[1.9.1] LanderCan Mk12 v4.0

MacLuky

Why and how

After observing subway commuters during rush hour our lead engineer figured out how to add 2 more seats to the interior.

Imgur Album

iopiKIO.png

https://imgur.com/a/Cyxuh

resBFjP.png

Grab it here

https://spacedock.info/mod/1520/LanderCanMk12

Source and stuff

Will eventually be merged with main MacLuky Space Solution branch.

Edited by MacLuky

Originally I wanted to add one additional seat, but there was so much space inside. There is a slightly brighter and scratched new texture for the outside as well, but for some reason I can't get ksp to load it when cloning the model.

Edited by MacLuky

6 minutes ago, MacLuky said:

Originally I wanted to add one additional seat, but there was so much space inside. There is a slightly brighter and scratched new texture for the outside as well, but for some reason I can't get ksp to load it when cloning the model.

Copy the model into a new folder, and then have the new texture be in the folder with it. It should see that texture and load it instead.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Copy the model into a new folder, and then have the new texture be in the folder with it. It should see that texture and load it instead.

Thanks for the tip, indeed that may work, I just hoped to figure out module manager and reuse existing models and replace the textures rather than copy paste of squad models. (better make a new model then) 

Just now, MacLuky said:

Thanks for the tip, indeed that may work, I just hoped to figure out module manager and reuse existing models and replace the textures rather than copy paste of squad models. (better make a new model then) 

Eh, nothing wrong with reusing the model. if you're trying to MM it you'd need to switch from using mesh= to the MODEL { } node, since then you can replace textures using that. I think the wiki has something about it?

• 2 years later...

This is awesome!  Thanks for update.

Many Muns ago I wondered if it was possible to get a two seat version.  Whilst I realise that I can edit the cfg file to 'remove' the possibility, I've never had success at editing the IVA.

Would it be possible to have two models in the download please?

Peace.

1 hour ago, COL.R.Neville said:

iva's are separate models that go inside the existing outer shell. look in the squad spaces folder for lots of examples. 

I realise.  This mod duplicate's the mk1 lander can part model and provides a new IVA.  It would be a case for the IVA to be edited to remove one of extra seat's but although I've tried installed unity and blender and messing about I have literally no idea what or how I am doing, hence my request. :)

I ended up with 2 slightly different copies of the part, that can't be normal, right? 

EDIT: it only seem to be duplicated in research, only shows up once in the editors.

Spoiler

XkXlD0P.jpg

bWFXNVl.jpg

Edited by vardicd

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

I ended up with 2 slightly different copies of the part, that can't be normal, right? 

EDIT: it only seem to be duplicated in research, only shows up once in the editors.

Hide contents

XkXlD0P.jpg

bWFXNVl.jpg

Are you running CTT as well?

Just downloaded @MacLuky, and the issue @vardicd is having I think is because you have a two cfg files that contain respectively a PART and a +PART that are named the same, in the same tech tree node.

I'm assuming the old.cfg is for existing craft in saves?  If so, i think it could be deleted for new saves. 

Peace.

3 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I'm assuming the old.cfg is for existing craft in saves?  If so, i think it could be deleted for new saves. 

I assumed the same thing, but I discovered that for some reason, deleting one of the configs causes the part to not show up in game, or if deleting the other, causes the part to show up with missing modules.

On 2/16/2020 at 9:42 PM, theJesuit said:

This is awesome!  Thanks for update.

Many Muns ago I wondered if it was possible to get a two seat version.  Whilst I realise that I can edit the cfg file to 'remove' the possibility, I've never had success at editing the IVA.

Would it be possible to have two models in the download please?

Peace.

Technically yes, I wanted to replace the second seat with some Eva suits but can’t find the energy to figure out the entire tool chain again 

22 hours ago, vardicd said:

@MacLuky A question for clarity, if I may, does this replace the stock lander can, or create a duplicate? Just want to be clear on if it will affect craft I have in flight with the landercan on it, or not. 

It should create a copy

14 hours ago, vardicd said:

Hide contents

XkXlD0P.jpg

bWFXNVl.jpg

There should be two, one with 1 seat and later one with 3

5 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Just downloaded @MacLuky, and the issue @vardicd is having I think is because you have a two cfg files that contain respectively a PART and a +PART that are named the same, in the same tech tree node.

Peace.

Yes that should be deleted. Curse OS X for hiding extensions it looks like .old to me

Thanks for debugging! Will fix

9 minutes ago, MacLuky said:

There should be two, one with 1 seat and later one with 3

yeah it's only in the R+D screen that there's 2 of the 3 seat variety. I don't know why it shows up twice in the R+D screen, but in the VAB/SPH there's only 1 3 seat and 1 single seat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@MacLuky do you still maintain this mod? It has 8 dependencies in CKAN. Maybe you could check it.

Also, it's marked 1.8.1 here but 1.9.0 on SpaceDock and in CKAN, however, some of its dependencies are down to 1.7.

That aside, it's a nice mod, so thanks for making it. 

Maybe the Mk12 could be stretched from 1.875 meters to 2.5 to make it more balanced, but I understand your reasoning in giving it 3 seats.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.