Too Many Sentinel Scopes in the Tech Tree

KSP 1.3.0, Win 10

Bizarrely, I have 30-odd rows of the Sentinel IR Telescope in my Tech Tree and I think they're multiplying.  No other part exhibits this behaviour.  How do I cull the part spam?

Log here.  (Yes, I know about the Module Stager NRE spam - could they be related?)

Picture at https://imgur.com/GRlnwCA

GRlnwCA.png?1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cmdr Hawkeyez said:

Hi,

Wow this taxes my memory ... it is a generic bug as I recall. I think there were old forums here I dont know it was like back in the .90 days, even .24 something or other and that was a very stable release..

I just took a look at the game innards and there are many changes, and they use Unity 5. Also looked at the log file. Not sure about the above relation. All I can say is go back and add MODS in one by one as I see you have many; could be a MOD conflict not even related to the MOD in question so trial and error here. Watch your memory useage if the game goes above a certain limit bad things happen. The old forum had this discussion.

Thanks.

Odd still.  If it was a bug in 0.90 days, it was probably fixed since my forum search revealed no hits with likely keywords.  Also it's funny that it's applicable to only one stock part.  I may try the 1-by-1 mod installation to hunt it down but I was hoping there was a .sfs edit that I could try.  I'll keep searching.

Yes I'm having the same issue. Mines happening with Rover dudes mks karbonite parts. At first it happened with the stock tech tree and his klf-750 turbo prop engines. I then realized I needed the CTT and installed that and didn't fix the problem so I deleted my save and started anew. It appeared to fix it until I got the CTT unlocked to a certain point. First time poster here so I don't know how to upload the pictures I took with my phone. Maybe I have to try uploading them to my computer and then posting them from that.

So I'm wondering since it's happening to random parts ( unless you have karbonite installed too) that if it's related to the CTT? It looks like you have that installed as well. Just bouncing ideas off you guys so we can figure this out :kiss:

Yep, getting lots of turbo prop engines here too. Relevant to what was already posted, I also have installed Karbonite, CTT, but was wondering if you might be also using hide empty tech nodes installed? It's the only other thing I can think of that plays around in that area of the game.

7 hours ago, wile1411 said:

Yep, getting lots of turbo prop engines here too. Relevant to what was already posted, I also have installed Karbonite, CTT, but was wondering if you might be also using hide empty tech nodes installed? It's the only other thing I can think of that plays around in that area of the game.

Yup I have the hide unused tech tree nodes as well installed. Also the SETI unmanned before manned. I think that's all I have that modifies the tech tree.

18 hours ago, maja said:

@Brigadier You need to go to a save file and delete excess entries from that science node in the ResearchAndDevelopment scenario if it's the same situation as with USI Karbonite parts. In USI's case is problem caused by two parts with the same name (internal, not displayed name).

That addressed the symptoms, thanks.

I don't hide tech tree nodes and don't have SETI Unmanned installed.  You can see what I do have installed in the link to my log file in the OP.

Edited by Brigadier

@Brigadier yeah I know. I was responding to wile1411's post which I somehow bumped up to the top when I clicked the arrow in the upper left thinking that's how I pasted his post (which I now know is called quoting) Like I said, first time poster so I'm stumbling around learning on my phone how this all works. Glad to see what@maja said works I'll have to try it when I get home and see if I can fix mine as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.