[1.3.1] Imperial Planet Pack v0.6 [Alpha]

That's good to hear :) 

Update on the Thanatos disappearing bug: fixed that, so the update will be out soon - the only things left to sort out are a few problems with Theristis's textures (there are mountains at the poles which look really strange and there are seams in them) and EVE configs for Thanatos will have to be released later, as the person who provided them to me (see credits) is currently evacuating because of the hurricane (unless I figure EVE out in the next couple hours)

This is the gist of what Thanatos's colouration is like 

VERSION 0.2 IS RELEASED!

Changelog:

-Made the inner portion of Apollo's ring smoother
-Added a shadow on Apollo's ring
-Made the inner radius of the ring 2000km instead of 3000km
-Added Thanatos, the replacement for Eve
-Cleaned up texture directory for Apollo
-Removed the strange-looking 'outer ring' in Apollo's ring
-Fixed the blue-ness of Apollo's atmosphere from space (made it red)
-Updated licencing
-Bundled dependencies with the default mod files

Cheers!

also,

@JadeOfMaar considering that both GPP and IPP replace all the stock planets, I'm not sure if they'd be compatible in the first place, though the FlightGlobalsIndex should prevent that from happening, right?

Edited by The Cuttlefish Empire

7 minutes ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

considering that both GPP and IPP replace all the stock planets, I'm not sure if they'd be compatible in the first place

You have a point there. But GPP has an answer to that. We've been asked quite enough about compatibility with other packs.

It probably would be compatible, as long as the Kerbin replacement on one end is disabled. However, I also feel that the RAM usage by the two packs (with IPP in its mostly complete form, that is) would exceed the limits of most people - and as of right now Leto is a lore object, though the configs and textures are still stored in the files. The plan is to revive it for v0.2.5, though it doesn't make much sense that Leto would exist in the first place, so I'll probably just keep it a bit of an easter egg :3

I'll start thinking about improving compatibility with other mods once it's in beta, but until then, this mod will not likely be used alongside others, so I'll work on that when the time comes.

Also, if any issues are had with either Thanatos or Theristis, make sure to let me know.

10 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Not sure if you're just trolling by this point. :D 

Asclepius is actually Apollos son. So if this is a Greek god themed planet pack it makes total sense...

(I thought I picked an obscure enough demi-god for my planet :D )

Cool planet pack! I really like the deep red sunset.

I could write a compatibility patch for Asclepius so that it can be moved around to fit in with your Imperial planet pack.  If or when there was any interest in that sort of thing...seems to be OK right now.

I checked it out, and messed around a bit with the rings on Apollo.  It still goes transparent when the sun shines through though.

OxtlElT.jpg

Hope that helps.

Edited by MrChumley
Apollo ring

@MrChumley yeah, that's one of the known issues I'm currently working on fixing. As for the planet named Asclepius...agh

why

lol

Also, thanks for the ring config - though since Kopernicus uses the American spellings, shouldnt it be "color"? 

Edited by The Cuttlefish Empire

41 minutes ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

@MrChumley

Also, thanks for the ring config - though since Kopernicus uses the American spellings, shouldnt it be "color"? 

Actually I don't think that line is doing anything at all... Queen's English or not :confused: 

Spoiler

Bd4tTPc.jpg

I totally commented out that color line of code, didn't seem to do anything.  The funny colors are because I opened up Photoshop and drew some lines on Apollo's ring.PNG 

V0.2.5 of IPP is released!

Changelog
-Added Lycania, a subsatellite orbiting Theristis
-Added a brown, polar ring for Theristis
-Added a very thin ring around Thanatos of the same colour
-Added EVE configs for Thanatos
-Updated the description of Thanatos
-Cleaned up texture directory of Apollo
-Renamed mod file to "ImperialPlanetPack" rather than "planetreplacer"

15 hours ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

V0.2.5 of IPP is released!

Changelog
-Added Lycania, a subsatellite orbiting Theristis
-Added a brown, polar ring for Theristis
-Added a very thin ring around Thanatos of the same colour
-Added EVE configs for Thanatos
-Updated the description of Thanatos
-Cleaned up texture directory of Apollo
-Renamed mod file to "ImperialPlanetPack" rather than "planetreplacer"

Cool!

On 9/10/2017 at 9:49 PM, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

Sneak peek of the EVE configs for Thanatos :D

Also, I will try to sort out the rings-disappearing-in-atmo thing soon

Wait...is that Stellaris music I hear!? Oh well, I guess the EVE config does look stellar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.