off my plate first, to name a few...The Cantilever Bridge, Mini Mitchell, Mini P-38, Kerbal Submarine, Railcar.....and a few I haven't mention on here yet because I a have so many not completed yet. :blush:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.