Mexico Earthquake 8 Sep 17 and again 19 Sep 17

theJesuit

We are all fine (and our families) and operating normally after the Earthquake that hit Mexico last night. Mexico City was largely unaffected, but unfortunately other states in the south of the country weren’t that lucky. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

From the KSP Weekly. 

4 hours ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

I love how I heard about this on the forums, not an actual news source. 

Maybe I should actually watch the news.

Good luck to those affected. 

While there are several real-time sites available on the web, here is the USGS link; It updates like every 30 seconds.
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @SQUAD,

Woke up to news of the 7.1 only 100 or so kms from Mexico City.

My own experience in Christchurch several years ago helped me understand what it is like when massive aftershocks come through and how unsettling they are.  We have a saying in New Zealand from the Maori language: 'Kia kaha' which means 'stay strong' or 'stay resilient'. [pronounced in English: key-ar kar-har].  I pray that your families and friends are safe.

Peace be upon you and kia kaha.

I think Earth is trying to kill North America. Hurricanes, earthquakes,  and wildfires. It's like the Seven Plagues. I hope everyone is safe.

I'd also like to point out that I felt some vibration around 3:15 or 3:30 EST, not sure if it's related or just some coincidence. Maybe it was the USMC at Quantico. 

57 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I pray that your families and friends are safe.

Briefly chatted with @Badie just now.  It sounds as though there's a lot of damage all over the place, but everyone at Squad is safe (though they kinda have their hands full at the moment).

Best wishes for their continued safety, keeping fingers crossed that aftershocks won't be too bad.

10 minutes ago, Snark said:

Briefly chatted with @Badie just now.  It sounds as though there's a lot of damage all over the place, but everyone at Squad is safe (though they kinda have their hands full at the moment).

Best wishes for their continued safety, keeping fingers crossed that aftershocks won't be too bad.

That is great news, glad everyone there is safe!

Edited by Just Jim

7.1 Magnitude... many buildings collapsed. At least 48 dead and the number is changing rapidly. The quake was centered SE of Mexico City in Puebla near Izucar de Matamoros (star on map).

6yQZWhW.png

Edited by ansaman

52 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

The thread has been moved to the Lounge, as it's about Squad, not the KSP game itself.

I too hope that everyone in Mexico City is OK, especially since this is the second quake in a month.

There's 2 threads running on this. You should merge them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.