Missing Animation?

Is it me or is the Communitron HG-55 missing an animation?  It seems to me that there should be an additional animation at the joint at the base of the antenna.  This would allow the antenna to fold up for storage and extend out, away from the craft.

Spoiler

6C4Q60y.png

In the spoiler there are three HG-55.  On the right is the retracted state.  At left-bottom is the current in-game extended state.

At left-top is how I imagine it should look. (Note the square base would be lying flat; not 90-degree rotated)

Don't seem to be a missing animation to me. Rather that you don't like how deployed positions. 

In that regard I feel there's some inconsistence on how different antennas are positioned. But seems just a odd, in my opinnion, design choice.

11 hours ago, Spricigo said:

Don't seem to be a missing animation to me. Rather that you don't like how deployed positions. 

In that regard I feel there's some inconsistence on how different antennas are positioned. But seems just a odd, in my opinnion, design choice.

You're right, I don't like how it deploys.  So, yeah, I can accept there is no missing animation. 

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about graphics and animations.

General Question: Would any one be able to alter that?

The reason it is like that is simply that it was meant to be a recreation of the B612 Foundation's Sentinel satellite's antenna, slapped on the craft radially. 

348px-Sentinel_Space_Telescope.jpg

This was initially made for the Asteroid Day mod by Squad.  Some time later, only the antenna itself was brought into the base game as-is.  Later still, the rest of the Asteroid Day mod was brought into the base game.  I agree, though, that its usefulness is somewhat restricted due to its deployment method.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.