Kerbal Express Airlines - Regional Jet Challenge (Reboot)

Mjp1050

I had to use tweakscale.... and full auto strut, and normal autostrut, and too many struts to count. Welp, better get to work! Can I rephrase that: build it to fit inside the SPH

EDIT: as I'm booting up KSP, my craptop is melting through my desk trying to handle the monstrous load of stock 1.3..... lol. I'm gonna have a hard time beating that,

Edited by TheMadKraken2297

1 hour ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

build it to fit inside the SPH

Surprisingly, yes!

TFCa0Ie.png

2 hours ago, macktruck6666 said:

Make that huge wing out of stock parts without clipping or tweakscale and then you'll get an omg reaction from me.

Without tweakscale - certainly. Without clipping is harder...

23 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Ok, that settles it. This. Means. war. Bring it ON.

You bet. Latest still from test flights...

pNw1rh5.png

Needs still some work though. Having issues with takeoff and the existence of landing lights.

Just now, qzgy said:

You bet. Latest still from test flights...

pNw1rh5.png

Needs still some work though. Having issues with takeoff and the existence of landing lights.

Ok. How powerful is that PC? Do you have access to NASA supercomputers (not that they would be good for gaming but still)

33 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Ok. How powerful is that PC? Do you have access to NASA supercomputers (not that they would be good for gaming but still)

Uhhh..... i5-4690k overclocked to 4.2-4.3 ghz with a 1060 6gb? I mean, powerful, but not the beastiest thing ever. And no, but I wish I did. It actually is one of my less part intensive megabuilds (has around 1000 parts, my highest off hand is somewhere in maybe the 1800 range), but still enough to make it chug.

Thinking about it though, I am starting to feel sorry for the poor soul who will have to review this craft. I'm worried I might melt something...

Edit: If I do this again, I will probably grudgingly install tweakscale. Or not. I'm not sure yet. It would help a lot though....

Edited by qzgy

The Kerbus Aerospace Division's K-350 is a plain, good, workhorse supersonic regional jet that transports passengers from one city to another, efficiently and economically.

It takes off at 70m/s. With a little help from the afterburner to push it above the sound barrier, it is capable of cruising at 640m/s at 11400m, in dry mode.
At cruising speed, fuel use is extremely low -- about 0.08 units/s, and the K-350 can fly 3000+ km with 506 units of fuel carried on-board.

The K-350 is one of the first commercial airliner with space-grade autopilot technology integrated. The prograde lock function is enough to keep the plane cruising at the above speed and altitude mentioned above. The advanced probe core can even fly the plane by itself, without a pilot!

Safety features of the K-350 includes a space-grade parachute.

Last but not the least, the cost. The low parts count of 29 and reliable Panther engines makes maintenance easy. For all the good things the asking price for a K-350 is just 18,987,000 Kerbucks. Even for a small regional jet, it is a bargain, let alone a supersonic one!

screenshot10.png

https://kerbalx.com/TheFlyingKerman/Kerbus-K-350

Note: 1) AG1 = afterburner on/off, AG2 = deploy flaps

=====================================================================================================================

What airliner can you buy for 10,000,000 Kerbucks?

You get a Kerbus Aerospace Division K-210. A fully featured truboprop, carrying 24 passengers. The K-210 is equipped with a full set of control surfaces, strong retractable main landing gears, and combined with <40m/s stalling speed, makes it easy to land even in small airfields. Thanks to the optimization by Kerbus engineers, the two small Juno engines is enough for the streamlined plane to cruise at 290m/s at 6000m, with a >900km range. For 10,173 Kerbucks including fuel, what more can you ask for?

screenshot11.png

https://kerbalx.com/TheFlyingKerman/Kerbus-K-210

Notes: 1) AG2 = deploy flaps, AG3 = deploy tailfins
2) always use flaps when taking off. This ensures the plane taking off before the tail hitting the ground.
3) for emergency landing set the tailfins to 100% and glide down.

Edited by TheFlyingKerman
Corrected link

9 hours ago, qzgy said:

Uhhh..... i5-4690k overclocked to 4.2-4.3 ghz with a 1060 6gb? I mean, powerful, but not the beastiest thing ever. And no, but I wish I did. It actually is one of my less part intensive megabuilds (has around 1000 parts, my highest off hand is somewhere in maybe the 1800 range), but still enough to make it chug.

Thinking about it though, I am starting to feel sorry for the poor soul who will have to review this craft. I'm worried I might melt something...

Edit: If I do this again, I will probably grudgingly install tweakscale. Or not. I'm not sure yet. It would help a lot though....

Seems strikingly similar to my new computer... but I have the 3 Gb version of the 1060.

yeah, just installed tweakscale. I needed a 2.5 meter liquid fuel tank. And wings.

8 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Seems strikingly similar to my new computer... but I have the 3 Gb version of the 1060.

yeah, just installed tweakscale. I needed a 2.5 meter liquid fuel tank. And wings.

