Roads to Duna: No Moar Boosters (UPDATES!)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting ready to take this on, with a plan that would put me in 3rd place for low weight score if I read everything correctly. 

I see a 6% bonus for using an identical launch vehicle, is there any bonus for keeping that LV reusable? (Rocket SSTO that will deorbit after rendezvous and land near KSC, having lost only the fairing). I know it's short of the Elon Style bonus but an additional feature beyond just using copies of the LV...

*edit*

Currently my max payload/module size in 5.498t, all 5 components are similar mass, and should qualify for Old School, Slow Climb, Stayin' Alive, Loop the loop, Consistency, good sir, Justin Cause, and They see me Rollin'. Do all the command/hab modules need to be connected or can other components be placed between them?

Edited by PhoenixRise86

• 3 weeks later...

I was following the Reddit challenge after seeing Matt Lowne do it. Which challenge came first, then.

Anyway, here was a response to the Reddit edition:

I believe this qualifies for the base challenge, plus:

• Old School: No nukes or ions, especially since a single LV-N exceeds the launch capacity by one tonne by itself.
  • Consistency, Good Sir: Same launch vehicle used, re-used, and serviced on the runway for good measure.

Mods: EVA Transfer used as the only part mod, though I could have used the Klaw on that tanker. Ferram Aerospace used for the launcher, though the craft itself is Stock. Duna Restoration Project used just for a better looking Duna.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some questions. Points considered per launches from Kerbin or per sent load to Duna? If my transfer vehicle does not go to Duna whether it is considered the payload? For example: I fly to Duna without building the reference orbit, ie I do maneuver right after leaving atmothpere. And after maneuver I undock transfer vechile. This vechile is payload? It does not go to Duna. Sorry for my English :) I am from Ukraine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.