Crashing on Launch

Hello,

First off, sorry if this has already been solved somewhere, as I have never posted here before.

Im a casual player of the game, never had issues with it in the past, updated the game last night, and noticed it crashing on launch.  I uninstalled the game, deleted all old files and reinstalled again.  Same crash on loading screen.  Looked at the log, said it might be running out of ram, so I tried using the 64 bit version.  same thing crashing on load.

Could someone take a look at this log and let me know whats up.  Maybe my computer no longer meets the minimum requirements?

Thanks for the help.

Log Files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6jmd14HRYP0SVhycklwRFd1NDA?usp=sharing

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Edited by curtisp

Welcome to the forum, curtisp. :) 

That being said, I'm sorry, but we had to remove the log file from your post. They are so large that they cause slow load times or even errors on the forum. Please upload the file to a sharing site and use the link they provide in your posts here. 

59 minutes ago, curtisp said:

Hello,

First off, sorry if this has already been solved somewhere, as I have never posted here before.

Im a casual player of the game, never had issues with it in the past, updated the game last night, and noticed it crashing on launch.  I uninstalled the game, deleted all old files and reinstalled again.  Same crash on loading screen.  Looked at the log, said it might be running out of ram, so I tried using the 64 bit version.  same thing crashing on load.

Could someone take a look at this log and let me know whats up.  Maybe my computer no longer meets the minimum requirements?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Error Log Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6jmd14HRYP0RUVyT3MyR1o4QW8/view?usp=sharing

Whilst crash dumps are interesting. need your Log files. Read this on where to find them:

11 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Whilst crash dumps are interesting. need your Log files. Read this on where to find them:

Sorry what files exactly are you looking for?  Are they the output_log.txt or player.log because im having a hard time finding those files according to the information provided in that post.  I have found the sub folders where they should live, but they do not appear to be in there for both KSP_DATA and KSP_x64_DATA

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you delete the entire KSP directory and then reinstall?

And, the log file would be very helpful

Yes, everything was deleted, emptied trash, restart computer, then reinstalled from Steam.  I could try again.  Also I have updated the post with a google drive link to the files.  Please let me know if there are missing files you would like to see.

4 minutes ago, curtisp said:

Yes, everything was deleted, emptied trash, restart computer, then reinstalled from Steam.  I could try again.  Also I have updated the post with a google drive link to the files.  Please let me know if there are missing files you would like to see.

Wrong files.

Please read this:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

We need the output_log.txt file

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Wrong files.

Please read this:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

We need the output_log.txt file

This file does not exist in the location specified in that post.  There are a number of "level” related files. resource files, sharedassets, and Managed, Mono, Plugins, Resources folders.  But no file called output_log.txt

edit: I have taken a screenshot and added it to the shared folder.

Edited by curtisp

The logs will be at one of the following locations (Windows):

• KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)
  • %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt

Replace the "KSP_win" or "KSP_win64" with the actual directory where the game is.

If you don't see them there, then copy the ENTIRE third line and paste it into the windows search

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The logs will be at one of the following locations (Windows):

• KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)
  • %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt

Replace the "KSP_win" or "KSP_win64" with the actual directory where the game is.

If you don't see them there, then copy the ENTIRE third line and paste it into the windows search

Ah thanks it was in the user profile.  Added to shard folder now.

1 minute ago, JPLRepo said:

FMOD sound driver failure. Do you have more than one sound device on your PC? Which one have you selected? Is it the right one?
Try updating your drivers for sound and GPU.
Also, yes a bit of info about your system specs might help.

Interesting, I did have an external sound card tho I have removed it.  I will try uninstalling its software and hopefully that helps.

As for PC info is there another file you would like access to, of info on windows I can send to you.

Currently running Windows 7

Intel Core 17-2600 cpu 3.40GHz 

Ram: 12 Gb

64 Bit Operating System

AMD Radeon HD 5700 

1 minute ago, JPLRepo said:

Edited by curtisp

Just now, JPLRepo said:

Ah, right. Yes, I would uninstall anything to do with the old sound card you removed.

Also, Check in sound settings in control panel. and that you have selected the correct audio output device as default.

Perfect will do, will uninstall, restart, check setting, then try starting the game.

crashed again.  hmm maybe I didn’t uninstall / change the setting correctly.  

Boom, got it to work.  Thanks :D

I forgot to disable to old card in device manager.

Game has booted.

11 minutes ago, curtisp said:

Perfect will do, will uninstall, restart, check setting, then try starting the game.

crashed again.  hmm maybe I didn’t uninstall / change the setting correctly.  

Boom, got it to work.  Thanks :D

I forgot to disable to old card in device manager.

Game has booted.

There ya go.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.