The Worst War

Designer225

ba9Razj.png

One assassination. One war. A changed world.

===== Table of Contents =====

Prologue: Powder Keg

Chapter 1: Mobilization

Chapter 2: Home by Kerbmas

Chapter 3: ?????

===== Reserved =====

===== Other Notes =====

I'm taking a break from the "working title" story because an important mod is stuck in 1.2.2, and I've updated to 1.3, so I have to wait while the mod gets updated.

In the meantime, I'm starting on a new storyline. It is based on the real-life World War I, but historical accuracy takes a backseat here. Many of the elements pertaining WWI still exists, but the storyline is slightly different.

Unlike the "working title" series, this writing is a post-war account of the war from several perspectives. All combatants will get at least a chapter all to themselves.

Suffice to say, there will be death and suffering.

Edited by Designer225

41 minutes ago, Designer225 said:

Suffice to say, there will be death and suffering.

If it's even loosely based on WW1, then yeah, this is pretty much mandatory. ;.;

I've spent a lot of time studying the Great War, I look forward to your take on it.

Prologue: Powder Keg

===== February 13, Y1 - Manleyville, Kethinian Federation =====

Ajwa5K8.png

===== February 27, Y1 - Noenna, Norungia =====

"This is unacceptable!" Said Norungian Emperor Ferdinand to the ambassador to Nerbus. "Either they surrender, or else!"

"But my liege!" replied the ambassador. "We can't risk a war! We will bring the wrath of the Kruillians onto us!"

"Not if we wipe Nerbus off the map first!" answered the Emperor.

"It's still a bad idea, my liege," argued the ambassador. "It was only one militant doing things out of Nerbus Government's hand. We must not-"

Emperor Ferdinand interjected: "We gave them one chance to avoid the bloodshed. They refused. We must show the might of the empire! To war!"

"My liege!" the ambassador hopelessly resisted.

===== March 1, Y1 - from Kosovo, Kruillic Empire =====

Dear Emperor of Norungia,

We have been notified of your wish to declare war on Nerbus. Please reconsider.

As an ally of Nerbus, we have an obligation to defend them at all cost. Please beware that any hostile actions in Nerbian territory will constitute a cause for a declaration of war from us.

We do not want the war to happen. Please reconsider your decision. We wish to resolve the issue diplomatically.

Best,

Aleskander III, Tsar of Kruillic Empire

===== March 3, Y1 - from Noenna, Norungia =====

Dear Tsar of Kruillic Empire,

We share your concerns. Unfortunately, the issue is simply too urgent for us to back down.

We are open to diplomatic table, but only if you could rein your friend in.

Best,

Ferdinand IV, Emperor of Norungian Union

===== March 5, Y1 - from Kosovo, Kruillic Empire =====

Dear Emperor of Norungia,

We regrettably declares war on Norungian Union in defense of our ally Nerbus.

We hope that the war will be brief and that we will return to diplomatic table.

Best,

Aleskander III, Tsar of Kruillic Empire

===== By March 15, Y1 - the world =====

y0ZZ9N8.png

Offscreen: Manchester Commonwealth, Sicily, Kethinian Federation. Allied Powers are in blue, Central Powers in yellow, and neutral countries in green. 

Not long after, the war was in motion. This had to do with the labyrinth of the treaty system of the time.

The Sontaaw Empire solidified its alliance with the Norungians, and both entered a tentative alliance with Sicily. Sicily, however, decided to sit out of the war, for the time being.

However, the Sontaaw let its alliance with Krullica expire, allowing Lorraine, which Sontaaw defeated a while ago, to ally with Kruillica, meaning Sontaaw was now surrounded by both sides. Lorraine also ended de facto hostilities with Manchester Commonwealth,  and by the war started had entered into a tentative, but secret, alliance.

Angered by the refusal of Nerbus to surrender its sovereignty (of all things), Norungian Union declared war on them, prompting Kruillican Empire to defend them. In response, Sontaaw Empire declared war on them as well. This drew Lorraine into war as well. (The Sontaaw also drew themselves in a corner by declaring war on Lorraine first rather than wait for a declaration, basically locking themselves to a two-front war earlier than they should.) Now Sontaaw had to fight a two front war. Meanwhile, Norungia was exasperated that Sicily did not enter war as dictated by their "alliance,"  and began seeking help elsewhere. Finally, Manchester was increasingly worried about the situation, as Jenson - not yet at war - was one of their allies and was poised to be attacked.

Almost all of the major powers stood to gain something. The Lorranians were itching to repay the Sontaaw what they got handed. The Sontaaw were ready to break the will of their enemies. The Norungians were ready to teach the Nerbians a lesson. The Kruillians were ready to regain whatever prestige they lost to the Honshuai a decade ago. Nerbus was ready to defend its sovereignty. And the Mancunians were ready to show the world who's the boss.

The situation would only get worse before it gets better.

===== Side note =====

The whole prologue is a lot less gentleman-ly than it seems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.