Mine is similar, 1060 3gb but a bit more powerful CPU, i7-2600. (Older, but it is still on par with the newest fanciest i5s, and is pretty close to the latest i7s) Runs KSP with maximum physics delta pretty well. (Usually, some of the huge things I have been testing lately have strained it)

Test Pilot Review: @sdj64's Cobal Air - Bluejay 32

8RBdkqQ.png

Figures as Tested:

• Price: :funds:17.991.000
  • Fuel: 600 kallons
  • Cruising speed: 275m/s
  • Cruising altitude: 8500m
  • Fuel burn rate: 0.11kal/s
  • Range:  1500km

Review Notes:

The Bluejay 32 looks absolutely like what you'd expect from a small regional jet, there really isn't anything noteworthy about the design. As far as maneuverability is concerned, the bluejay 32 behaves very well, a very sensitive pitch and roll control allows for quick maneuvering. The turning circle is exceptionally tight, allowing the plane to easily fly and operate in tighter spaces such as mountain ranges. The 4 Juno engines are enough to give the plane some kick, but on the ascent the plane does tend to lose speed rather quickly, meaning that flying up to 8500m takes a while, and then it takes a while longer still to reach 275m/s, since that's really the fastest this plane will go. We however weren't capable of reaching the described range target, flying at 8500m, the fuel usage was 0.11 to fly at 275m/s, combined with the 600 fuel, this gave us a range of roughly 1500km, 400 less than the described 1900km.

Comfort is also good, the rear mounted engines make sure that there isn't too much noise in the cabin. They are mounted directly to the hull though, meaning that some vibrations do make it through. In general we'd describe it as a pretty comfortable flight. Except of course if the pilot turns to sharply, in which case you can get forces up to 25G's, turning every passenger into juice. But let's just presume that our pilots won't do that. Standard training should be more than enough to get pilots into this plane, the ease of control doesn't require any getting used to at all.

At:funds:17.991.000, the price is very much on the lower end of the spectrum, a part count of 40 is higher average, so it'll require a bit more maintenance than other planes, but the Bluejay 32 is a solidly built plane, so we don't really expect too many issues with it.

The Verdict:

A great regional jet, living up to every necessary requirement, and doing this at a lowish price. The Bluejay 32 will make a great addition to our fleet, but with its rather bland feel it surely won't be drawing any new looks. Ordering 8 for use on short-medium ranged routes. 

14 hours ago, qzgy said:

Don't worry, if worse comes to worse I can review it :P (I5 6600k @ 4.5 Ghz, and 2x GTX 970s)

7 minutes ago, NightshineRecorralis said:

Huh, we have almost the same PC, I have a 6600K and a GTX 970, but I usually use my laptop with an i5 3337u and GT 720m :P

WHY THOUGH??? thats like shooting yourself in the foot it seems

1 hour ago, qzgy said:

WHY THOUGH??? thats like shooting yourself in the foot it seems

I don't have a ton of time with my desktop, but for black Friday I got a laptop with an i5 7300hq and a GTX 1050Ti. So hyped ^^

I would like to spend more time at home, so maybe when I get out of school in the summer. :P

Gawain Aeroplane Industries Presents: The GAI Skat

EackbSO.png

It's cheap. ($12,625,000 dry) It's fast. (256m/s) It can carry passengers. (32) It has a partcount. (29) And it has seatwarmers. And it has a range of 1,166 km.

Edit: Forgot everything.

Download: https://kerbalx.com/BristolBrick/Turboprop-Mk-IIIa-Skat

Edited by CrazyJebGuy

40 minutes ago, Confused Scientist said:

That shock cone intake... is beyond words.

What, you haven't ever seen a 5 meter shock cone attached to 5 meter fuel tanks? I needed it for the rear mounted tweakscaled 2.5m Whiplash 

36 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

It looks a little dangerous to me... ground personnel might have to watch out.

Its totally safe! I think... Well, we went through a rigorous inspection progress, with our top scientists inspecting every aspect of it!

Spoiler

B5F0BA525A20FDDDEEE76E60D8A5B111DDECA84B

31 minutes ago, 1Revenger1 said:

Idk, doesn't look like it goes supersonic :P

IDK, it probably dosen't take off....

Spoiler

02E8412AE6DAE6206443854B5295164A96F8FBB4

Jeb's Fun Rating: 100,000 out of 10. See his smile in the spoiler? he's so happy his eyes have gone apart and he's now insane!

Oh! and I have a new version that crashed the game on  my brand spanking new gaming PC: (Picture not available) probs 'cuz of the 20 3.5 meter tweak scaled Goliaths.... :) :P

JUST FOR THE LOLZ

GUYS! I got some new pictures of my Krakentech(tm)(c)(R) Monstrosity(tm) MX-9001X (tm(c)(r)

Spoiler

45961B503A74EE744C4C5E8A0B4A7AB64EE28950

D737D3152CC09FD67132D4BA70DE6CEB33BB9AE8

3C87D2FB435491ED914B3E8CFB672864C2E6E1E9

The shock cone is, indeed, hilarious. I can't even load it up with a strait face. Some might even say it's... shocking! Bu-dum Crash!

WHY DO YOU ALWAYS ASK ME MY MOTIVATION FOR IMPROVING MY POSTS?!

7 hours ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

GUYS! I got some new pictures of my Krakentech(tm)(c)(R) Monstrosity(tm) MX-9001X (tm(c)(r)

Reveal hidden contents

45961B503A74EE744C4C5E8A0B4A7AB64EE28950

D737D3152CC09FD67132D4BA70DE6CEB33BB9AE8

3C87D2FB435491ED914B3E8CFB672864C2E6E1E9

The shock cone is, indeed, hilarious. I can't even load it up with a strait face. Some might even say it's... shocking! Bu-dum Crash!

Honestly, this is just ridiculous :P 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.