Alternis Kerbol Travelling Circus -- Episode 34: Over the Hills and Far Away

Geschosskopf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 10:26 AM, Geschosskopf said:

Yup.  In Alternis Kerbol, Eve is yellow and has rings but no moon (Gilly is a comet).  According to the info in the tracking station, it's got 1.12x Kerbin's gravity and many times the atmospheric pressure, more or less like stock.  The main purpose of EE-1 is just to have a good look at the place.  I don't have much desire to do much at such a planet, but I want to see the sights and get the Science!

BTW, I prefer Bagel Rabbit's "Eve" song.  It has much more misery and despair in it :wink:  Besides, Venus isn't a "bringer of peace".  In ancient Mesoamerica, Venus was regarded as a baneful war deity associated with the sacking of cities and the fall of dynasties.  Due to the climate of that region, Venus is brightest during the campaigning season.

There is one part of Eve that may be of some interest.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Lithobrake said:

One advantage to those airships is that they wouldn't burn, as the atmosphere of venus is lacking inn oxygen.

Yes, but they would disintegrate because of the sulfuric acid, and they would have to be capable of flight in sustained category 5 hurricane winds.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

All those kerbals dying and their dying ceremony is sad..... but I am having fun too!! Does that make me evil?? :unsure:

Welcome to the forums! We have fun with the story too, but that doesn't make us evil... right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.