KSP SOLAR PANELS BLOCKED BY THE SUN

The_TwistedTaco

Hello, I recently got some add-ons and it saying that THE SOLAR PANELS ARE BEING BLOCKED BY THE SUN. earlier, it said that it was in direct sunlight, but that was a couple days ago. since then I have got some more add-ons, and now they are getting blocked by the sun, which is supposed to be MAKING the power for the panels. SOMEBODY, PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT IS CAUSING THIS TO HAPPEN!!! sorry i cant post an image right now

Edited by The_TwistedTaco

mods installed:

modulemanager

communityresourcepack

interstellar extended

SSTU

KIS

KAS

Infernal Robotics

near future (props, propulsion, launch vehicles, electrical, spacecraft)

planetary base inc

SpaceY heavy lifters

SpaceY extended

B9 aerospace

Deepfreeze continued 

mechjeb2

REKT escape pods

albecure warp drive

kerbal atomics

OPT

community category kit

i suspect it is interstellar extended since that changes stuff with solar things but the mod creator isn't sure that is the problem

I'd recommend moving KSPI and NF folders somewhere outside your GameData folder and then adding them one by one until you locate which one is causing trouble.

You will need a fresh save for testing of course, don't try to resume an existing one without mods it was started with, or it is likely to break.

15 hours ago, The_TwistedTaco said:

NEVER MIND IT IS STILL BEING BLOCKED BY SUN. so, is it near future electrical? if so, I can remove it, I don't really use that mod anyways...

Near Future Electrical does not modify solar panels in any way, shape, or form, nor does it provide any custom solar panels itself. I would be very surprised if removing it changes anything. :P 

Your first order of business should be to test with many different solar panels, both stock and modded, ideally from different mods. Does the problem happen with all of them, or just some?
A.) Just some of them: find out which mod they are from, and inquire in the mod thread if this is a known issue with a known solution, or if you can work together with other users or the author to try and track it down.
B.) All of them: here you will need to start testing yourself by removing large gameplay conversion mods (like KSP Interstellar) and other things which may not play nice with solar panels (like Kopernicus, but you don't seem to have that installed).

17 hours ago, The_TwistedTaco said:

yes, i have KSP extrasolar installed.

Then I am betting that is the cause.

To attempt to solve it on my install, I cobbled together an MM patch that applies an intensity curve (I copied from the newest master branch of GPP on Github) to all items in my GameData folder that have "Template = Sun" and at first look, it seems to take care of it...

(that, and I shamefully removed Grannus from my install of GPP/GPP_Secondary)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.