Jump to content

[1.3.1] Imperial Planet Pack v0.6 [Alpha]


Recommended Posts

Figured out how to replace Kerbin, not too bad so far I suppose

Not the best obviously, and it looks quite strange from the surface, but, well, it exists, so there's something to be said for that :D

Since Luna and Selene also exist as of right now, I will probably release v0.3 very soon, as soon as I figure out all major bugs.

Screenshot_224.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 0.3 will be out soon. Just need to sort out a couple ocean scatterer issues, and after that the replacement for Duna, Ares, will grace your game :) 

v0.3.5 will be out soon after. It will add Ike's replacement, Stratos - I have a semi working version up, but, well, I'm not entirely happy with it, so I'll refrain from its release for now :P 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

Version 0.3 will be out soon. Just need to sort out a couple ocean scatterer issues, and after that the replacement for Duna, Ares, will grace your game :) 

v0.3.5 will be out soon after. It will add Ike's replacement, Stratos - I have a semi working version up, but, well, I'm not entirely happy with it, so I'll refrain from its release for now :P 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 0.3 of Imperial Planet Pack is released!
Changelog:
-Increased SMA of Apollo
-Added Ares, the Duna replacement
-Added Terra, the Kerbin replacement
-Added Luna, the Mun replacement
-Added Selene, the Minmus replacement
-Added Scatterer configs for all planets

Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

Version 0.3 of Imperial Planet Pack is released!
Changelog:
-Increased SMA of Apollo
-Added Ares, the Duna replacement
-Added Terra, the Kerbin replacement
-Added Luna, the Mun replacement
-Added Selene, the Minmus replacement
-Added Scatterer configs for all planets

Cheers!

Excellent progress, keep it up!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_349.png

this is the current replacement for Vall, Insula - an islandy, cold world with an equatorial band of life. The water in the oceans is filled with salt and other compounds that prevent it from freezing at normal levels, which is why the oceans are even at polar climates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

Screenshot_349.png

this is the current replacement for Vall, Insula - an islandy, cold world with an equatorial band of life. The water in the oceans is filled with salt and other compounds that prevent it from freezing at normal levels, which is why the oceans are even at polar climates.

Amazing! However, I think you should really bring out the “equatorial holdout of life” you mention, i.e a green band at the equator. Nice work though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

Well, in order to commemorate the whole "leaving Pre-Alpha" thing, I have decided to create some promotional images, hope you like them :)

Main image:

Screenshot_378.png

Others: 

Screenshot_381.png

Screenshot_382.png

Screenshot_383.png

Screenshot_384.png

Excellent! I especially like Apollo's huge rings!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Screenshot_390.png

No matter what I do, unless I export with Kittopia, it seems to be shiny. No clue why. Also, the scatterer itself is quite blue so it makes the desert look white....but since I don't want to get bogged down I'll work on the Pol replacement. Sorry about this, but hopefully it won't bother anyone too much.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 0.4 Alpha of Imperial Planet Pack has been released!
Changelog:

-Added Kyvernitis, the new Jool
-Added Erimos, the new Laythe
-Added Insula, the new Vall
-Added Nova, the new Tylo
-Added Saghir, the new Pol
-Made minor improvements to all textures
-Made Stratos a little less weird looking
-Fixed EVE configs for all bodies

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

Version 0.4 Alpha of Imperial Planet Pack has been released!
Changelog:

-Added Kyvernitis, the new Jool
-Added Erimos, the new Laythe
-Added Insula, the new Vall
-Added Nova, the new Tylo
-Added Saghir, the new Pol
-Made minor improvements to all textures
-Made Stratos a little less weird looking
-Fixed EVE configs for all bodies

Cool! Amazing how far you’ve gotten.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I fixed the shininess issue. The theory for the next update is that Hades (new Eeloo) with its moon Pagomenos(?) will be out, along with a redo of Saghir and the not-shiny Nova will be a thing, but this is liable to change

 

Edit: WOW saghir had more bugs than i thought it did, will be fixing for 0.5....sorry, I made it in the space of 10 minutes to see if I could make a planet of similar effort to Pol in a short time....so yeah sorry about that. It's currently a bit...weird....might wanna stay away from it for the time being. It seems to complete at least one rotation every 30 seconds because I misplaced the config node which determines that....

Edited by The Cuttlefish Empire
saghir is badly made
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alrighty then, Saghir is...basically fixed. The texture I will be remaking at some point since I don't like noise but it was an attempt to recreate Pol, which looks noise-y. It may be some time before I actually do something particularly nice for Saghir.

Anyway, the main topic of this post: what would you all like for Hades? or its moon, Pagomenos?

Hades poll: http://www.strawpoll.me/14285360

Pagomenos poll:  http://www.strawpoll.me/14285350

 

Both polls can choose multiple answers, so feel free to answer with whatever feature(s) you'd like to see :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

Alrighty then, Saghir is...basically fixed. The texture I will be remaking at some point since I don't like noise but it was an attempt to recreate Pol, which looks noise-y. It may be some time before I actually do something particularly nice for Saghir.

Anyway, the main topic of this post: what would you all like for Hades? or its moon, Pagomenos?

Hades poll: http://www.strawpoll.me/14285360

Pagomenos poll:  http://www.strawpoll.me/14285350

 

Both polls can choose multiple answers, so feel free to answer with whatever feature(s) you'd like to see :) 

Hades should have a thin atmosphere it it does get one (thicker than Pluto’s though)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

Hades should have a thin atmosphere it it does get one (thicker than Pluto’s though)

Yeah, it's going to have an atmosphere that's pretty thin. The Hades poll has decided that it shall be an icy planet, with no life, and maybe a few lakes here and there but I don't think I'll do that, and for Pagomenos, until someone decides between terran and asteroid, I will leave open

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...