Maritime pack

Jaeleth

Hi.

I just downloaded the maritime pack mod to try to find some parts that would have a higher pressure threshold than default (4000kpa, aka 40 atmospheres). But, curiously, even the batiscafe part has a 4000kpa threshold... Isn't this weird? A batiscafe was designed to go to the Marianna Trench, in the Pacific, where the pressure reaches around 1100 atmospheres, that's "just" 110000 kpa !!!!

Wouldn't it be nice to overhaul this? :)

AESaae

11 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

You can do this!

Get MM, and write up a simple patch that changes the part's pressure threshhold to 1200kpa!

There is a guide written up here: https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Handbook

You meant, 12000 kpa ;). For Venus, at least, I do not know what's the max pressure on ocean deep in Kerbin. In Earth it should be the aforementioned 110000kpa if RSS is correct at that point.

Thanks for the tip, and link, I was editing a few parts I needed myself, increasing pressure, weight, and cost. 

Pressure 3x default

Initial cost roughly 1.25x default

Purchase cost 2x default

Mass 2x default

Then, added a small red dot somewhere on the parts texture to know it's the High Pressure version.

Edited by Jaeleth

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.