Leaving but not leaving

Glitchgamer12

Should I post daily updates here?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should I post daily updates here?

• Yes, daily
    • Yes, weekly
    • No, keep it in your PFP

I'm challenging myself to leave the computer for 4 months. (Because I beleave games are good hobbies. but it's not life, just an "addon" if you get what I mean But during that time I will still post updates on my iPad (hopefully) each day. Also to make it fair I deleted all my games on my iPad as well.(maby except candy crush....) You can get updates from my profile if you are interested in how it goes. If anyone wants to attempt this too they are welcome! So far my goal is 4 months. So wish me luck!

Edited by Glitchgamer12
Added a small detail.

I won't be able to leave computers. How in the hell I'm supposed to work on things ?

Also, leaving while spamming the forum games before, that's not a plan that works well.

Edited by YNM

Probly will happen to me after 1 week lol :D although I deleted my games :/ 

5 hours ago, NSEP said:

I tried this too but instead i played on my ipad 24/7 so yeh.

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

A futile attempt to escape from the future.

Skynet will remember everybody.

Also I am not running away from the future. Because I was addicted to video games, I wanted to clear my mind for awhile.

Edited by Glitchgamer12

Our family gave up video games for the month of August, it's not that difficult, and I think if's a healthy thing to do every once in a while. We read more, played a lot of board games together, took a vacation with no screens whatsoever (even my wife and I turned our phones off for a week <GASP>). It was really nice. I highly recommend it.

9 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Our family gave up video games for the month of August, it's not that difficult, and I think if's a healthy thing to do every once in a while. We read more, played a lot of board games together, took a vacation with no screens whatsoever (even my wife and I turned our phones off for a week <GASP>). It was really nice. I highly recommend it.

Finally someone who agrees!

19 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Our family gave up video games for the month of August, it's not that difficult, and I think if's a healthy thing to do every once in a while.

That's the middle of vacation. You're entitled to.

Also, is leaving off computer involves leaving off the .net or any other device with OS ?

Edited by YNM

We left off video games for the entire month. I was still on the Internet, my wife was still on Facebook (although she's been gradually tapering that off for a while now as a separate thing). However, when we went on vacation for a week, we left all the screens home. No computers, no TV, no iPad, no Kindle, nothing. My wife and I brought our phones in case of emergency, but we left them turned off.

I usually take a rest from displays travelling in Skyrim with flora&fauna mods.
No displays, smartphones, pip-boys or instant messengers around.
Fresh air, green forest, easy people. I even farm plants (what I was h8ing irl).
Even when the easy people make problems, I have an argument, they — don't.

Initially a big problem were spiders, whom I h8 even moar than irl farming, but an insecticide solved this problem (unless I bring several small ones with mods).

(Not a commercial).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.