German translation

The localisation was originally meant to include 9 languages, which were probably Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, and two other languages that I don't remember being mentioned/announced (maybe Arab, Italian or Polish, choose two).

At one point the five latter languages kinda disappeared from the developers updates and 1.3 was released with only Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Spanish, and the other languages were still not mentioned.

I guess German will come at some point, but we don't have any information.

I'd really like to do something like that. I found myself struggling to talk to my friends about spaceflight in german as I play the game in english and always write and read about it here in english. I found myself speaking a mixture of german and english wich is always a bit ... emberassing. 

I'm always on the hunt for the right german expressions.

Speaking of wich: How would you translate the word "node"?

1 hour ago, Physics Student said:

I'd really like to do something like that. I found myself struggling to talk to my friends about spaceflight in german as I play the game in english and always write and read about it here in english. I found myself speaking a mixture of german and english wich is always a bit ... emberassing. 

I'm always on the hunt for the right german expressions.

Speaking of wich: How would you translate the word "node"?

Knoten

I'm wondering, wasn't there a community translation effort going on? I think the localisation files are in the clear so anyone can add their own. I have done translations of mods in the past and it always has been great fun. Isn't there even a German section in the forum?

Edited by Three_Pounds

There used to be one. But before proper support for localisation was added. It has since fallen into disrepair.

If someone starts a German translation project, I'll be glad to help.

edit:

There is a project. I'll see if I can contribute something to it.

Edited by Three_Pounds

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.