[1.3] Generic Inline Cockpits remade

nestor_d

I remade my inline cockpits mod. Some of the cockpits have been completely remade from scratch, but all haven been retextured and the shaders have been recompiled. The new shaders are meant to emulate the metallic coating that gives an orange/gold tint to some fighter cockpits like the F-22 or the EA-6B Prowler. So, while the glass is actually blue, you'll see nice shades of orange/gold when iluminated.

I doubt the external view will change, but I'm having a hell of a lot of trouble with the IVAs in unity, which are not even importing correctly for some reason I can't determine. So IVAs will be added hopefully in the near future, but since I'm kind of stuck for now, I'm releasing it as it is now into the wild. However, I'm open to new part suggestions as long as they fit with the general purpose of the mod. That being said, I'm on the verge of giving up on the IVAs, so anyone who's open to doing them, be my guest. I have some base models for them, they just won't load properly in unity.

The parts contained in the mod are what you see in the gif below. They're meant to be generic (duh) enough to be useful for a wide variety of purposes. Have fun!

v3riYnp.pngI0W9wxD.pngi9LZSMi.png

O3u6piQ.pngcsjeUX6.pngqYQE8wi.png

DOWNLOAD FROM SPACEDOCK

Edited by nestor_d

There are several premade IVAs from other mods with permissive licenses. 

ASET has a nice one made for the stock inline cockpit that should be easily adaptable to other cockpits.  Only the basic interior space needs replacement with one geometrically compatible but more resemblant of your mod.

They also have nice premade props and entire layout panels that would work.

1 minute ago, Ruedii said:

There are several premade IVAs from other mods with permissive licenses. 

ASET has a nice one made for the stock inline cockpit that should be easily adaptable to other cockpits.  Only the basic interior space needs replacement with one geometrically compatible but more resemblant of your mod.

They also have nice premade props and entire layout panels that would work.

It's true, and that's actually what I did in the original version of this mod. My issue right now is that I can't do anything to fix the internal geometry. There must vivre something that's not working with the import out export scripts in unity or parttools, because, even though unity reads the internal config it can't spawn the actual mesh so I can't populate it with props and I couldn't use any pre-existing internal and adapt it for the same reason. I can't actually import any of the stock IVAs, unity just crashes, the only IVA I can't currently import for some reason is one I made a while ago for a Mk3 mod

5 hours ago, nestor_d said:

It's true, and that's actually what I did in the original version of this mod. My issue right now is that I can't do anything to fix the internal geometry. There must vivre something that's not working with the import out export scripts in unity or parttools, because, even though unity reads the internal config it can't spawn the actual mesh so I can't populate it with props and I couldn't use any pre-existing internal and adapt it for the same reason. I can't actually import any of the stock IVAs, unity just crashes, the only IVA I can't currently import for some reason is one I made a while ago for a Mk3 mod

make sure you don't have any empty .cfg files anywhere within your GameData folder as that will break Unity. ik CRP has one or two and I remember a few other mods having empty files as well.

4 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

make sure you don't have any empty .cfg files anywhere within your GameData folder as that will break Unity. ik CRP has one or two and I remember a few other mods having empty files as well.

I'm certain there are none... I have a dedicated modding copy of KSP to use with unity where I only have the squad folder and two of my mods, and I doubt there are empty cfgs inside squad. But I actually can spawn the IVA from my other mods... when I try to spawn the IVAs for this one out gives me a "Cannot create space" error, and when I try to spawn the stock ones, unity crashes

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Skywalket said:

Awesome mod! Now I just wish I could use this for 1.3.1

Have you tried it and it doesn't work? I haven't tried it on 1.3.1, since I'm still using 1.3.0, but there's basically just .mu files, so I thought it might work anyway

1 minute ago, nestor_d said:

Have you tried it and it doesn't work? I haven't tried it on 1.3.1, since I'm still using 1.3.0, but there's basically just .mu files, so I thought it might work anyway

Nope. It's one of the first mods I tried. I love this mod, and I really hope you can update it. I was staying on 1.3 for a while so I could update along with this mod, if that makes sense. The Pixie cockpit is one of my favs btw, because of the likeness to the AV-8B Harrier cockpit.

1 minute ago, Skywalket said:

Nope. It's one of the first mods I tried. I love this mod, and I really hope you can update it. I was staying on 1.3 for a while so I could update along with this mod, if that makes sense. The Pixie cockpit is one of my favs btw, because of the likeness to the AV-8B Harrier cockpit.

Hmmm interesting, I'll work on it. What was the issue, so I know what I'm working with here. Were the parts not appearing, crashes, error messages?

1 minute ago, nestor_d said:

Hmmm interesting, I'll work on it. What was the issue, so I know what I'm working with here. Were the parts not appearing, crashes, error messages?

On load, the game said 'Generic Inline Cockpits: Please use 1.3.0'. And thank you for replying so quickly.

Just now, Skywalket said:

On load, the game said 'Generic Inline Cockpits: Please use 1.3.0'. And thank you for replying so quickly.

Oh, I get those messages all the time from several mods, just because the stated version in the .cgf files or in spacedock/CKAN is a different one, but they work anyway. Would you mind checking if you can use the parts or there's something else other than the message? I'd greatly appreciate that

Just now, nestor_d said:

Oh, I get those messages all the time from several mods, just because the stated version in the .cgf files or in spacedock/CKAN is a different one, but they work anyway. Would you mind checking if you can use the parts or there's something else other than the message? I'd greatly appreciate that

Ok. Thanks. One of the best mods! Maybe for your next mod, you can make Harrier parts? :)2.jpg

4 minutes ago, Skywalket said:

Ok. Thanks. One of the best mods! Maybe for your next mod, you can make Harrier parts? :)

That's actually not the worst idea. I'm in grad school now, so I have very little time, but I too find the lack of practical VTOL dedicated parts disturbing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.