Should LEGO release KSP-themed sets?

Chel

Should LEGO release KSP-themed sets?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should LEGO release KSP-themed sets?

• Yes
    • No

What Lego should or shouldn't do isn't really up to us. I would like to see more space themed sets in general, though. 

Licensing KSP may not be the easiest thing, and whether or not they'd do it would depend on if they get any money off of it. Would be cool, for sure.

17 hours ago, munlander1 said:

I would find that building things would be even more difficult then the average Lego set in stability (something that works in ksp would fall or be prone to falling after moving slightly 

Well if Lego made a set of the Saturn V, then they can make a set of the Kerbal X. I'm imagining a 'Jeb's First Rocket' set, with an SRB and a Mk1 Command Pod.

Just now, Gaarst said:

The Saturn V is a tad more iconic than the Kerbal X.

Yes. I was pointing out that building a Lego Kerbal X is not as near enough challenging as building a Saturn V (which they have already done).

I suspect that Lego is going to be very conservative for the next couple of years. They just announced that they are laying off 8% of their global workforce (1400 jobs) in response to poor sales figures. Ref. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/business/lego-sales-toys.html, (or if you consider The New York Times to be "fake news", Ref. http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/09/05/lego-to-cut-8-percent-its-staff-as-sales-drop.html)

Wasn't there some kind of vote or kickstarter type thing a few years ago for exactly this? Nothing ever came of it I guess.

I remember having some wonderful lego sets of the Saturn V, the ISS and maybe the space shuttle as well. It would be nice for them to bring something like that back rather than be some KSP licensed stuff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.