Ahoy KSP.

Pulbah

I have boarded the KSP forum and was looking for advice on where to procure a copy of KSP for my 2015 imac. I would like to buy it from KSP, but that will not be possible just yet. Who would be better of the two I know of STEAM or GOG.  Or is there another choice?

pulbah

Welcome.  Prepare to learn alot while having loads of fun. 

I got my copy from Steam. Its currently 40% off for a few more hours:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/220200/Kerbal_Space_Program/

Some people dislike Steam on principle, some people like GOG on principle as well.   I like the lightning fast donloads I get from steam, and the ability to broadcast my gameplay to friends from within steam, and the built in screenshot uploading and display functions. Your mileage (kilometerage?) may vary.

Thank you klesh, I have made use of the 40% discount on Steam and will be using my new KSP players guide to help me get started. Thank you again for your prompt advice which has helped me to join sooner than expected. 

Awesome! Keep us posted about your progress and tell us if you run into any issues. There is a lot to learn about KSP and hopefully it'll open your eyes to a new host of interests and fields of science and engineering you had no idea even existed. The forums are full of resources, guides and tricks so be sure to search around and you'll fin plenty to keep you going. :)

Normally I would recommend GOG, but you can't beat the 40% off.  Welcome!  I paid full price ($40) at GOG, and frankly, it's the only game I feel I under paid for.  The second you feel you're getting a little burned out on it, you go grab yet another mod and it's suddenly a new game.

Yes I wanted to buy it directly off KSP, but that will not be available for a few months yet. I was going to wait, but as you say 40% discount is a goer. So far I have only been able to start reading the KSP players guide as daughter has just given birth to second grandson so things are a bit chaotic here at the moment. 

16 hours ago, Pulbah said:

Thank you.  For the next week or two both sides of the family will be meeting to see the newest member, Barney Dawson Cook. Then I must begin my learning curve of ESP. 

My first real accomplishment was a direct ascent crash landing into the Mun.  This was before I was even aware of the map view and just flew by the seat of Jeb's pants.

The learning curve isn't bad because it can be as curvy as you want.

Me to, but I kept getting the parachute opening as the rocket fired so I have had some unusual flight experiences. Then I discovered from the destructions that there is a thing called STAGES. OOPS.