Main color instead of texture

I swear to god upgrading Unity and to the new part tools is the WORST idea I've ever had.

Now... it doesn't matter what texture I give a part it imports into KSP with the Unity main color with the texture over it.

I have restarted unity.  I've deleted all my .obj files and reexported them,.  I've created all new textures.   I select KSP diffuse and whatever that main color is below it is the color the part comes out as.  It's like it's setting the shader to KSP unlit.

Why?

Perhaps a better explanation...

I select KSP/Diffuse in Unity.  I place my texture, which is NOT apha in any way, into the shader.

Whatever the 'Main Color' is in Unity, that's the color my part gets set to in KSP

The texture appears over it very lightly as if it's only 20% alpha.

If I set the main color to red, the part in KSP comes out red with the WHITE texture alpha over it.

Edited by Fengist

I think I found the solution and if I did, it's stupid.

I use Fireworks to edit my textures.  The .png's it exports can have a solid background or a transparent one.  If I used transparent the last image I saved, it defaults to transparent.  Now, even if my textures are opaque but the background is transparent, Unity, or KSP's diffuse texture, thinks it's transparent and even sets the opaque areas to transparent.

Yea, doesn't make sense to me.

strange, because with the KSP diffuse shader, the transparency layer of your png (if there is one: RGBA instead of just RGB), is not used as transparency but for shininess ( see some stock textures for examples).
but again without screenshots or more info it's hard to help you.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.